Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 44-55
Clairol Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10
Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10  Nice 'n Easy Perfect 10

2.9

I'm on the fence about this one. I bought the color Lightest Cool Brown, because I wanted to cover some brassy tones in my light brown hair. This gave me the exact color I wanted...a soft cool brown that was multi-tonal (either that, or I missed a few spots). It got rid of most of the brassy color, and the few highlights showing through look very natural. I'd be really happy with this, except for the fact that I think I fried my hair. During the application process, I couldn't used the comb applicator, because my hair felt tangled, and all the comb did was get stuck, I ended up just using the regular tip. It also had a pretty strong odor, but it didn't burn or sting my scalp. When I was rinsing the dye, my hair felt like straw! I can't say it was all that whoopee before, but the dye left it crunchy. After applying the after color conditioner, it felt much better, but you know damage was done. I also lost a couple handfuls of hair. I can't say I'll use this again, even though it's the perfect color. We'll see how long it takes to fade, and how quickly the grays show up again. As a note, I used L'Oreal Excellence Crème about two months ago. I didn't care for the color, and it washed out within a few shampoos, but it didn't do so much damage. I guess I'll keep looking.

on 5/15/2011 12:02:00 PM

I've tried this twice now and don't plan to do so again. The consistency is runnier than I like going on, but it's workable. It smells/feels stronger than the other home hair colors I've used, perhaps because it's supposed to work in 10 minutes. I haven't found it to be a real timesaver, though, because it doesn't rinse out very fast at all. It could be that my water doesn't get along with the formula rather than any problem with the product, but since I'm not moving or getting new water piped in, I'm going to go back to hair color that I don't have to rinse and rinse and then rinse some more. Even when I thought I'd gotten it all out, I saw color in the water as I was rinsing out the conditioner.

on 3/27/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have used it about half a dozen times (I experiment w/ color (mostly blondes and browns) and hair coloring products a lot.) I LOVE this stuff even if it is more expensive than other d/s options. I love the comb applicator - in fact, I now use it for other brands that I like (Revlon Colorsilk, L'Oreal Superior Preference, Clairol Nice & Easy).

Love that it only takes 10 minutes = shiny, fully colored hair w/ multiple tones (I have no grays to contend w/ - yet), not obnoxious smelling. Only due to price to I tend to experiment w/ others...will contine to keep in my regular rotation!

on 10/28/2009 6:19:00 PM

i have gotten more compliments on my color since I started usinig this product ( light ash brown) than when i paid almost 100.00 for salon coloring. I love it - I have dry hair so only shampoo every 3rd day and the color stays beautifully.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new favorite hair color! Application was a snap, the color is beautiful even though it faded a little (I think they all do), and I love the conditioner. It made my hair very soft and full (I have a lot of hair but it's very fine, so most conditioners leave it limp and nasty-looking).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One word comes to mind.....awful! I used this instead of Preference Excellence cause of all of the hype. It was SO not worth it. I used Medium Auburn (previously using Light Auburn in Excellence) and not only did I get "Hot Roots" as the colorists call them, but my hair was very dry after rinsing the dye out. I knew right then it was going to be bad! After drying for a few minutes I seen Reddish orange roots, VERY bright & then a Cherry Red tone to rest of my hair. All the new growth was very bright reddish orange & the rest of my hair to my ends was a un-natural looking cherry red. If you are looking for very bright red hair....then perhaps this is for you. I left it on for 12 minutes exactly, so it wasn't like it had been left on too long or anything. I am very unhappy and as soon as I can change it without drying it out further, I will. Oh, & by the way....hubby just stared at it, pretty much speechless. Just to add to my unhappiness! :(

After years of spending $100 a visit for salon colored hair and rarely being happy with the results, I decided the time was here to do it myself. I read about Clairol Perfect 10 in Allure magazine, how the lightening agents were different from the usual caustic peroxide, not as damaging to the hair cuticle. And an additional bonus, 10 short minutes to process! Well, it took me longer than 10 minutes to apply, I have a lot of long hair, but was happy to learn that it does not continue to lighten past the initial 10 minutes. I think I must have been screaming when I saw and felt the amazing results, poor DH thought I had cut off a finger or something! Every 2 months the results are the same...never lets me down, never brassy. I buy the lightest blond that they make. I continue to pinch myself silly every time I drive by my old salon, they are advertising now for cut/color/ and hilights starting at $84. How about $12? Can you beat that? ! Only with a stick!

on 7/12/2009 8:53:00 PM

I really wish I had read the reviews here before agreeing to dye my friend's short, thick, wavy hair with the Golden Brown. In these tough economic times she decided to stop having her colorist do her hair. She asked me to dye it for her since she's knows I've been doing my own for many years with great results. I followed the instructions *exactly* and her grays pulled a bright almost day-glo orange! The browns turned very dusky, almost black, charcoal brown. Her normal healthy, thick hair was as dry as hay :( A haircut won't solve this mess. I feel like I ruined her hair, even though I know it was this unbelievably cheesy excuse for dye. I am thinking class action lawsuit - Clairol should NOT be permitted to get away with putting this product on retail shelves. Jeez. And while I'm ranting, why can't we choose "0" lippies?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

ABOUT ME: I have used this product approximately 8 times. Prior to that, I used regular Nice-n-Easy for 4 years. My hair is fine, thin and naturally dark blonde. I condition my hair like a fiend and it is in very good condition. I used the Medium Blonde and then switched to the new Light Golden Blonde.

I do not like this product for mulitple reasons 1) It is very drying, hair felt like it had lost body (somebody else said they felt it made their hair thin - I agree, and I have never experienced that with the regular Nice-n-Easy 2) The product fades very quickly, even with color preserving shampoos, 3) the color is very matte and flat - unlike the regular multitonal Nice-n-Easy, 4) It takes more that 10 minutes, even more than 15 minutes if you have stubborn greys, 5) this product is way too expensive.

on 3/24/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This dye made my hair extremely dry. But that's not the worst of it! I bought the Medium Ash Brown and my hair turned out almost black, and very dull. I got my money back from the company and will never purchase it again.