Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best eyeshadow primer i have ever tried and I've tried many different shadow primers. This really does last 24hrs I have gone to work partied and then home and my eyeshadow is still in tact! I have oily skin so an eyeshadow primer is a must. I recently tried something different and it didn't work at all it made me realize this is the best product.

I think overall this is a pretty nice eyeshadow primer. I used to only use urban decays pp, but this was on sale so I decided to give it a try. The formula is much smoother and less sticky compared to urban decay. It does help with both eyeshadow application and seems to make it last longer. A little tiny bit goes a long way which is also nice. I think overall it is very similar to primer potion. I'd like to point out that my eyelids are not very oily so a primer isn't always necessary for me but this product still does help with wear and a smoother application.

on 9/11/2017 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Great primer, worked my super oily lids. But I don't think I'll repurchase. It is a tad too expensive for me to justify, as there are many cheaper options that perform just as well or nearly as well. It also tends to separate so I would recommend giving it a good shake before squeezing it out.

I prefer this to UD Primer Potion mainly because it doesn't have an applicator. I like that I can put this on with my finger, which is much easier to me than playing around with the stupid tip of PP. However, in terms of doing its job, it is not perfect and is similar in quality to PP. It makes colours and sparkle look stronger but shadow still creases within 3 hours. Good for balancing colours on the lid though and making everything smooth.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this religiously until I realized it just wasn't working well anymore. I found Wet N Wild primer, which dries faster, has sturdier packaging, doesn't separate like this one, holds pigment better, does not crease at all and costs under $10.
Unfortunately, Shadow Insurance didn't play nice with some concealers and had oil breakthrough resulting in creases.
If you're disappointed, try Wet N Wild instead!

on 5/8/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not sure it really does anything. It is quite difficult to handle as it separates so I am very careful squeezing it out. I use it because I feel I should not because it makes a noticeable positive difference. It is an extra in a make up kit.

I'm glad I got a deluxe sample because I would regret buying it. For some reason it just doesn't work for me. Even though I use tiny amount it creases, makes my base products I used around eyes (foundation, concealer) smudge and separate. Sure, makes eyeshadow look more vibrant but makes blending it harder- the texture is a weird mix between sticky and powdery. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't contain beeswax I'm allergic to (unlike UDPP), but I prefer my Zoeva Eyeshadow Fix all the way.

on 2/17/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This primer works well, but it is nothing special. I get the same results from both Milani and ELF so personally don't see the point in spending out the extra cash for this.

Awesome! Expensive, but worth it... teamed with a Mac pain point, it's unstoppable!

I also use t under my eye to stop creasing of my foundation / concealer - not sure if it's necessarily meant for that or not, but it works a treat. Hourglass powder on top and it's pretty magic

This is my daily eyeshadow primer. I used to use the urban decay Primer potion but unfortunately I've had allergic reactions to their formula. The too faced Primer does a great job of keeping my eyeshadow on throughout the day without any smudges or issues. I have tried others, but nothing else compares to this. My more detailed review video is below.