4.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 years ago

This has few ingredients and I can understand what the names are,which is great. There are not many lip balms out in the market that do not contain tons of fragrances and ingredients. I have eczema and recently am going though TSW so I am really careful with the products I use. It does not help keep my lips moisturised.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Fine

4 years ago

I only had to go through about 1000 different lip balms before finding the right one. Badger unscented is it! I find most products that are unscented still carry a bad or unusual scent. The reason I don't like scented is because the smell starts to get to me after more than a few minutes. Any scent just becomes too much. Badger unscented has no scent to me. My boyfriend swears he smells a bit of rosemary, which is does contain, but I can't smell anything. It leaves the perfect amount of product in one swipe. It's more waxy than creamy, so that's rare. I find waxy lip balm doesn't ever leave enough and creamy shea butter-based lip balms leave far too much

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

5 years ago

This is the only lip balm I have found not to irritate my lips or be allergic to, and to actually work. Most lip balms contain fragrance and taste awful, and the other unscented ones I've found are usually based on mineral oil or its derivatives which just dry out my lips more. I still get flaky lips but this helps with the problem where others haven't, also it goes on my lips smoothly - some can be really hard going! The packaging is in a twist up tube which suits me for using whether at home or out and about, and is more hygienic than pots or squeezable tubes. However I find that it gets to the point where I've twisted it up as far as it will go, and there is still plenty in the tube. So I have to use a fingernail to dig some out - not so hygienic! I also use it for wearing under lipstick as it gives a slight gloss to the lipstick and my lips are less dry than if I applied lipstick alone. I think it represents good value due to the ingredients used and the fact that they are organic, and it is unscented which is really important - I really dislike scented lip balms. I hope it doesn't get discontinued - I have been searching for years!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

5 years ago

Love this unscented, natural lip balm underneath whatever lip colour I'm using. I carry this in my purse, backpack, etc. and reach for it when lips start to feel dry. Though I drink what seems like gallons of water, I still get chapped lips and this somewhat helps against that issue. Above all, I'm a sucker for packaging and I really like the little badger on the label and have since bought a larger tin of a similar unscented balm (the 56g/2oz yellow one for dry, sensitive skin) by the same brand. I use both products each day and especially love that they do not contain petroleum.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

It is very moisturizing. Relieves flaky lips. Preps for lipstick application. No glossy layer. Not sticky.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

7 years ago

HOLY GRAIL, and I never use that term lightly. Everything, but everything, besides this makes my lips peel. I had almost given up. In fact, before finding these, I had to make my own lip balm in order to have something that didn't make me peel. What a pain that was! Now I can have non-peeling, moisturized lips the easy way. I, too, have tubes and tubes of this stuff all over the house and in every pocket of every piece of clothing. I just checked Drugstore.com, and it seems I have purchased 40 tubes in the five or six years I've been using it. For those of us with lips that peel due to sensitivity, the simple formula and lack of fragrance is a godsend.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I love it and have tubes of it all over the house. I hate to put on lipstick without putting this on first. My lips never get chapped anymore. And I'm happy that it's unscented -- no irritating peppermint or cloying fruit. It's perfect.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This is good if you don't want any scent. I've used this probably twice over the years. I love their vanilla one, and that's the one I mainly use now.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrunette

8 years ago

It' simple. Good for sensitive lips and for people like me who may have allergies and sensitivities to lip products casusing dry throat and mouth. Does what it says. Looks cute. Works well as a heavy night treatment. Works well-after blotting- during day time as a primer for lipstick. Recommended. Ingredients; olive oil, beeswax, castor oil, rosemary.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

A lovely simple lip-balm. PROS: ---does the job of moisturising lips ---without greasing them up ---without irritating them or the surrounding skin ---no scent or flavour; Badger do make nice other lip balms and skin balms with scent, so something here to please everyone / most people ---minimal formulation, but still has some preservatives; doesn't seem to go off. ---good base for under lipstick, or indeed under SPF lipbalm and lippie ---bonus: also works well as an eye-area moisturising balm, on dryish skin. ---and usable as a general-purpose all-over balm: hands, elbows, knees, heels, etc. ---cruelty-free, plus other "green" stuff. CONS: Can't honestly think of any. Oh, okay, maybe one: melts in heat. But doesn't everything? PACKAGING & PRICE: Mainly found in stick form; can occasionally still be found in the large 2 oz / 56 g tin (like the healing balm): used them years ago, they're now rare in North America as a whole, bordering on extinct here in Canada. The tin is really worth getting: lasts forever, easier to use in some situations. It's slightly different--just olive oil and beeswax. Costs around $2.50 - 4.00 for 0.25 oz / 4.2 g INGREDIENTS: extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, castor oil, CO2 Extract of rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary)

About reviewer (442 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool