Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/9/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for shine control on my T zone for the summer Georgia heat! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation with it. This combo keeps my skin almost completely shine free for 8 hours. Def for about 6 hrs without making my makeup slide off at all. Ones I didn't like are: Benefit, ELF, Maybelline, L'Oreal and Smashbox. I prefer a non-silicon feel primer. My 2nd favorite is Fergie eye primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a deluxe sized sample of this product & its lasted me a year! I alternate between this & one other eyeshadow primer. This stuff works well on my normal eyelids. Slightly neutralizes veins/discoloration on my lids & makes my eyeliner last longer. It also makes my eyeshadow apply more smoothly & look more vibrant than if I wasn't using a primer.

However, when I run out I won't purchase a full size. The price in my opinion is too high, especially when my other eyeshadow primer (which I got at the drugstore) works just as well or possibly even better than this one. Also I'm not sure if I could even get through a full sized tube before it'd be time to toss it.

To Read all 1656 Reviews, Login or Join

Too Faced is a cruelty-free brand so that pulled me into it. The price is of course as any branded goods go, so I had high expectations of it. I was very impressed by the formula, and it really did help with my eyeliner smudging! My eyelids used to be quite oily, and this helped with any eyelid product. My skin routine has since changed, and for some reason my eyelids aren't producing as much oil. Even my gel liner stays put. I would recommend this to anyone with oily eye area!

However, the product dries up very fast. I'm not even done with the tube and it is so dry that it hurts my fingers just to squeeeze the hard product out. (I then mix with a bit of liquid foundation as a fix)

on 6/5/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I should start out with the fact that my face is oily from the top of my head to right around my top lip. I've been able to find primer to help with my face except my eyelids. Now I love wearing eyeshadow and rocking out the look. But due to my oily lids, I haven't found that many eyelid primers. Enter Too Faced. I had heard about it from Oh No They Didn't and people swore it was worth gold. So I bought it from Sephora.
OH MY GOSH! THIS DOESN'T WORK!! That first day, I put it on my eyelids after I put on my foundation and waited. Then applied my eyeshadow and went about my day. Fast forward 3 hours when I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My eyes were not only oily, but I could see where my eyeshadow had creased. This annoyed me but I refused to be deterred. I figured I had messed up some how, so I began to watch youtube videos to see if people applied it before or after their foundation.
I started applying it before my foundation. Crease. I applied it after my foundation and applied two coats. Creased some more. I added another eyelid primer and then used that one on top of the new primer. That seemed to help let it stay but it would crease.

Looking at the reviews, I realize that a lot of people who love this have dry to normal skin. If you have dry to normal skin, you will love this. If you're oily like me, don't waste your money.

on 5/17/2016 4:58:00 AM

I have been using this shadow insurance for years. I have finished about 5 tubes (yes, they last a longggggg time). My eyelids are very oily and I tried MAC paint pot (not working for me - still oily and creases - basically a mess) prior being introduced to this brand by a good friend of mine. It has been my holygrail product on a daily basis. Even if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, I still use it and my eyelid stays dry the whole day from morning till night. I really recommend this product for those of you who are looking for an eye primer! PS: Recently a friend of mine also recommended Urban Decay's anti aging eye primer and I will be using that once I finish the latest tube.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am in two minds about this primer... On the one hand, it is very cute, doesn't dry out my eyelids, and generally does a good job.

On the other hand, some of my eyeshadows still crease with it, and it leaves my eyelids slightly sticky once it has dried. I usually dust over a thin layer of white shadow before I apply my other colours, because they can stick to the primer and end up not blending smoothly.

I think this would be a good primer if you are specifically looking for a sticky base. I can still make it work, but I'll keep searching for my HG shadow primer.

on 5/9/2016 6:49:00 PM

I'm very impressed by this. I received a sample from Sephora and decided to try it out together with a new eye shadow palette from Dior (Escapade). Twelve hours later, the eye shadow looks as great as it did when I first put it on - and I have oily lids. No creasing, no fading, no smudging. Up to now, I've been using Urban Decay's eye primer and I've been happy with it, but this has convinced me to make a change.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

So I purchased this from TK Maxx for about £5.99 and felt so lucky cause reviews seemed staggered by the pricing. Anyway, I really like this product and how it makes my shadow colours more intense and prolongs their wear. Packaging is cute too so that's always a bonus. I've only been using this for a week now and have nothing to complain about so far.....or at all! I use this eye primer with a Max Studio palette and at the longest, my eye makeup lasted a whole 12 hours which included travelling by bus for 7 of those and sleeping! Didn't smear or fade but that could also be as a result of a setting spray. Overall, I love the product and I would purchase again.

I do enjoy this primer. it goes on nice and smooth, which I love. I use this with a drugstore palette (Maybelline The Nudes palette) and it really seems to make the eyeshadow stand out way more and makes it last through the whole day. although a bit pricey, I think it's worth it.

Wow - until I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance - I was about to give up on using eye shadow primer. I had used Urban Decay primer in the purple tube and was never that impressed - plus it would always slightly sting my eyelids when I first put it on. Ditto for another one I tried - I believe it was Prestige (would sting and not work that well). I also had used NYX high definition, and while it did not sting, again, not impressed. I received the Too Faced Shadow Insurance as part of set of Too Faced products I purchase as a value package (It also had eye shadow, blush and mascara). I was really blown away with this product. It really works! It does not sting my eyelids at all and truly makes my eye shadow last longer, no matter what brand of shadow it is. I am really impressed with this. I will definitely purchase again.