Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Awesome! Expensive, but worth it... teamed with a Mac pain point, it's unstoppable!

I also use t under my eye to stop creasing of my foundation / concealer - not sure if it's necessarily meant for that or not, but it works a treat. Hourglass powder on top and it's pretty magic

on 2/17/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This primer works well, but it is nothing special. I get the same results from both Milani and ELF so personally don't see the point in spending out the extra cash for this.

I'm glad I got a deluxe sample because I would regret buying it. For some reason it just doesn't work for me. Even though I use tiny amount it creases, makes my base products I used around eyes (foundation, concealer) smudge and separate. Sure, makes eyeshadow look more vibrant but makes blending it harder- the texture is a weird mix between sticky and powdery. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't contain beeswax I'm allergic to (unlike UDPP), but I prefer my Zoeva Eyeshadow Fix all the way.

on 1/21/2017 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This works really well for me. I have used Urban Decay's Primer Potion and NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base also, but I have sensitive eyelids and have, on rare occasions, experienced mild itching from Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I decided to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and found that it works just as well for me in terms of keeping powder shadows in place without creasing or fading. The squeeze tube is easy to use and less bulky than NARS packaging. There is no doe's foot applicator in this one, but it's not necessary - it's easy to squeeze a tiny amount onto a fingertip or paddle brush and smooth it over the lids.

I bought the original version (there is one called Candlelight that is shimmery). This does not leave any noticeable color on the lids, but creates a smooth, even surface. I can use this under the eyes as well.

In spite of the fact that the formula isn't radically different from Urban Decay's Primer Potion, I haven't had any problems (itching or otherwise) with this product, and would buy it again.

$20 for 0.35 oz

Ingredients:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Tocopherol, Polysilicone-11, Laureth-12, Gold, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 1/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I previously used UDPP, but I found the formula to be too thick and greasy for my oily hooded eyelids. I have been using TFSI for nearly two years and it has not disappoint me. This primer has a thinner consistency that dries down quicker and makes it easier to blend eyeshadow while keeping me crease-proof for 8+ hours. The best part is the packaging because it comes in a slim tube that is squeezed to dispense the product and I only need a grain of rice size for my eyelids. I rely on TFSI as my HG eyeshadow primer so I'll repurchase this and recommend it to those who found UDPP to not live up to their expectations.

this product was absolutely horrible, yet pushed on me at a local ulta store. this thing creases like no tomorrow - and i wasn't having any issues with creasing at all. i wound up taking this back to ulta

on 12/30/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like it at all. Very bad formula for this high end product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Doesn't work for me at all, sadly. My eyelids are very oily, and mascara and eyeliner transfers onto my upper eyelid (into my partially hooded creases) and lower line area, which is why I bought this. There is almost no difference for my creasing/smudging with or without this product - maybe the primer helps for the first hour or so, but otherwise, nothing. It also tends to separate if not used frequently, which is annoying for an occasional makeup wearer.

I only chose this one over the Urban Decay one because I like the aqua packaging more. I'll keep searching for the perfect primer.

Bought this with a Sephora giftcard so at least I didn't pay for it!

on 12/22/2016 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've bought this as a full size product as well as receiving multiple sample sizes in sets or from retailers. I feel like this works OK in the wintertime (though still not my favourite) but definitely does not hold up at all in the summertime. Originally bought as a replacement for Urban Decay primer potion but I much much prefer the Urban Decay product. I do have very oily lids and a deep crease/hood, I know a lot of people love this primer and I think it really comes down to your skin type, eyelid shape, and other personal factors, but I get a lot of creasing with this as soon as warm weather hits. I also found this separates more readily than thicker primers, if you are just getting liquid from the tube give it a good mix with the cap on and it will return to a better texture but still not my cup of tea. I've had a few sample sizes of this recently and just give them to friends now as I feel like it's just not worth my time.

on 12/10/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will be buying this until I'm dead . Seriously it's amazing. I've been using it for years but today it really impressed me. 37 degree hot and humid West Australian summer weather, I was out all day and sweating like a mofo and my eye makeup has not moved an inch!!!!