Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 11/29/2016 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Didn't work on me at all. This primer was a disaster for my oily eyelids. My eyeshadow was a creasy mess within a few hours.

on 9/14/2016 11:54:00 AM

I recieved a delux sample of the reformulated 24 hour shadow insurance eye shadow primer. I could use the old formula no problem. So I thought I could use this with no issues. Well it is similar in texture and look to UD's primer except this primer dried my eyelids so bad! It also gave me a rash on my eyelids that is so itchy! I only used it 2 days in a row then had to stop because the rash was just getting worse. So, I knew this primer sadly was the culprit. I have never had a reaction to an eye primer ever and I use all different kinds. My favorite being the wet and wild.

But this primer I would say is very drying on my really oily lids that's why I was amazed that this made my lids dry. But if you have skin sensitivities just be careful with this primer. I never break out or get rashes from primers but this is an exception. The product itself works and if you don't have irritation you're golden. But if you have sensitive eyes just be aware an allergy could happen. If it didn't give me the rash I would of rated it 5 lippies because it worked.

To Read all 1661 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/14/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start by saying that most eyeshadows tend to hold well on my lids. Where this little gem comes into play is when I am using shadows that have more powdery formulations - you know, the ones that have huge payoff and you only have them because there is no other brand with that colour you want - or when there is a lot of glitter/shimmer in a shadow that remains on the brush while the base colour sits nicely to the lid.

I like that this primer is tinted nude and disappears completely with no residual cast of white or opacity. I have semi fair olive skin but my lids are a tad darker, to the point that people compliment my eyeshadow colour when I'm not even wearing eyeshadow. Because of this, a lot of other primers change the base colour of my lids and this affects the shadow I put on afterwards. Annoying. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance is absolutely invisible. It glides on super easily and quickly that you'd be daft to use anything other than your finger, otherwise you'll waste way too much product AND a little ages a long way.

The consistency is like a slightly oily, siliconey butter. Some people talk about it separating but this is only an issue of you don't use it often. I've not had that problem too many times and if I have, just squeeze out a bit more and work it a bit on the back of your hand first.

The smell is so so. No great but I've smelt worse. It kind reminds me of craft at kindergarten. That kind of smell. Tolerable. The packaging is great and super hygienic, especially for a product that you're using on your eyes, and no leakage. I'm not keen on those doe tip applicator ones or even the pots where you have to rub your finger in it a few time to get any product out and then rub on your lids and irritate your eyes - too unhygienic and fussy in my opinion.

Price wise, it's fairly average in my opinion. $29 AUD for 11g is pretty good, especially when you consider how little needs to be used.

Again, I use this for shadows that I need extra help with ensuring they adhere well to my eye to show off the effect I like when I see it in the shadow pan/pot. I have so many shadows, as I mentioned above, where the glitter never manages to stay on the lid, or the powder itself is way too powdery and you end up wasting a lot of product.

Not too sure how darker skinned folks out there go with the colour match but I'd still suggest you try it because it might still disappear just the same. a better option than some of those horrible white ones out there that always leave a cast no matter what the sales reps make you think.

There are so many reviews on this product, I'm not too sure i'm adding anything further with this review but I hope it helps. xx

on 9/9/2016 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a travel size (5g / 0.17oz) of this, and when I first squeezed it out and felt the consistency I immediately thought this wouldn't work for me. My eyelids are very oily, and without a primer no eyeshadows stays put for more than an hour. The primer feels pretty slippery and oily, and I'm used to a primer than has more of a "cream to powder" feel to it. But set with a loose powder, this primer performs beautifully all through the day. I like to pat it in with my fingers, but you could probably use a brush or even a sponge to blend it too if you prefer it.

+ Cruelty free
+ Does what it's supposed to do
+ Very light weight on the skin
+ Cute packaging
+ No parabens or sulfates

- Mine has separated slightly, so sometimes I have to squeeze out liquid before I get to the product. It might be a problem with eye primers overall, because my drugstore eye primer of choice does that too, but it's more annoying in a high end product than in a drugstore product
- I guess some would say that the price is a drawback, but I was actually pleasantly surprised by the price. I've bought my go to drugstore primer (Lumene Beauty Eyeshadow Base) which is 5g for 119SEK, and the full size Shadow Insurance of 10g is 160SEK in Sephora Sweden! Perhaps that says more about the crazy prices on drugstore makeup in Sweden, but I'm not too bothered about the price of this product either way.

I can definitely see myself repurchasing this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received a sample-size version of this and, to be honest, I've never been a huge believer in shadow primers. My skin doesn't get oily and I find my eyeshadow pretty much stays put, BUT my biggest pet peeve is "fall out" from my eyeshadow onto my face and I feel like this helps prevent that from happening.
I think there are certain beauty products that are more useful for what they prevent rather than how they look or what they do, and it's really hard to judge them because of that. Personally I don't like spending Sephora prices on something that sits invisibly on my face, but I feel that this has helped simplify my makeup routine and helped me keep shadow on my eyelids where it belongs.
I will give this 5 lippies because I believe it does what it says it will, and I would certainly consider repurchasing, but for something rather-- I don't want to say boring, but yeah, boring, like eyeshadow primer, I'd rather find a drugstore alternative. Still, this is a good product.

on 8/13/2016 12:43:00 PM

I feel like it's a good primer but there are better ones from the drugstore!

on 8/9/2016 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have to start off by saying this eye primer has the worst smell of any cosmetic product I have ever bought. I just put some on my finger to take a photo of the consistency, and I'm literally cringing from the odor.

When I first used this product all this primer juice came out first (think that first squeeze of the mustard bottle) and I knew I was probably in for a bad time. The consistency is super thin and almost runny, it dried and creased by itself even before I started to work it into my eyelid. Worst of all it burned like hell (but I'm just going to give the product the benefit of the doubt because I've never experienced this before and perhaps I had sensitive eyelids each time I put the product on.)

If you're going to use this primer you have to literally go all over your eye and beyond because if you apply eye shadow outside of where you applied the primer you're going to have heavy eye shadow deposit on the perimeter.

I hate being harsh because I love Too Faced cosmetics overall, but this was defs a miss for me.

on 7/9/2016 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for shine control on my T zone for the summer Georgia heat! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation with it. This combo keeps my skin almost completely shine free for 8 hours. Def for about 6 hrs without making my makeup slide off at all. Ones I didn't like are: Benefit, ELF, Maybelline, L'Oreal and Smashbox. I prefer a non-silicon feel primer. My 2nd favorite is Fergie eye primer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a deluxe sized sample of this product & its lasted me a year! I alternate between this & one other eyeshadow primer. This stuff works well on my normal eyelids. Slightly neutralizes veins/discoloration on my lids & makes my eyeliner last longer. It also makes my eyeshadow apply more smoothly & look more vibrant than if I wasn't using a primer.

However, when I run out I won't purchase a full size. The price in my opinion is too high, especially when my other eyeshadow primer (which I got at the drugstore) works just as well or possibly even better than this one. Also I'm not sure if I could even get through a full sized tube before it'd be time to toss it.

Too Faced is a cruelty-free brand so that pulled me into it. The price is of course as any branded goods go, so I had high expectations of it. I was very impressed by the formula, and it really did help with my eyeliner smudging! My eyelids used to be quite oily, and this helped with any eyelid product. My skin routine has since changed, and for some reason my eyelids aren't producing as much oil. Even my gel liner stays put. I would recommend this to anyone with oily eye area!

However, the product dries up very fast. I'm not even done with the tube and it is so dry that it hurts my fingers just to squeeeze the hard product out. (I then mix with a bit of liquid foundation as a fix)