Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I prefer this to UD Primer Potion mainly because it doesn't have an applicator. I like that I can put this on with my finger, which is much easier to me than playing around with the stupid tip of PP. However, in terms of doing its job, it is not perfect and is similar in quality to PP. It makes colours and sparkle look stronger but shadow still creases within 3 hours. Good for balancing colours on the lid though and making everything smooth.

on 5/8/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not sure it really does anything. It is quite difficult to handle as it separates so I am very careful squeezing it out. I use it because I feel I should not because it makes a noticeable positive difference. It is an extra in a make up kit.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this religiously until I realized it just wasn't working well anymore. I found Wet N Wild primer, which dries faster, has sturdier packaging, doesn't separate like this one, holds pigment better, does not crease at all and costs under $10.
Unfortunately, Shadow Insurance didn't play nice with some concealers and had oil breakthrough resulting in creases.
If you're disappointed, try Wet N Wild instead!

This is my daily eyeshadow primer. I used to use the urban decay Primer potion but unfortunately I've had allergic reactions to their formula. The too faced Primer does a great job of keeping my eyeshadow on throughout the day without any smudges or issues. I have tried others, but nothing else compares to this. My more detailed review video is below.

Awesome! Expensive, but worth it... teamed with a Mac pain point, it's unstoppable!

I also use t under my eye to stop creasing of my foundation / concealer - not sure if it's necessarily meant for that or not, but it works a treat. Hourglass powder on top and it's pretty magic

on 2/17/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This primer works well, but it is nothing special. I get the same results from both Milani and ELF so personally don't see the point in spending out the extra cash for this.

I'm glad I got a deluxe sample because I would regret buying it. For some reason it just doesn't work for me. Even though I use tiny amount it creases, makes my base products I used around eyes (foundation, concealer) smudge and separate. Sure, makes eyeshadow look more vibrant but makes blending it harder- the texture is a weird mix between sticky and powdery. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't contain beeswax I'm allergic to (unlike UDPP), but I prefer my Zoeva Eyeshadow Fix all the way.

on 1/21/2017 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This works really well for me. I have used Urban Decay's Primer Potion and NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base also, but I have sensitive eyelids and have, on rare occasions, experienced mild itching from Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I decided to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and found that it works just as well for me in terms of keeping powder shadows in place without creasing or fading. The squeeze tube is easy to use and less bulky than NARS packaging. There is no doe's foot applicator in this one, but it's not necessary - it's easy to squeeze a tiny amount onto a fingertip or paddle brush and smooth it over the lids.

I bought the original version (there is one called Candlelight that is shimmery). This does not leave any noticeable color on the lids, but creates a smooth, even surface. I can use this under the eyes as well.

In spite of the fact that the formula isn't radically different from Urban Decay's Primer Potion, I haven't had any problems (itching or otherwise) with this product, and would buy it again.

$20 for 0.35 oz

Ingredients:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Tocopherol, Polysilicone-11, Laureth-12, Gold, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 1/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I previously used UDPP, but I found the formula to be too thick and greasy for my oily hooded eyelids. I have been using TFSI for nearly two years and it has not disappoint me. This primer has a thinner consistency that dries down quicker and makes it easier to blend eyeshadow while keeping me crease-proof for 8+ hours. The best part is the packaging because it comes in a slim tube that is squeezed to dispense the product and I only need a grain of rice size for my eyelids. I rely on TFSI as my HG eyeshadow primer so I'll repurchase this and recommend it to those who found UDPP to not live up to their expectations.

this product was absolutely horrible, yet pushed on me at a local ulta store. this thing creases like no tomorrow - and i wasn't having any issues with creasing at all. i wound up taking this back to ulta