The Body Shop professional make-up sponge

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i use this to apply fake tan, i love it!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well I bought this because TBS was doing a promotion- buy one item and get a lip product for 5 dollars. So I took the cheapest thing I could find- this sponge.

I don't even wear foundation (all over). But with this I will now. Might stop using the powder too. This sponge does absorb a lot of foundation but all you have to do is dampen it. I love that the edges have a scoop shape to get the under eye area. I don't know if a lot of sponges have this?
btw, it's very soft, very dense. It's a joy to use. It gives me a dewy finish and I think I'll stop using powder now.

on 2/17/2008 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this sponge to blend in my liquid foundation and dab on concealer (especially on the undereyes where concealer is likely to cake and crease), and eversince I started I stopped using my fingers. I can definately see a huge difference in that my foundation goes on alot more evenly when blended in with this, and it's especially great at evening out the concealing pigment on difficult areas like dark eye circles. I've tried cheaper make up sponges and they also do the trick, although TBS's make up sponge is alot softer (it doesn't drag at delicate areas and is better at smoothing out any cakiness), and not 'rubbery' like cheaper sponges. The only thing is, I have to replace this with a new one every 5-6months because it wears out quick, the pointed tips especially wear out real quick, making application alot harder. Also it's real difficult to wash off foundation/concealer stains from the sponge. It's quite cheap however, the cheapest make-up tool by TBS (rightly so, since this needs to be replaced a couple-few times a year, unlike the brushes that can last you up to 3 years or more) so I don't mind re-purchasing.

on 12/9/2009 10:16:00 PM

Words can't describe my hate for this product. I put some liquid foundation on the sponge and tried to use it but the sponge just soaked it up. And not only did it soak it up really really quickly, but it was dry to the touch after a few seconds of trying to rub it on my skin! In a pathetic attempt to save my foundation (it barely got on my skin because the sponge just ate it) i tried to squish the foundation out but it didn't come out at all. Though The Body Shop usually has amazing products, this was definately not one of them.

Top Rated Tools