Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used Skintimate for years---usually the tangerine, raspberry, or chamomile scents, and they always worked perfectly well: few to no nicks and cuts, nice smoothy smooth legs that smelled great.

However, I just recently discovered that Vo5 or Suave conditioners, the really cheapie ones, make AMAZING shaving cream, for a fraction of the cost. So sorry Skintimate---you've been replaced!

today was my first time ever purchasing a shaving gel/creams/etc. type product & to be honest, i always thought soap was just as effective. but as i passed down the aisle in target, i decided to give it a whirl. i mean, i never gave it a second thought but i noticed it wasn't as much as i thought it would be ($5) & was under $2. so i bought it & that night, i tested it out.

in the shower, when i first dispensed the shaving gel onto my hand, i wasn't sure how much i needed so i started out with a nickel sized portion. when i slathered it onto my legs, i realized it was very thin and didn't have much coverage and it was also dripping down my leg. i cannot lie, at this stage, i was extremely disappointed.

so i shaved the first leg and then started onto my second one. this time, i put a much bigger portion onto my hand (the size of two quarters, although it was by accident) & i feel as if it was too much this time. i slathered this onto my other leg and it lathered very nicely and this time, i found it very moisturizing and it was a much easier (and closer) shave.

overall, i find this to be a product that i will most likely buy in the future. the scent is extremely appealing (raspberry rain) and with the correct amount, i believe that it will be a perfect shave every time. (:

on 6/28/2008 8:48:00 PM

Smells great. Works great. Love it. :)

i had been using this for a while and i was noticing i was getting a lot of of bumps and scrapes and cuts...
i went to albertsons to get more shaving cream and i just grabbed the first one that i saw and it was albertsons knock off brand "equaline" this is the BEST shaving lotion i have EVER used. no scrapes bumps, and has given me the closest shave.

on 2/1/2008 3:38:00 PM

I've been using Skintimate for Sensitive Skin for years, but I got the baby oil kind to try something new, and I went right back to the sensitive skin type. The baby oil irritated my skin (even though the smell was nice). The sensitive kind is the best for me -- no smell, no irritation, and it soothes my skin after shaving. It's a keeper!

on 1/16/2008 1:58:00 AM

I love skintimate (of course i don't think i've ever tried anything else). It works great for me! No razor burn and no cuts (this is coming from someone who changes razor blades about as often as she changes hairdressers... and i must say i'm very loyal to my hair stylist! haha) and also each can seems to last me a while... or maybe i just think that because it's winter & i wear jeans everyday?

on 10/6/2007 3:07:00 AM

This did not prevent me from nicks or razor burns! And it smells gross! No matter what scent I buy, they all have that same Skintimate scent.. which isn't a good thing. Bought it because of its low price, but will not be buying again.

on 8/15/2007 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After buying this off and on for many years, I finally decided to switch to regular bar soap for shaving. The Skintinate gel does not provide enough lubrication to protect the skin against cuts while shaving. This is just a thin layer of foam with some fragarance thrown in. By the way, I never liked any of the Skintimate scents, which are either too sweet or too fruity. Since I've made the switch to regular soap, my skin is softer and better protected when shaving. Hair conditioner works good too! This is one product you can eliminate from your bathing routine.

This brand really seems to be hit or miss with people, but it totally works well for me. This has several different oils in it, including olive oil. So, as for shaving the trick is soak your skin at LEAST two minutes to soften the skin, and the hair. This way you are not likely to get razor burn.

Anyways, the selection of scents they have are decent. Mostly it's tropical or fruit scents, which is nice to smell while bathing. It has a rich lather, and moisturizes my skin well for a close smooth shave. I plan on buying this in the future, highly recommended.

on 10/27/2006 9:55:00 AM

I love it when I find a whole new category of things to review - shaving products! So I've been using this stuff for years, usually in the sensitive skin formula. I don't pay much attention to the different "flavors." It has worked just fine. I use a small amount and it just turns right into a rich foam. I still use moisturizer after, but my legs get so dry, I can't expect a shave gel to do it all. It definitely keeps me from having razor burn, because when I shave with just soap or something cheap, my legs feel scraped up. I think Aveeno shave gel is better, but Skintimate is good enough for most of the time.

Top Rated Hair Removal