Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estée Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/22/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like this product even though I haven't bought it for a while. I'm in the midst of a love affair with BeneFit's Moonbeam so I've betrayed it!

But this is gorgeous, the glow it gives you is so natural and not glittery which is something I find with a lot of illuminators. I have oily skin and I've never had a problem with this unlike some of the other poor reviewers I've read.

Good product, just a tad pricey for what it actually does.

on 5/20/2011 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Spotlight is classified as a skin care product and claims to reduce uneven skin tone while producing a healthy radiance. Since Im new to the product I cant yet comment on improved skin tone but what I can tell you is that Spotlight makes my skin look and feel amazing. It gives the skin a very slight pearlescent sheen which is dewy and natural looking. My dry, sensitive skin loves this especially after a long Canadian winter, but I'm not sure how well this would do on oily skin as it definitely adds a slight shine/radiance to your complexion. Ive been wearing it as a primer, under my foundation, but you can also use it alone, on top of your moisturizer. The Estee Lauder website even recommends mixing it with your moisturizer which I have yet to try. This one is a keeper!

Excuse me? Do I read right? Skin Tone PERFECTOR???
This stuff breaks me up like hell. I actually use it only when I happen to have some new acne marks since I know I will have to go through the procedure of treating some anyway, so let's make the money wasted on this product worth. How pathetic is that?

1) Packaging: Nice and classy-looking, in pearl-ivory with golden cap and logo. I gave the 1 lippie just because it looks so elegant in my boudoir.

2) Price: For a product that at best does nothing and at worst breaks my skin up, it is expensive. Even for EL. I' rather have spent the money in chocolates, for the same result...

3) Colour: What on earth were they thinking? When I use it, even with the most careful blending, I have the strangest pink shinny patches were the light catches my skin. It does not perfect my tone, just make it weird-looking, even with the tiniest amount used.

4) Staying: under makeup it completely disappears. Now, it was sold to me along with the EL Doublewear on their counter and it is a shame since they should have known better. Nothing shows, zero, nada. I tried it under a sheer foundation and it just blended with it and made a shinny mess. I thought perhaps its my combination complexion, so I tried the blending in the back of my hand... the same. (Of course I have given it appropriate time to "settle" on my skin first, in all cases)

5) Scent: It has a quite strong scent, which does not disappear completely. I personally do not mind.

All in all, the only way I can perfect my skin with it is by not wearing it. Would not repurchase.

on 4/21/2011 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous product gives you a glow without any shimmer,love it.I use it alone over my moisturizer or mix it with my foundation and it gives me a flawless glowing face.

on 2/21/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really like this product. It has a gorgeous glow when applied. I mix this with my foundation and then apply it on my face. I don't apply it all over because it does look weird on me when applied all over. I put it on the area's I want to highlight. By the way it smells gorgeous! I love it especially because I use a MAC foundation that doesn't really smell but this smells gorgeous. The only thing I don't like about this item is its 25! It will last a while because you only need to use a big.

on 1/26/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

For reference I am 49 yrs old. I have fine lines, moderate crows feet, some sun spots, uneven skin tone. You name it I've probably got that issue with my skin.

This is not a highlighter. It is not shimmer. It is not marketed that as a highlighter or a shimmer or a "glitter". Nothing wrong with glitter but at my age I need to keep it off my face. In fact I need to be careful with placement of shimmer as well.

This product is called a tone perfector. It does do it's job. It's very subtle. It's to be applied AFTER moisturizer but BEFORE foundation. However, some people (including me) will sometimes mix it with the moisturizer and wear it that way, or mix it with foundation and wear it that way.

It is fragranced, I don't have a problem with the fragrance as far as no irritation and fragrance that is found in most dept store or high end makeup doesn't bother me but it does bother some.

Ths comes out of the tube as a lotion consistency and is light cream in color. That is until you smooth it out onto your skin that is when you get "glow". Not highlighter, not shimmer (that we've become used to using) and definately not glitter. But a pearly glow. Before you spread it out thinly (use this thinly it's not moisturizer it's a perfector) it will have an interesting reddish pink halo like shimmer but once it is spread thinly, very thinly, you are going to glow.

This is the product I have been searching for and could never find. Other products marketed as highlighters are far too shimmer and glitter.

This will more than likely *not* give dramatic effects to anyone with younger skin. I don't care how much you damaged your skin if you are under 40 you don't have mature skin. You just don't. Be happy you don't because unless you are 6 feet under you will eventually. Trust me I thought it would never happen to me.

Love this product for my mature skin. Aging isn't so much as the fine lines, crows feet, sun spots...etc. It's looking tired all the time. It's the loss of elasticity in the skin that makes you look very tired. This product made me not only look fresh but when I looked in the mirror I actually felt pretty darn good. I paid 27.00 for this product and yes I will repurchase.

on 1/25/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Loved this years ago and have just recently rediscovered it again. I use it after moisturiser and under foundation just on my cheeks and temples and it does give the most gorgeous glow. On no makeup days I fix this with my moisturiser for an all over glow and to even out my skintone which it does beautifully. I'm not religious with wearing this so can't comment on how well it works longterm. Even though it is not classed as a highlighter the glow can be seen under most foundations (I use various ones) from sheer to medium-full coverage and is not too overpowering. It is lightweight so I can use it on my combo-oily skin and does not cause any problems.

on 10/18/2010 6:01:00 PM

What a beautiful product

I mix it in with my Double Wear every day. It makes it apply more smoothly and really does give an 'airbrushed', luminous finish.
Cant speak for its tone improving abilities though. If it were to do anything I dont see how applying it over moisturiser as directed would do it...Id apply it before.

This wont give you what you want if you apply it over your foundation.

I dont think Id buy it again because in Australia, its $72! If I had the money when I run out though...I probably will!

on 10/16/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Let me first stress that this product is not designed to be applied over, or without, foundation. (for four years, I was one of the "ignorant EL counter girls" described by "boxerface" in an earlier post, so I have a little background here.) If you use it as directed, over moisturizer and under foundation, it really does give the most amazing glow... without the grease, glitter or pearl of other "illuminators". I can't with any conscience speak to its ability to actually even skin tone over time, but it does function excellently as an illuminating primer. I will cry big, hot salty tears the day this goes away for good.

Wow - this product is great if you use it for its intended purpose which is a treatment. You can also use it as a primer. I mix a small amount with my Estee Lauder Double Wear. Brilliant. This product is not supposed to be used as an over makeup highlight. This product is classed as skincare, not makeup in their range.