CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.7

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 4/10/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I not reviewed this yet?! I switched from Clinique DDM gel to this about 2 years ago, and it is my absolute favorite daytime moisturizer (and really, the only one I use). It's super-light, which is great for under makeup, but not so light that my normal skin doesn't feel adequately hydrated. It doesn't cause any skin problems or irritation -- in fact, I would attribute this moisturizer to helping even out my skin quite a bit! I basically can't say enough good things about it -- I've repurchased it several times, and will continue to do so. Cerave is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, but this is a quality moisturizer and I'm willing to spend a bit more.

on 4/5/2018 8:51:00 PM

This use to be my favorite moisturizer. But ever since L'oreal bought out Cerave, they've changed the formula but continue to deny that there were any formula changes.

The old formula was the best. Moisturizing, calming, and healed PIE/PIH like crazy because of the niacinamide. It was my favorite moisturizer and it worked great on my PIE (especially when I slathered it on like crazy. Moisturizing a lot helps with PIE rather than drying it out). Not only that, but somehow the formula managed to tighten up my pores and still keep my skin looking plump and luminous.

The new formula... is disappointing. When I first started using it, I didn't realize any major changes. However, after using it for 1-2ish months, my skin looks more red and irritated than it did before. Not only that, but this keeps giving me super inflamed pimples that i never got when using the old formula. It somehow managed to make my PIE look even more red and caused these super tiny pimples on my face that generally only show up when a product irritates me. I had to discontinue use and switch to another moisturizer (Vanicream Lite - which I love!!). Not only that, but somehow it just sat on the skin and never fully sunk in - thus being a PITA when going outside because the wind would blow and my hair would stick onto my skin. It also somehow manages to be even less moisturizing than the original and I would often times wake up feeling tight but looking like a greaseball when using the new formula.

If you want to see which formula you still have or see the new ingredients list, I have pictures of both the front and back here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/88wc5a/misc_oldnew_formulas_for_cerave_foaming_and_pm/

Sad that L'oreal has decided to change a formula that was never broken in the first place. I won't buy this again anymore unfortunately.

Another product I really wanted to like, but it just didn't work out. The lotion is very lightweight, and absorbs easily. But my skin can't handle the niacinamide.

on 2/18/2018 6:52:00 PM

This cream is so moisturizing for flaky winter skin. The price is moderate at 16 dollars, so you would have to decide if it is worth it for you. But, my skin felt softer and less irritated the next day. The ingredients seem really nice and emollient, and it didn't break me out even though a lot of beauty products do. Use if if you have dry skin or to pair with an AHA or underneath makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. I got accidentally got some under my eyes and it caused a reaction where my under eyes got puffy and purple. This lasted about an hour.

on 1/22/2018 5:13:00 PM

This light-feeling lotion hydrates my skin, and leaves it soft, plump, youthful but not sticky. I like using it before applying Retin A Micro .1% gel (tretinoin microsperes gel); I think it creates a nice base for better absorption of the retinoid product. I also like using it in the morning after cleansing and before sunscreen and bb/cc cream.

It does not break me out, and I have always had trouble finding moisturizers that clog my pores and cause acne. I have sensitive, oily, break-out prone skin, I have enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation from sun and past acne. Until I found this, I thought Drunk Elephant's B Hydra was the only moisturizer I could use. I'm thrilled to say I can save my money and not have to repurchase the B Hydra (which I had purchased multiple times with no skin benefit other than not breaking out).

I honestly do not think there are any cons! The pros include:
- excellent ingredients including niacinamide and ceramides
- elegant texture and lightweight feel
- reasonable price, often with coupons available from cerave website
- fragrance-free
- airtight pump packaging

on 1/16/2018 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Edited 5/3/2018
Save you money. The old one which was great has been reformulated and now has the words "Ultra Lightweight" and "oil free" . It is not the same formula. The new one does not apply like the other one and it stays sticky. I always used this as my morning moisturizer before I applied my makeup. No more, this makes everything stay sticky.Why they felt the need to change such a huge seller and make it worse is ridiculous!

Love it and replace it whenever I run out. This is the PM but I use it in the AM before putting my makeup on because it plays nice under all of my foundations and tinted moisturizers and never makes me oily. It's not the only one I use but it is definitely a staple for me. It never irritates, sinks right in and makes my skin feel wonderful. I do not like the Cerave AM at all. It has SPF 30 and burns and irritates my face and also seems oilier than the PM. It sort of just sits on my face and doesn't absorb as easily as the PM. I also can use this on the under eye area and it never burns, irritates, causes milia, etc. Zero fragrance too. It has a nice pump bottle that always works well. Walgreens always has buy one get one 50% off so I usually order 2 at at time because my husband uses it also.

DESCRIPTION FROM THE WEBSITE:
Type of skin:
Normal to dry

Areas of concern:
Acne prone skin care, dry skin

Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion effectively moisturizes and helps to restore the protective skin barrier of the face and neck. This lightweight, non-greasy lotion, with 3 essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid, provides all day hydration after just one use. Fragrance free formula is suitable for sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS:

on 1/16/2018 5:07:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL for sensitive skin. Disappears perfectly into my skin without fragrance or residue. I have tried many other moisturizers and always come back to this. Note -- must use the PM. The daytime version with spf is not fragrance free and will sting.

This has a pretty good ingredients list and I really enjoyed using it until I figured out that this was the culprit for most of my clogged pores and breakouts. I love the lightweight gel texture, perfect for my combination skin with its greasy T-zone. I didn't find that it was hydrating enough for my dehydrated skin, however, so I always layered it on top of other products.

Overall, this wasn't meant to be, we have to part ways. It was pretty nice while it lasted though.

on 1/3/2018 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

YESSSSS! I’m on my 2nd bottle of CeraVe PM. I love it! For less than $15 I can get ceramics, niacinqmide, and hyaluronic acid! Seriously? Yes seriously. There still might even be a coupon for $2 on the product website.

It’s in a pump, which is super convienent. I use it over Philosphy Help Me every other night to my face and neck and I wake up to buttery soft skin. I’m 50 and let’s just say that’s quite a feat. The nights I don’t use Help Me I just use CeraVe PM.

The moisturizer is a white gel. The pump never clogged up but I do use this product every night. I didn’t notice any smell to it either.

I’ve tried all sorts of moisturzing concoctions on my very-fair-never-tans-always-burns 50 yo skin. It’s not fun choosing a cystic breakout or dealing with wrinkles/softening my skin. I’ve broken out from quite a few of the serums/overnight treatments but not this one. It’s a keeper.

I’ve yet to try the AM moisturizer because it’s winter and I use other sunscreen on my face. Should the sun should ever shine (in 6 months, perhaps?) I’ll try it.

And I adore the fact I can go to CVS or Walgreens for it. No special trip to the mall!