Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 7/25/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Best overall body cream ever! It is really thick and heavy, but absorbs well.

I use it all over after a shower and on my feet before bed. Even my husband uses it daily now and his skin is so much nicer.

My daughter has really sensitive and dry skin. This was one of the only things I could use on her that would help without making it worse. It doesn't sting on rashes or dry skin.

When my face is extra dry, I use it as a night cream, but it is a little heavy to do that all the time.

If I could only use one lotion or cream for the rest of my life it would be this one.

I have sensitive combination skin (slight oily t-zone, very dry cheeks). Even though this did not break me out I hated this so much. I don't understand all the hype about this product, it just simply layed like a plop of goop on my face, it never got absorbed, didn't feel or look like anything nice or special. Because this never got absorbed into my skin, It started to look slightly pinkish red (which it gets that way when it becomes dry) but the surface was an oil goop. This did not lay good under foundation either, which was my main purpose of using this as a day moisturizer. This in general did not work for me at all neither night or as a day moisturizer.

To Read all 1326 Reviews, Login or Join

Pros: Available almost anywhere!!
Cons: Very weak.

I might buy again if on the road and desparate but I would much rather use something more effective like an olay product. Definitely doesn't work as good as others I have tried but it is an ok product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream! It is pretty thick and heavy so I only use very little at night. I used it once during the day under makeup and it was too heavy and thick, it made me pretty oily thoughout the day. Instead I use this as a night cream which works perfectly! I wake up with beautiful and soft skin the next morning! I first used this when I was going through a pretty bad facial allergic reaction to another product and this cream helped soothe and heal it within a few days! This cream is also fragrance free which I love! I primarily use it for my face and it's so soft and gentle. It is very good for dry skin, I think if you have oily skin it might be too heavy for you. I have the tub with the blue lid which I think might be the old formula? I heard that they changed the formula and it is now a green lid. I bought the new cetaphil travel cream with the green lid for a trip and when I used it, my pores were clogged the next morning with little white heads! I was very disappointed because I love the cetaphil cream I have. I'm kind of worried that when I run out of my current cetaphil cream I'm going to have to look for a new night cream as so far this new cetaphil formula seems to break me out. If you have a chance still to get the cetaphil with the blue lid, it's amazing !

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always used Cetaphil Cream as I have dry sensitive/rosacea skin and am allergic to fragrance. I just bought the Cetaphil Cream which is now in a GREEN container and it is BURNING my face, lips, and especially around my Eyes!!! Not even the same smooth consistency. Kind of burns like sunblock!?!?! There is definitely sunblock in it although not mentioned on label. What happened!!! Please switch back to gentle moisturizing formula- this doesn't even have same smell and ingredients are switched around on back. There has to be something added that is causing this burning and is not moisturizing. Please fix it back to the old formula , it was the only cream I could use for sensitive dry skin!!!
Even Cetaphil.coms reviews under this cream are all stating the same as above!
Do you guys know of a product that is comparable???? (since I can no longer use cetaphil). Please HELP!!! :)

on 5/28/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This cream is extremely moisturizing. I apply it to my hands every night before bed and and when I wake up they're extremely soft and not dry at all. However, it comes is a tub, it is not very hygienic because I have to dip my hands inside the tub every time I use it. It is really thick, so it takes only a pea sized amount for my hands, so it will last quite a long time. It is not expensive and has no fragrance. However, it takes longer than usual to soak into the skin.

Didn't like this at all. It was way to thick and sticky for me.

It claims to be fragrance free but still had a scent to it without a doubt.

This was NOT soothing, I have relatively dry skin but it felt like I was rubbing *glue* on my face when I applied this. Yuck. I should have accepted my luck has run out with the Cetaphil products. Too bad, b/c this is definitely less costly than my usual moisturizer!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

I have insanely dry and sensitive skin, which is why i always have to be super careful about what I put on my face. Honestly, even the smallest of small things can result in a flare up that takes days to go away. I have been using Cetaphil consistently for the past 5 years. When I was younger I used to have flaky skin due to dryness and the only cream that actually worked on hydrating my skin was Cetaphil. I would definitely 100% recommend this to anyone with dry sensitive skin. It doesn't have any added fragrance and you get a substantial amount for the price you pay for one tub.

on 5/18/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the most dry & sensitive skin you will ever find, but this product helps to make it normal! It's a super thick hydrating cream (truly a cream, not a regular moisturizer or lotion) that soothes and restores moisture to my skin very well. My dermatologist gave it to me after coming in with a bunch of redness and irritation along with scaley skin! No more dry patches with my makeup and I don't get any dry peely skin much anymore! I would also recommend getting a vitamin e oil (28,000 IU) if you're on the same boat (dry, uber sensitive skin) to help with it because this isn't a complete miracle product, but is the best thing I've found!

I recommend using more at night than in the morning before makeup because depending on the tool you are applying your makeup with, it can pill. I know if I put too much on or don't give it a few minutes to be absorbed into the skin and apply makeup with a beautyblender, pilling ensues! I will continue to buy this! The tub will last forever! I use quite a bit everyday and mine lasts me on average at least 6-8 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using Cetaphil cream since I was young, and now at 24 y/o it's still the only moisturizer that my rosacea and facial eczema can tolerate. I've tried venturing into other moisturizers for sensitive skin (i.e., Vanicream, Cerave) but even those make my eczema flare up. It does leave an oily residue for me b/c I have oily skin and also pills up when I apply makeup, but I've still (reluctantly) stuck with this as my moisturizer only b/c it just works so well for my rosacea/eczema (I hope that says a lot about this as a cream for sensitive skin!). Also on the plus side, it used to only come in a jar but I found 3 oz tubes at Walmart!