Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 4/12/2018 3:25:00 PM

Too bad this didn't work out for me. This product does its job wonderfully. I have extremely oily eyelids and this helped my tarte and too faced eyeshadows last for up to 8 hours before creasing. However, after just a few days of use this product made my eyelash line extremely itchy, to the point that I thought I had an eye infection. As soon as i stopped using it the itchiness went away in a couple days. I AM prone to eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis so it could be that my skin is too sensitive. I also read in another post that it could be an allergic reaction to bismuth oxychloride... anyways if you have sensitive skin and the issues related don't buy! But if you don't I would give it a try

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use Urban Decay primer, but it made my eyelids dry . I got a sample of this, and I love it. It glides on smoothly, makes my shadows more vibrant , and last many hours. I purchased a full size of it. When you can't squeeze out anymore, cut open the tube , as there is a lot of product settled into the bottom.

on 3/24/2018 6:25:00 PM

Yeeees, my fave.
The only drawback is the packaging - when you think you're finished with the product, you need to cut the top and scoop out the remaining bit.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hate Hate Hate Hate.

Got as a free gift w/purchase.

Dries powdery immediately as soon as it's applied.

Causes skipping, uneven pigmentation, muddy blend lines, rolling of shadow around the eyelid and crease area.

I have oily lids, this makes me feel like I have the eyelids of a 90 yr old. Lots of my shadows won't even stick to it.

Will be sticking to my Clinique concealer I've been using for YEARS as my primer.

Hate hate hate hate this product.

on 3/11/2018 1:39:00 AM

This is my HG eye makeup primer. One tube lasted me over 2 years, and the squeeze tube allowed me to get every single last drop of this primer so that none went to waste. It's a bit more pricey, but absolutely worth the money IMO and will buy again.

Small amount goes long way and I use two sesame seeds amount for both of my eyelids. My eyemakeup stays put the rest of the day and I don't have to worry about creasing.

I love this consumer-conscious company that uses safer ingredients in their cosmetics-- Toofaced is an A+++ in my book.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this for a couple of months and I am so in love with it. I used UDPP from the time that it was launched in the hard-sided purple "genie" tube with the doe foot, and I thought it was the gold standard. After a while I tried other, less expensive options that worked about as well as UDPP, so I thought that all eyeshadow primers were about the same. During the recent Sephora VIB sale I decided that I wanted to buy UDPP again to see if the new packaging made any difference, but it turns out that for some reason (probably due to the way air can build up in the tube), Sephora only ships it ground since it is considered hazmat. Not wanting to wait longer for my package, I decided to try TFSI instead. There are a few TF products that I like, but generally their brand doesn't appeal to me very much, which is why I have stayed away from their eyeshadow primer. I am glad that I didn't let my bias sway me from trying this product though, because it is definitely a holy grail now. I have hooded and somewhat deep set eyes, so I definitely need a primer to prevent shadows from creasing. TFSI really does wear like iron, and it gives a little extra oomph to matte shades as well. The packaging is simple and effective, and for the price I definitely think it is worth it. It performs much better than the lower end primers I was using, and it outperforms UDPP for me as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This primer is just okay. I mean, it works as a primer, no bones about it. It keeps your eyeshadows on and they won't crease. But it's just so hard to blend shadows over this because it stays so tacky forever. Also, sometimes it can kinda explode when you try to get it out of the tube, because it separates in the tube into an oily substance and a pasty substance. And I have never had a full blown reaction from this, but it does make my eyelids tingle and feel itchy whenever I apply it, which is probably not normal, so those with sensitive skin should beware. I think for what it is, it costs too much. The Elf eyeshadow primer works just as well, and isn't it only a dollar? Maybe two dollars? It's easier to blend onto the Elf one too.

This is actually the worst eyeshadow primer I've ever used, which I'm surprised about. It certainly helps prevent creasing for some time, but I've used other primers that were half the price and lasted twice as long. When I use this with Tarte eyeshadow, it'll crease in just under seven hours. If I use it with Elizabeth Arden, it'll crease in three. It doesn't do anything to enhance pigmentation, so I don't see the point in this because it adds nothing of value that a cheaper primer can't already do better.

My eyelids aren't particularly oily. Eyeshadows do crease on me often but mascara never smudges, not even the infamously smudgy ones like Better Than Sex.

Whats more, I have reason to believe this primer led to my eye area drying out noticeably and leading to me developing (temporary) deep wrinkles. I'm 25 with combination/dehydrated skin and I often have eczema, but no wrinkles anywhere. My left undereye area turned a dark grey and started peeling and looking scabby and noticeably flakey. I developed two very deep lines in my inner corner. I started moisturising with Aveeno Oatmeal eczema cream and rosehip oil to fix it which worked temporarily, but it kept coming back. I assumed it was due to my bad hayfever but then I read a comment on Reddit about someone else having their eyelids dry out from this primer and it occured to me that I'd never had this issue until I'd started using Shadow Insurance for a few months. I then ordered Urban Decay Primer Potion which I've been using for a fortnight now, and my eye area has healed completely even though my hayfever has since gotten worse (it's pollen season) and I'm now using a weaker moisturiser.

The only thing I like about this product is the squeeze tube packaging. Other than that, it does nothing to aid eyeshadow pigmentation, vastly underperforms in wear time compared to cheap primers and made me look fifteen years older.

For reference, the other primers I've tried are Australis, Etude House, Smashbox and UDPP. I hate to jump on the UDPP bandwagon because I dislike the company's morals, but it really was the best out of the lot in terms of lasting power and enhanced colour. The only thing I dislike about UDPP is that it bunches up badly in my inner crease so I have to use a tiny amount compared to the rest of my lid.

on 11/14/2017 10:23:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora and have used it for several days. It has really outperformed my UDPP. Unfortunately I won't be buying it because I found that Too Faced has a parent company which tests on animals. I guess I will try the Milani or Wet and Wild ones which have great reviews and those companies don't test on animals.

on 10/23/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to find a new eye shadow primer after my HG (Tarte 360 creasless) was D/Ced. (Mini Rant: Why? Just Why??) Anyway, i have aging eyes with droopy eyelids and I like to use a primer for both my eyelids and under my eyes for my concealer. I have sensitive skin, especially around my eyes, so i cannot use many of the top selling primers (UD or Mac are out for me) and i have to be careful with new products around my eyes. I purchased this Too Faced shadow primer from Ulta for $20. I like the packaging and that the nozzle of the tube is very small so you can squeeze out just a small drop. It is a tan cream color but once smoothed on the lid it becomes transparent (at least on me and I have deep/tan skin tone.). My eyelids are not overly dry or oily, but they are wrinkly. I use this primer both on my eyelid and under my eyes. It feels a bit tacky but it does a very good job of holding my shadow in place. Love how it smooths out my under eye area. My concealer goes on smoothly and it keeps it in place all day. I have had so skin reaction of any kind to this product. I think i have found my new HD eye shadow primer. This works very well for me and i would recommend it.