Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 11/14/2017 10:23:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora and have used it for several days. It has really outperformed my UDPP. Unfortunately I won't be buying it because I found that Too Faced has a parent company which tests on animals. I guess I will try the Milani or Wet and Wild ones which have great reviews and those companies don't test on animals.

on 10/23/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to find a new eye shadow primer after my HG (Tarte 360 creasless) was D/Ced. (Mini Rant: Why? Just Why??) Anyway, i have aging eyes with droopy eyelids and I like to use a primer for both my eyelids and under my eyes for my concealer. I have sensitive skin, especially around my eyes, so i cannot use many of the top selling primers (UD or Mac are out for me) and i have to be careful with new products around my eyes. I purchased this Too Faced shadow primer from Ulta for $20. I like the packaging and that the nozzle of the tube is very small so you can squeeze out just a small drop. It is a tan cream color but once smoothed on the lid it becomes transparent (at least on me and I have deep/tan skin tone.). My eyelids are not overly dry or oily, but they are wrinkly. I use this primer both on my eyelid and under my eyes. It feels a bit tacky but it does a very good job of holding my shadow in place. Love how it smooths out my under eye area. My concealer goes on smoothly and it keeps it in place all day. I have had so skin reaction of any kind to this product. I think i have found my new HD eye shadow primer. This works very well for me and i would recommend it.

I think overall this is a pretty nice eyeshadow primer. I used to only use urban decays pp, but this was on sale so I decided to give it a try. The formula is much smoother and less sticky compared to urban decay. It does help with both eyeshadow application and seems to make it last longer. A little tiny bit goes a long way which is also nice. I think overall it is very similar to primer potion. I'd like to point out that my eyelids are not very oily so a primer isn't always necessary for me but this product still does help with wear and a smoother application.

on 10/17/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

After reading and seeing so many good reviews I just had to have a tube. From the so-called Too Faced Australian authorized seller, I purchased two Shadow Insurance tubes, nude and champagne. These would have to be the worst eyeshadow primers I have ever used. Both separated badly in the tubes and both were very oily. The lasting power before creasing was about 3 hours, fading was huge after 4 hours, I used Too faced eyeshadow and also It cosmetics eyeshadow. I am in my early 60's but using these primers I temporarily gained many more wrinkles and my eye makeup looked terrible within a few hours. I returned to the store where I purchased them, they guaranteed that these primers were genuine, they claimed the problems were caused by my age. I have used dollar store primers with more staying power than Too Faced. Would not recommend.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best eyeshadow primer i have ever tried and I've tried many different shadow primers. This really does last 24hrs I have gone to work partied and then home and my eyeshadow is still in tact! I have oily skin so an eyeshadow primer is a must. I recently tried something different and it didn't work at all it made me realize this is the best product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this primer. I am not sure if it's just mine, but when i try to squeze it out of the tube a LOT of oil comes out of it, wayy before the actual product does. It looks exactly like an expired product, but weirdly..it works. It blends beautifully into the skin, leaving a very smooth texture, perfect for applying the eyeshadow. The pigment stays there, there's no smudging, no creasing and the eyeshadow looks perfect even after 10 hours.
It may seem like a product that can be replaced with a concealer; but truth is..it's on a different level. Highly recommend it!

on 9/11/2017 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great primer, worked my super oily lids. But I don't think I'll repurchase. It is a tad too expensive for me to justify, as there are many cheaper options that perform just as well or nearly as well. It also tends to separate so I would recommend giving it a good shake before squeezing it out.

I prefer this to UD Primer Potion mainly because it doesn't have an applicator. I like that I can put this on with my finger, which is much easier to me than playing around with the stupid tip of PP. However, in terms of doing its job, it is not perfect and is similar in quality to PP. It makes colours and sparkle look stronger but shadow still creases within 3 hours. Good for balancing colours on the lid though and making everything smooth.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this religiously until I realized it just wasn't working well anymore. I found Wet N Wild primer, which dries faster, has sturdier packaging, doesn't separate like this one, holds pigment better, does not crease at all and costs under $10.
Unfortunately, Shadow Insurance didn't play nice with some concealers and had oil breakthrough resulting in creases.
If you're disappointed, try Wet N Wild instead!

on 5/8/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not sure it really does anything. It is quite difficult to handle as it separates so I am very careful squeezing it out. I use it because I feel I should not because it makes a noticeable positive difference. It is an extra in a make up kit.