Now-100% Vegetable Glycerine

4.7

Vegetable glycerin

i use this to combat the strong heat at night....only one drop added onto my usual moisturizer and the outcome is crazzzyyy.......my skin feels baby smooth and plump....and the effect is still there for the next two days.....i only add it at night because it does feel a bit tacky to have under makeup...but ever since i started using it at night.....my make up during the day looks so poreless without me changing any products or how i use them.......plus it's only 7 99 a small bottle and i really only need one drop each time or else it's too much..!! Highly recommended.!!
UPDATE: I noticed when i use this more than two nights then my face will start to get irritated with random itchy bumps here and there......i stopped using it all together and my skin is fine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if I'm using this the wrong way.. that's why I give it 2 stars rather than 1...
I read so many reviews on here and did research on how to use this product on the face.. but unfortunately even if I mix it with water and in different ratios it does nothing to further improve my dehydrated skin or moisturize it.

I'm 47, and have been very oily my whole life. I suddenly started getting dry patches on my cheeks..I decided to toss any cleansers, toners, face washes etc that contained denat alcohol, or any alcohol at all. The last 6 months I use oils to remove makeup and cleanse, I use a homemade toner of water mixed with apple cider vinegar, and I moisturize with glycerin and a few drops of water 3-4 nights a week, and on the other nights I moisturize with either argan or almond oil, and a spray of Heritage rosewater. I'm lucky that at 47 I don't have wrinkles, just had the start of dry skin with age, that seemed to increase until I stopped using any creams or cleansers that contained alcohol. This routine has made my skin flawless. I use the NOW brand glycerin, but also bought a cheaper vegetable glycerin @RiteAid for under $5. I also use vegetable glycerin as a makeup primer=flawless foundation, a definite must try!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this in my homemade foaming hand soap. (Regular hand soap plus roughly double the amount of water plus about a teaspoon of glycerine into a foaming bottle). It makes the soap come out smoother and fluffier, and stops the pump from clogging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am following an Asian skincare routine, which means it is lengthy with lots of products. But I wanted to cut some steps out while also making sure that I get maximum benefits from my products. I found that even with all the steps and products, my skin is still not as smooth and hydrated as I wanted it to be.

I decided to experiment with a DIY face mask. I read that I can mix glycerine with my choice of oils, lotions, toners or essences to make my own face cocktail. So I took a bit of glycerine and mixed it with Hada Labo and Etude House essence sample (that I didn't really wanted because it was fragrant) and dunked a dry sheet mask. I put it on my face and covered it with a Daiso silicone mask. After 15 minutes, I removed it, wiped the excess on my neck then applied 2 drops of rosehip oil.

I woke up in the middle of the night and my hand immediately touched my nose (I do that when I experiment with new products because some Korean products makes my T-zone very, very oily). Wow, no oil slick. Then I touched my cheeks and they were smooth and bouncy. :-O How is this even possible?!

Now, even after I washed off my night products from my face, my skin is still quite smooth. I like the bouncy feeling too. I will try this glycerine mask again tonight, but with different products. The possibilities are endless: rosewater, Hada Labo, Scinic Honey/Snail AIO ampoule, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, Shiseido Aqualabel...I am a huge fan!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IF YOU WANT REDUCED WRINKLES,AND PLUMPER SKIN READ ON.I USE 6 DROPS OF VEGETABLE GLYCERIN,7 DROPS OF ROSEHIP OIL,2 DROPS OF EMU OIL,APPLY 20 MINUTES WIPE OFF,THEN APPLY 1/2 tsp.ALOE VERA GEL AND 4 DROPS VEGETABLE GLYCERIN LEAVE ON 20 MINUTES WIPE OFF WITH WET COTTON ROUNDS,THEN APPLY 2 DROPS EMU OIL,WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOUR SKIN WILL BE PLUMP AND HEALTHY,AND MOISTURIZED.IT DOES KIND OF MAKE PORES ON YOUR FACE SHOW UP.WHATEVER YOU DO THOUGH NEVER PUT ALCOHOL ANYWHERE ON YOUR FACE YOU GOT GLYCERIN IT WILL SOAK INTO YOUR FACE AND MAKE YOU ILL.

Best sexual lubicant for the $.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

My oily skin is NOT a fan of glycerin at all. I break out terribly and get super oily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best face moisturizer ever. I mix it with lavender essential oil for a soothing property and it works fantastic ! Face has never looked better :)

girly2222 I think you had an allergic reaction - you have common symptoms of a severe allergic reaction.

Nothing can make your skin absorb "everything" else - In order to help keep water in the skin, moisturisers contain substances called humectants. These are substances that are capable of attracting water and help to conserve the water in the skin. One of the oldest and best examples is glycerin, sometimes called glycerol. Mainly because of its excellent safety record.

The skin around the eye is a completely different thing.

If you are allergic everything could potentially be dangerous. You should definently report your experiences to the company, but you should also go see a doctor yourself and get tested - you could potentially get harmed from other products as well at some point - and I don't think its fair to rate a product you are allergic too.

I don't go raving about how bad tomato's are because they make MY throat swell and make me throw up, because I know its only people who are allergic that have this reaction - so my review would be pointless to most people and could potentially scare away people who could benefit from tomatoes.

If you are reading this and feel fright/deterred, do a patch test and see how it feels before you cover yourself in it.