Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

I have insanely dry and sensitive skin, which is why i always have to be super careful about what I put on my face. Honestly, even the smallest of small things can result in a flare up that takes days to go away. I have been using Cetaphil consistently for the past 5 years. When I was younger I used to have flaky skin due to dryness and the only cream that actually worked on hydrating my skin was Cetaphil. I would definitely 100% recommend this to anyone with dry sensitive skin. It doesn't have any added fragrance and you get a substantial amount for the price you pay for one tub.

on 5/18/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the most dry & sensitive skin you will ever find, but this product helps to make it normal! It's a super thick hydrating cream (truly a cream, not a regular moisturizer or lotion) that soothes and restores moisture to my skin very well. My dermatologist gave it to me after coming in with a bunch of redness and irritation along with scaley skin! No more dry patches with my makeup and I don't get any dry peely skin much anymore! I would also recommend getting a vitamin e oil (28,000 IU) if you're on the same boat (dry, uber sensitive skin) to help with it because this isn't a complete miracle product, but is the best thing I've found!

I recommend using more at night than in the morning before makeup because depending on the tool you are applying your makeup with, it can pill. I know if I put too much on or don't give it a few minutes to be absorbed into the skin and apply makeup with a beautyblender, pilling ensues! I will continue to buy this! The tub will last forever! I use quite a bit everyday and mine lasts me on average at least 6-8 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using Cetaphil cream since I was young, and now at 24 y/o it's still the only moisturizer that my rosacea and facial eczema can tolerate. I've tried venturing into other moisturizers for sensitive skin (i.e., Vanicream, Cerave) but even those make my eczema flare up. It does leave an oily residue for me b/c I have oily skin and also pills up when I apply makeup, but I've still (reluctantly) stuck with this as my moisturizer only b/c it just works so well for my rosacea/eczema (I hope that says a lot about this as a cream for sensitive skin!). Also on the plus side, it used to only come in a jar but I found 3 oz tubes at Walmart!

A little background first: I have combination skin (oily T-zone and normal to dry cheeks), I have a little rosacea and lately I've been under a lot of stress so my skin is especially sensitive on the nose and cheek area these days.

I find it very hard to review or even trust reviews about skin care products because every skin is different. We live under different weather conditions, we have different diets, we have different lifestyles, etc. Nonetheless, I wanted to review this moisturizer because it has been a real savior lately so if I can help anyone....

Where I live the weather is really dry so I usually try to avoid moisturizers meant for combination/oily skin because I feel like they don't do enough and I don't enjoy the gel textures. The problem is, trying to pick something not to "dry" or not to rich and creamy is very hard. Since my skin is so sensitive lately I started looking into moisturizers that were sensitive skin friendly. I don't have the budget to make it rain and buy La Mer or La Prairie so my research pointed more towards affordable options. Then, I saw this cream and I'll be honest, I was very attracted to the fact that is a giant jar for the price. I don't usually trust products that say they can be worn on your face and on your body, I don't know why but since this is meant for sensitive skin I thought worst case scenario: if I hate it on my face I can use it on my elbows, feet and whatnot.

This is a rich moisturizer so I only wear a tiny little amount on my face during the day. I love that it has no scent, it absorbs really well and works awesome under make up.
After applying the moisturizer I wait for a minute then I apply sunscreen, after that I apply a sheer layer of powder (MAC blot) so I don't look too shiny if I'm going out. Since I work from home most of the time, I don't care about being shiny because my face feels soft and hidrated. I can't complain too much about the richness of this product because it's meant for drier skin types but at least during this sensitive phase I'm going through, it's working wonders. I don't know if I'll be able to use this cream during summer, probably not but I can accept that. In general I'm not afraid of the oily face because hidrating the skin is very important for maintaining younger looking skin so I'll still give it a try.

Overall, I really like it although I'm still on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer for my skin.

(excuse any mistakes, english is not my first language)

on 4/22/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

my go-to moisturiser! Cetaphil is a great brand and continuously produces great products! I use this after i wash my face and it soaks in leaving my skin soft, does not make me extra oily and a small amount (pea sized) will cover my whole face and nourish my dry nose and lip area. Lasts forever! I use this before a foundation and it hydrates my skin wonderfully ! recommended to anyone who wants a light textured moisturiser.

on 4/22/2016 11:00:00 PM

This came highly recommended by my derm for my extremely dry legs. I use it only as body moisturizer not on my face. Just out of the shower I put on slightly damp skin and again before bedtime. It sinks right in working the magic. My legs look and feel so much better no more flakies. I also use the Cetaphil shower cream which is also formulated for dry skin.

Great price for such a large tub !

EDIT : I see than some of you are using on your face/eye area. This product is really not designed for the face - body only

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have recently been using this as part of a "bland" regime for healing my dehydrated, reactive skin after an allergic reaction. It is richly moisturizing and non irritating, which is exactly what I wanted. No fancy bells and whistles to potentially cause reactions, just soothing hydration. I use this at night, and then lock in my driest parts with aquaphor on top. This has not caused me any break outs or clogged pores on my face.

The jar packaging does present hygiene considerations, but as anyone with eczema knows you can use creams up so quickly that contamination really becomes a non-issue. If I was using it slowly (just the face) then I would likely transfer some to a smaller jar to keep things cleaner.

What a great value! I recently tossed two high end creams that were supposed to do exactly what this one does at many, many times the cost. I will definitely be keeping this on hand as a staple.

on 4/4/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

At first this product worked really good on my very dry face, it moisturized it so well that after I put a primer on my face it made it feel hydrated with the foundation over it. I was happy because no dry patches were visible. After a few months of use my face with the foundation looked dried and flaky as if I did not put a moisturizer on. I think if your face is not to dry to try this out.

on 4/3/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I came across this when looking for a non-comedogenic fragrance-free moisturiser, as I had tried the cleanser in the same range. As expected, the cream's heavier than the lotion, and it's been working really well on my sensitive acne-prone skin.

At the moment I'm trialing basic Cetaphil cleanser and moisuriser, and instead investing in skin treatments that I'm putting on pre-moisturiser, ie am - BHA (La Roche Possay Effaclar Duo), pm - retinal (Avene Triacneal, but will be trying the Medik8 Retinol 3TR soon).

Although the packaging's quite a clinical design, the product itself is great, and I find the squeezy tube more hygienic than putting fingers in a tub.

on 4/1/2016 6:05:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I really enjoy using this product. The price point is low, the consistency is lush and creamy. My favorite quality is that it feels very soothing and calming on my face and never breaks me out