Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I quite like this for spraying on before my BB cream (or foundation but it's usually just BB cream) and powder on my t zone and then after I'm completely done with my makeup, I know this product isn't exactly a setting spray but for some reason it works for me to keep any makeup and powder from looking disgusting and cakey. I have well behaved combo skin. It works better than any other primer or setting spray have ever tried for this purpose. It's my anti cakeface spray.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for a month now, and it's not the greatest product ever, but it's good. I recently stopped using it because there was some controversy surrounding them not listing dangerous ingredients in their products. So for now, I've stopped using this product. The spray itself is good, but it's not anything life-changing. It's not the cheapest product, as the large size is $12. I don't know if anyone would really want to pay $12 for something as simple as this, but each one to their own. Overall, I wouldn't buy this again cause I can live without it and my skin would be just fine.

on 2/26/2018 7:29:00 AM

I bought this because of how everyone was raging about how good it is and also, I needed a toner. I used this as a toner and initially I thought it was working wonders on my skin but that, in fact was just excitement from using something that basically everyone said was good. But a few months after using this, I realised that it did absolutely nothing to my skin. Not even hydrate it the tiniest bit. So I changed to pure rose water instead and it’s 100000x better than this. And, it’s also way cheaper. I really wanted to love this butttt im afraid there’s really nothing special about it. I also tried spraying it on my hair and all it did was dry my hair out. I guess i’ll just give it to someone else.

on 2/22/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I picked up the smallest bottle on a whim at Ulta. The great rose scent, limited ingredients list, and reasonable price drew me in. I use it as a toner between skincare layers. I'm nearing the end of my bottle and will probably repurchase at some point in the future--I like to alternate between store bought toners and straight-up rose water and other hydrosols.

on 2/14/2018 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not really sure what this product is supposed to do, but it definitely doesn't leave my skin feeling hydrated, quite the opposite; my skin started flaking off. I also started getting tiny little zits on my t-zone, so probably best I discontinue using it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I don't understand the reviewers who state this didn't work for them as a makeup setting spray. It's not a makeup setting spray. It is more like a spray on toner in a skincare routine. I have loved and used this spray for years, and it is still a workhorse in my skincare regimen. And this spray is much more affordable over most brands that offer a spray type skincare item. I buy multiples every time Ulta runs a sale on MB products. My daughter just recently purchased the newer Lavender one and loves it. For me its a very pleasant step in a rather boring but necessary personal step in taking care of ones self. I also in the last couple of months tried one from Amazon by Heritage that was mentioned by one youtuber that she uses. While its affordable, I still prefer the MB one. Please just give this one a try.

I've been using this for a while, I bought it mostly for all the hyper around Mario's products, and because I found my face needed a bit of a refresher mid way through my long work days. To be honest, it does not live up the the hype imo.

While it feels very nice after first spritzing your face with it, within about 10 minutes or so I find my face dying for moisture, it feels so dry (this is when spritzing it onto my face mid-day with makeup one/SPF, etc).

When I used this after cleansing my face before applying the rest of my skincare, it's better, but I still find my face feels tight and dry after a few hours or so.

After reading the ingredients on this, I realized it's probably due to the fact that this contains alcohol. I just have to accept that any product containing alcohol is no good for my face. So I've taken to using the remaining product on my body before my moisturizers.

I won't be repurchasing this, in fact I may just go back to DIY-ing my own again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I currently rotate between five different facial sprays, this one is a regular but it's not my favorite. In terms of store bought sprays, it's good, it does refresh my skin, it has a nice atomizer and it's very affordable. I use around 2 ounces of various sprays a month so quite a bit of it. I make my own spray with rose water and frankincense oil that I also like, but this is an okay alternative. In the summer, I put this or my homemade one in the fridge to make it extra refreshing. It's great all over your body on a hot day.

The cucumber version is slightly nicer to me, but that's only because roses taste terrible when it's on your lips. These don't leave a film or change my makeup much, but it's definitely not a setting spray. This is more to hydrate, cool down, or to wet your face before adding moisture to it. I'm looking forward to trying the Lavender version next. If you find this has too many ingredients I recommend trying a DIY version.

on 1/29/2018 6:22:00 PM

This is my go to setting spray when I'm not wearing a ton of makeup. It's light and refreshing and it works.

I also use it on my freshly washed face before moisturizer, and use it in my hair to tame fly aways. It's truly a multipurpose product and I always keep a spare bottle.

After hearing all of the hype about this I caved and tried it. I noticed some people said the formula was changed from the original and fragrance, artificial color and preservatives were added. Not a good sign but I tried it anyway.

It feels refreshing on my skin, not too cold but just enough oomph to notice it. It dries fairly quickly on bare skin or over makeup. I noticed maybe a "very" slight glow or more moisturized appearance to my skin.

I've tried it as a setting spray and it isn't very good for that purpose. My makeup fades away noticeably faster with this than with my Essence and Ulta brand matte setting sprays. I expected that since this is supposed to be moisturizing.

I love the rose scent. The price is right too, $7 for 4 oz. But I would buy a more natural rose spray next time that has a shorter ingredient list. This didn't bang my gong in any way really other than it smells and feels nice.