Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 1/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I previously used UDPP, but I found the formula to be too thick and greasy for my oily hooded eyelids. I have been using TFSI for nearly two years and it has not disappoint me. This primer has a thinner consistency that dries down quicker and makes it easier to blend eyeshadow while keeping me crease-proof for 8+ hours. The best part is the packaging because it comes in a slim tube that is squeezed to dispense the product and I only need a grain of rice size for my eyelids. I rely on TFSI as my HG eyeshadow primer so I'll repurchase this and recommend it to those who found UDPP to not live up to their expectations.

this product was absolutely horrible, yet pushed on me at a local ulta store. this thing creases like no tomorrow - and i wasn't having any issues with creasing at all. i wound up taking this back to ulta

on 12/30/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not like it at all. Very bad formula for this high end product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Doesn't work for me at all, sadly. My eyelids are very oily, and mascara and eyeliner transfers onto my upper eyelid (into my partially hooded creases) and lower line area, which is why I bought this. There is almost no difference for my creasing/smudging with or without this product - maybe the primer helps for the first hour or so, but otherwise, nothing. It also tends to separate if not used frequently, which is annoying for an occasional makeup wearer.

I only chose this one over the Urban Decay one because I like the aqua packaging more. I'll keep searching for the perfect primer.

Bought this with a Sephora giftcard so at least I didn't pay for it!

on 12/22/2016 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've bought this as a full size product as well as receiving multiple sample sizes in sets or from retailers. I feel like this works OK in the wintertime (though still not my favourite) but definitely does not hold up at all in the summertime. Originally bought as a replacement for Urban Decay primer potion but I much much prefer the Urban Decay product. I do have very oily lids and a deep crease/hood, I know a lot of people love this primer and I think it really comes down to your skin type, eyelid shape, and other personal factors, but I get a lot of creasing with this as soon as warm weather hits. I also found this separates more readily than thicker primers, if you are just getting liquid from the tube give it a good mix with the cap on and it will return to a better texture but still not my cup of tea. I've had a few sample sizes of this recently and just give them to friends now as I feel like it's just not worth my time.

on 12/10/2016 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will be buying this until I'm dead . Seriously it's amazing. I've been using it for years but today it really impressed me. 37 degree hot and humid West Australian summer weather, I was out all day and sweating like a mofo and my eye makeup has not moved an inch!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Not too greasy or too dry, goes on smooth! A little goes a long way, tube lasts forever.

on 11/29/2016 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Didn't work on me at all. This primer was a disaster for my oily eyelids. My eyeshadow was a creasy mess within a few hours.

on 9/14/2016 11:54:00 AM

I recieved a delux sample of the reformulated 24 hour shadow insurance eye shadow primer. I could use the old formula no problem. So I thought I could use this with no issues. Well it is similar in texture and look to UD's primer except this primer dried my eyelids so bad! It also gave me a rash on my eyelids that is so itchy! I only used it 2 days in a row then had to stop because the rash was just getting worse. So, I knew this primer sadly was the culprit. I have never had a reaction to an eye primer ever and I use all different kinds. My favorite being the wet and wild.

But this primer I would say is very drying on my really oily lids that's why I was amazed that this made my lids dry. But if you have skin sensitivities just be careful with this primer. I never break out or get rashes from primers but this is an exception. The product itself works and if you don't have irritation you're golden. But if you have sensitive eyes just be aware an allergy could happen. If it didn't give me the rash I would of rated it 5 lippies because it worked.

on 9/14/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start by saying that most eyeshadows tend to hold well on my lids. Where this little gem comes into play is when I am using shadows that have more powdery formulations - you know, the ones that have huge payoff and you only have them because there is no other brand with that colour you want - or when there is a lot of glitter/shimmer in a shadow that remains on the brush while the base colour sits nicely to the lid.

I like that this primer is tinted nude and disappears completely with no residual cast of white or opacity. I have semi fair olive skin but my lids are a tad darker, to the point that people compliment my eyeshadow colour when I'm not even wearing eyeshadow. Because of this, a lot of other primers change the base colour of my lids and this affects the shadow I put on afterwards. Annoying. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is absolutely invisible. It glides on super easily and quickly that you'd be daft to use anything other than your finger, otherwise you'll waste way too much product AND a little ages a long way.

The consistency is like a slightly oily, siliconey butter. Some people talk about it separating but this is only an issue of you don't use it often. I've not had that problem too many times and if I have, just squeeze out a bit more and work it a bit on the back of your hand first.

The smell is so so. No great but I've smelt worse. It kind reminds me of craft at kindergarten. That kind of smell. Tolerable. The packaging is great and super hygienic, especially for a product that you're using on your eyes, and no leakage. I'm not keen on those doe tip applicator ones or even the pots where you have to rub your finger in it a few time to get any product out and then rub on your lids and irritate your eyes - too unhygienic and fussy in my opinion.

Price wise, it's fairly average in my opinion. $29 AUD for 11g is pretty good, especially when you consider how little needs to be used.

Again, I use this for shadows that I need extra help with ensuring they adhere well to my eye to show off the effect I like when I see it in the shadow pan/pot. I have so many shadows, as I mentioned above, where the glitter never manages to stay on the lid, or the powder itself is way too powdery and you end up wasting a lot of product.

Not too sure how darker skinned folks out there go with the colour match but I'd still suggest you try it because it might still disappear just the same. a better option than some of those horrible white ones out there that always leave a cast no matter what the sales reps make you think.

There are so many reviews on this product, I'm not too sure i'm adding anything further with this review but I hope it helps. xx