The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

The Body Shop Vitamin C Supercharged Face Serum

3.0

1 review

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/27/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a review for the Body Shop's vitamin skin boost. This retails at around 12, which is a little pricey, but when on offer, can work out at a reasonable price. This product has great reviews, so I tried it hoping it would live up to it's hype.
My mum commented on how tired I was looking, where my sister (who uses this) recommended me to try this. As always, I went on the internet and read the raves about this product. I mixed this product with vitamin e oil - and my skin was transformed, whereby it looked so much healthier! My mum, who is really skeptical of these type of products, was telling me to purchase it! However, the lovely glow that I had was only temporary.
The serum has a lovely velvety texture to it, and it would make a great base for foundation. It also gives your skin a lovely glow, though only temporary.
Before the small bottle finished, I would apply it at night mixed in with vitamin e oil, as is recommended on the bottle (it states vitamin c works better in conjunction with vitamin e).
Conclusion: I don't think it did anything major for my skin in the long term, as my skin texture and tone was still the same from before I started using it, but because of the short term glow it provided when mixed with vit e oil, I would repurchase.