MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

on 4/26/2018 2:06:00 PM

This foundation is WONDERFUL. I searched for a foundation I liked for almost a year and could never find anything I was looking for. I am not interested in looking like I'm wearing foundation, I like it to look like my skin. I wanted it to blur blemishes and even my skin tone. I wanted something that did not cling to dry patches, let my skin breathe and didn't cover my face in oil. I got everything from this foundation. I have FINALLY found my holy grail. I have dry skin but my t-zone (specifically my forehead) tends to get very shiny. This make up has a dewy finish and I ALWAYS use a setting powder and setting spray. I use mineral veil from bare minerals as the powder and it prevents my face from getting shiny. After, I use the MAC prep + prime setting spray. It sets the make up, for real it lasts all day with maybe some minor touch ups, and it also hydrates my skin without getting shiny. I say this foundation goes either way for dry skin - oily skin as long as you set it and want to look great without looking like your wearing anything! Also! A little more about the product, it has a watery consistency so I apply with my fingers, after massaging it into the skin and spreading it, it will start to get thick and "sticky" but still smooth. I've had this bottle approx. 3 months and I'ts still not empty!

EDIT!!!!!!!!! UGH This foundation unfortunately caused me to break out. At first it really wasn't so bad and I was just going to say screw it and let it happen but it is not surprisingly getting much worse. SAD DAY FOR ME. Still giving it a 4 for those who it will not cause break outs

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.

Looove it! It is definitely for those good skin days. I find it applies best with fingers. The feeling while applying is a bit funky cause it gets kinda tacky while you work it in. You can build it a tiny bit, but don’t expect it to cover acne scars or pigmentation. It looks like skin and doesn’t transfer. Great product!

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

I wanted soooo bad to love this product..the texture...the coverage...everything I was looking for. Even the fact that it is water proof and long wearing was what I was looking for. I have combination skin where it gets dehydrated daily and oily as the day continues. I got this thinking it would prevent my skin from getting dehydrated and as long as I used a good setting powder, then it would be a perfect match. Well, it looked great on my skin...even with my old acne scars and texture...but...after wearing it to work 1 day...I double cleansed my face and HOLY SHIT WHAT IN THE HECK?!!! I got cystic acne spots all over my face!!! I haven't had cystic acne in almost a year!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! One on my upper lip, another on my forevhead, one on my chin, and 2 forming on my cheek...Jesus lawd!!! NO!!! I about threw that devil liquid through the wall! The mistake I made was not doing my research 1st. I usually always go to CosDNA.com and look up the foundations of interest and as long as they score 4 or below on the acne causing ingredients, then I can wear this foundation...this foundation had a high score of 11...11!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH never again...back to my search for finding a truly hydrating foundation that wont break me out :(

UPDATE: I think the cystic acne causing ingredient is: Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate

go to cosDNA.com and if check your foundation to see if it has that ingredient if youre struggling with cystic acne flair ups when u try new foundations.

on 12/12/2017 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this product for a while now and I absolutely love it. I know this foundation is extremely popular with makeup artists and I can see why. I have the shade C2 which is quite yellow but it warms my complexion up yet still matches. I am NC20 for reference so think the shade C1 would be an exact match. This foundation provides light and buildable coverage and actually looks better as the day goes on. It stays on and most importantly does not break me out whatsoever. I have normal skin which can be dehydrated and also a bit sensitive. I would say that this foundation is probably better suited to normal/dry skin as it is quite dewy. I apply powder in my t-zone when using this but my skin isn't oily. The finish it gives is like my skin but better. It basically is second skin in a bottle (for me anyway). I honestly cannot recommend this enough for those who are looking for light-medium coverage however I definitely think it is better suited for normal skin types as it can leave a bit of a shine.

on 12/8/2017 3:47:00 PM

After a long search for a foundation for dry skin I ended at this one. This foundation is perfect if you have a normal to dry skin without a lot of imperfections. Then it will create a beautiful coverage. When I first used it on my combo/dry skin I was of course not amazed by the coverage because there is very little of it. Because I find my MAC Studio Fix (in NC15) too sticky and heavy wearing, but do love its cover abilities, I thought I would mix them! And boy, now this was something I had been looking for in a foundation. I use the F&B in C1 and it matches perfectly with SF NC15. You get this beautiful, medium but buildable coverage without the heavy feel. I only use some under-eye concealer with that. When I apply my makeup, I use a LED mirror, and if you’re familiar with them you know you see every pore and line and even in that light this mixture looks amazing. When you’re done makeupping, just lightly pat some powder everywhere you want because it will still be a be dewy. I do have to say that this will not last very long, I’d say with me like 4-5 hours.

Within a minute of my putting this on, my skin felt very hot and felt like I was wearing a mask, even though I put on the most sheer application. Within 15 minutes my eyes stung so bad I had to wash this off. I must be allergic to the orange oil. I was hoping it would work because it's so difficult to find a foundation without fragrance. I wore MUFE F&B for the longest time but they changed my color so I'm on the search for another. This is not it.

just an average foundation to me, didn't find it to have much coverage but it was good when my skin was having an extra dry day, loved the little bottle and mac has a great range of shades for different skin tones, overall for the price I wouldn't buy again