REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Filtered by hair type : Other
REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

3.7

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 1/9/2018 6:17:00 PM

Way too sticky - it felt like glue on my face. I had to take it off before the recommended time. I don't know if it helped, because I did not use it again. Just too unpleasant.

on 3/28/2016 5:04:00 PM

This is very weak with an acid concentration of 7%. Most glycolic cleansers are more than this and I'm already using things around the 25% mark. This did nothing for me. Juice Beauty Green apple peel is so much better for cheaper so I recommend that over this any day.

on 3/8/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This peel mask didn't wow me. It has a sweet tacky smell of jam, similar texture too. It stings upon application and doesn't give dramatically different results. No adverse effects, despite the slight initial discomfort. It's similar to Dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliant. Gentle for sensitive skin but forgettably meh. Not worth the price.

on 1/27/2014 8:05:00 PM

This is one of the biggest dissapointments when it comes to cosmetic products.
I had such a high expectations from this product because it was praised literally everywhere, and I really don't get the hype.
This product does literally NOTHING! Sometimes I even leave it on my face for more than 30 minutes (and it says on the box that you should let it work for 10 minutes) and still nothing happens. It doesn't unclog pores, it doesn't make your wrinkles less visible or your skin more radiant...literally nothing happens after use of this! But hey, at least it didn't do any harm to my skin either.
I also hate the texture of this - it's like a caramel, very sticky and it takes ages to rinse it off your face.
Packaging is nice and practical, but the muslin cloth you recieve with this is a joke, it's literally just a small piece of gauze.
There's only one thing that I like about this product and it's the smell - it has really refreshing tropical fruit scent, you can really smell all the natural ingredients inside.
But I want my products to work, not just to smell good, so overall - this is the worst mask I ever had (and the most expensive one at the same time).

on 8/29/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Over all a rubbish product. It did nothing. Total waste of money.

It says the following on the package: Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes.

The product does none of the above and actually helps with congestion

The quality of this product does not justify the price. I do not mind spending money on skin care that works but this was simply a waste!!

on 8/28/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is a lifesaver.
I have dry-normal skin. I exfoliate twice weekly. Cleanse twice daily. Moisturize twice a day. And occasionally wear CC cream (I like a natural makeup free look). I never broke out in my teens but three months ago my forehead started breaking out in the most stubborn acne ever. They stayed for weeks and the scars wouldn't fade away. I tried everything from natural treatments to benzoyl peroxide and NOTHING worked. I kept getting fresh breakouts.

So I said enough is enough went on MUA and did the most extensive research I've ever done in my life. This is what I ended up with. I went to Sephora and was recommended this product (research+recommendation= HAS to work yes?) YES. IT WORKED. I've been using it a month. All the scars have faded away and no new breakouts in sight. My skin is back to normal and is radiant and glowing like it's meant to be. This is a chemical peel so it burns. I leave it on for the 10 mins like it says and the results take place overnight. So the next morning is when you would see if it worked. Your skin should be incredibly soft and glowing.

It's not a peel I would use for normal or dry skin (unless it's going through a rough time like mine did). But if you have trouble with blemishes I would def recommend it. It's pricey but was well worth it for me.

Update: the scars and blemishes from the awful skin-breakout phase (described above) were definitely completely cured through this mask. But then I noticed the mask didn't give me the same results after two months of regular use. My skin didn't look as glowing and fresh after as it used to before when I first started using this. So I stopped using it every week. Then I started getting the worst breakouts again. I've kept the blemishes at bay now through double cleansing and a clay mask but there are stubborn scars again. I am planning to use this again to see if it does anything to the scars. I notice I breakout after using this mask and it's making me think that my skin is vulnerable to impurities right after. Or it might be because I moisturize with rosehip seed oil. I will try to pair this with an oil free moisturizer and update again.

Update 2: I paired this with a cream - La Roche Posay cicaplast baume b5. Expected amazing results because of the rave reviews for that product. The scars did not diminish and my skin got congested. Threw out the cream and went back to grape seed oil. No difference.

2 days ago I paired this with Ren Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil. The results are amazing. The Glycolactic mask is now as potent as I found it the first time I used it. The congestion has gone away, the scars are fading and the redness has disappeared. I have high hopes for this combination and I'm glad I don't have to throw this mask away.

on 5/22/2013 3:49:00 PM

Wonderful exfoliator. Reinvigorates skin upon first application: dull skin brightened, pores deep-cleansed, tonal uniformity restored. Powerful yet non-abrasive. A real find.

on 4/10/2013 1:33:00 PM

I adore this product and have found myself looking forward to my weekly treat of using it as the results have been incredible.

Even though it is an exfoliant I have been using it once a week after a quick scrub with my Liz Earle exfoliator. I've been leaving it on for the recommended ten minutes and am fast becoming addicted to the results because they are instant.

Immediately afterwards my skin is smooth, glowing and clear - and now, after six weeks regular use the effects are proving to be long lasting.

My pores have shrunk (near disappeared) and my complexion, much clearer; to the extent that I no longer "need" foundation.

The mask tingles when it is applied - but it isn't unpleasant. ...In a funny way I like this as it feels as though it is working.

This mask isn't cheap but the results have been so brilliant that I will have no qualms about buying this again - or recommending it to friends and family.

I got this from a set that purchased. I used up the 0.5oz tube in a few weeks and honestly did not feel much change on my skin after using the mask. It did not cause any irritation.

on 2/4/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this product! This mask was recommended to me by a sales consultant and i was a little bit skeptical about it at the beginning. However, after the 1st try i could really see the difference - my skin was practically glowing!!! I use it at least once a week in conjunction with other products.
My mum has also started using this mask and everytime she uses it i can see the difference in her skin tone right away!
Would highly recommend to anyone with acne prone and dull skin :)