Now-100% Vegetable Glycerine

4.6

Vegetable glycerin

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

We my skin is prone to dehydration. Can get a very oily short T (forehead, inner cheeks and nose). I have sensitive skin and I am using a drying acne treatment started at the beginning of winter. Hyaluronic Acid and its derivatives irritate my skin, so I have to rely on glycerine as my main source of humectant. I love me a bit of aloe, panthenol, silk amino acids et al, but glycerine seems to be a go to according to the large brands possibly because it is cheaper and less likely to cause sensitivities.

So I use this stuff so many ways but I am sure there are more. I started by adding a teaspoon to the amount of shampoo and conditioner I would use in one session. Really helped my dry afro hair in London with the high chlorine and hard water. I would add to treatments as a hydration boost as well. I have done this for years. Only last year did I think to use it on my dehydrated skin.

I buy the stuff in 500ml bottles and they are basic, I tranfered to a small 50ml squeezy bottle - like the eye drop type - and that enabled me to control how much I was using at a time. I use 1 drop mixed with my aloe vera gel as my first step at night, I mix 2 - 3 drops in my DIY rinse off face mask I also use most nights. I will add 2 -3 drops into my palm of body lotion to increase its hydration power. It has been great over these last few months.

Only 4 lipsticks because too much glycerine and my face is soooo shiny!! Oh my. So I do not use this in the daytime. Also this is not a stand alone product, humectants require an occlusive to keep the water you added with it against your skin or it can just suck water out of your face and let the air take it. Not good. So a lovely rich cream, vaseline, aquphor, a rich oil... that sort of thing. I knew this going in as I had used it on my hair..... but now it has excelled itself in its versatility of use. All hail the veggie glycerine . (unless ofcourse your skin hates it ....)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my main moisturiser for the past 6 weeks now and waited this long to write a review because sometimes skincare backfires and clogs me after a while. This however has worked amazingly well for my incredibly finicky, sensitive acne prone skin. I usually mix about 1 drop of glycerin with 4 or so drops of water in my palm (more glycerin if my skin is dryer and more water if oilier) and apply to clean skin. It feels like nothing going on but keeps my dehydration at bay and at night I top extra dry areas with aquaphor to seal in the moisture. Just to note, I have also used glycerin from the drugstore unsuccessfully in the past (it broke me out) so for me at least different brands affect my skin in different ways.
UPDATE: Sadly I feel that this does clog me over time, it just took longer than normal but in the end it did cause closed comedones.

i use this to combat the strong heat at night....only one drop added onto my usual moisturizer and the outcome is crazzzyyy.......my skin feels baby smooth and plump....and the effect is still there for the next two days.....i only add it at night because it does feel a bit tacky to have under makeup...but ever since i started using it at night.....my make up during the day looks so poreless without me changing any products or how i use them.......plus it's only 7 99 a small bottle and i really only need one drop each time or else it's too much..!! Highly recommended.!!
UPDATE: I noticed when i use this more than two nights then my face will start to get irritated with random itchy bumps here and there......i stopped using it all together and my skin is fine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if I'm using this the wrong way.. that's why I give it 2 stars rather than 1...
I read so many reviews on here and did research on how to use this product on the face.. but unfortunately even if I mix it with water and in different ratios it does nothing to further improve my dehydrated skin or moisturize it.

I'm 47, and have been very oily my whole life. I suddenly started getting dry patches on my cheeks..I decided to toss any cleansers, toners, face washes etc that contained denat alcohol, or any alcohol at all. The last 6 months I use oils to remove makeup and cleanse, I use a homemade toner of water mixed with apple cider vinegar, and I moisturize with glycerin and a few drops of water 3-4 nights a week, and on the other nights I moisturize with either argan or almond oil, and a spray of Heritage rosewater. I'm lucky that at 47 I don't have wrinkles, just had the start of dry skin with age, that seemed to increase until I stopped using any creams or cleansers that contained alcohol. This routine has made my skin flawless. I use the NOW brand glycerin, but also bought a cheaper vegetable glycerin @RiteAid for under $5. I also use vegetable glycerin as a makeup primer=flawless foundation, a definite must try!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this in my homemade foaming hand soap. (Regular hand soap plus roughly double the amount of water plus about a teaspoon of glycerine into a foaming bottle). It makes the soap come out smoother and fluffier, and stops the pump from clogging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am following an Asian skincare routine, which means it is lengthy with lots of products. But I wanted to cut some steps out while also making sure that I get maximum benefits from my products. I found that even with all the steps and products, my skin is still not as smooth and hydrated as I wanted it to be.

I decided to experiment with a DIY face mask. I read that I can mix glycerine with my choice of oils, lotions, toners or essences to make my own face cocktail. So I took a bit of glycerine and mixed it with Hada Labo and Etude House essence sample (that I didn't really wanted because it was fragrant) and dunked a dry sheet mask. I put it on my face and covered it with a Daiso silicone mask. After 15 minutes, I removed it, wiped the excess on my neck then applied 2 drops of rosehip oil.

I woke up in the middle of the night and my hand immediately touched my nose (I do that when I experiment with new products because some Korean products makes my T-zone very, very oily). Wow, no oil slick. Then I touched my cheeks and they were smooth and bouncy. :-O How is this even possible?!

Now, even after I washed off my night products from my face, my skin is still quite smooth. I like the bouncy feeling too. I will try this glycerine mask again tonight, but with different products. The possibilities are endless: rosewater, Hada Labo, Scinic Honey/Snail AIO ampoule, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, Shiseido Aqualabel...I am a huge fan!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IF YOU WANT REDUCED WRINKLES,AND PLUMPER SKIN READ ON.I USE 6 DROPS OF VEGETABLE GLYCERIN,7 DROPS OF ROSEHIP OIL,2 DROPS OF EMU OIL,APPLY 20 MINUTES WIPE OFF,THEN APPLY 1/2 tsp.ALOE VERA GEL AND 4 DROPS VEGETABLE GLYCERIN LEAVE ON 20 MINUTES WIPE OFF WITH WET COTTON ROUNDS,THEN APPLY 2 DROPS EMU OIL,WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOUR SKIN WILL BE PLUMP AND HEALTHY,AND MOISTURIZED.IT DOES KIND OF MAKE PORES ON YOUR FACE SHOW UP.WHATEVER YOU DO THOUGH NEVER PUT ALCOHOL ANYWHERE ON YOUR FACE YOU GOT GLYCERIN IT WILL SOAK INTO YOUR FACE AND MAKE YOU ILL.

Best sexual lubicant for the $.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

My oily skin is NOT a fan of glycerin at all. I break out terribly and get super oily.