Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 10/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

I've been on the lookout for no-frills creams in recent years.

I like it that Cetaphil moisturizing cream has no scent. It is a thick cream but which absorbs well.

The following compares Cetaphil moisturising cream to some similar ones I've tried.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Cetaphil lotion.
Both do not have a scent. However, the cream somehow absorbs better for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel works better on dry patches on the body (for my dog) and keeps them away. I don't have dry patches, so both work just as well for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel AL cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel AL cream was my lifesaver when I developed a nasty red, swollen painful rash from the use of a pimple cream some years ago. Nothing else was able to soothe the nasty red, swollen, painful rash then. I think there is something in Physiogel AL that helped to soothe my rash. My only quip with Physiogel AL is that it leaves a slight waxy film on the skin. In contrast, Cetaphil moistursing cream is not waxy.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream is not waxy than Nivea creme (Germany version) and absorbs better.
Nivea has a floral scent compared to the scentless Cetaphil. For the level of moisture, Nivea creme provides a tad more.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream has the same consistency as The Ordinary Natural moisturising factors.
Both do not have a scent, and absorbs equally well. I like The Ordinary better as it is paraben free.

In summary, I like Cetaphil moisturising cream as it is packaged for use on both face and body.
It does not have a scent and works well as a basic moisturiser. I've had no adverse reactions from using it on both face and body.
The main drawback for me is the presence of parabens in it.
Lovely if it could be reformulated without parabens.

I love this moisturizer. It has a creamy consistency. It doesn't contain fragrance. It is very hydrating and soothing. My skin feels good after using it. It never breaks me out. I use it on my face and body.
My only complaint is I wish it weren't in a tub. Jars and tubs expose it to air and bacteria from having to dip into it. This can make it expire faster. If this were a small jar that wouldnt be a problem, since I would go through it faster. However, I am glad the large container saves on cost. I have bought this multiple times and will continue to do so.

Pros:
does its job at moisturizing.
Hydrating and soothing.
No irritating ingredients.
Good deal.

Cons:
owned by a company that tests on animals.
Unsanitary packaging when compared to pump packaging.

on 9/10/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I originally picked this up because it has no fragrance, it's dermatologist recommended, and my friend's roommate has used the cleanser for ages. The cleanser seemed to give me whiteheads a few years ago, but my skin has changed to be much drier these days.

I'm really happy with the lotion. It's great for moisturizing legs after shaving or as a hand cream. I meant to use it on my face, but I haven't done so in quite a while.

on 8/4/2018 3:01:00 PM

Very moisturizing but after awhile I get itchy using it, if not completely washed off. I didn’t get acne using this. Just itchy. I think because my skin was occluded with oil. When I sweat and it can’t escape= itch. I use this every now and then but not something I can use on a daily basis. Too bad ugh.

on 4/18/2018 7:08:00 PM

In cold weather, I have raging eczema. Using this cream liberally after showering has saved my skin.
After 3 days, the itch and aggravating welts were gone.
This is a miracle product; non-fragrance, and very emmolient.
The only issue is one my dip one's fingers into the tube to retrieve a portion,
but it is well worth any trouble.
Will never face winter again with a tub of this.

on 3/29/2018 10:06:00 AM

It's not clear if it's unethical to give products negative reviews if I'm allergic to them... but here I am doing it anyway. Reacted poorly to this. I'm going to guess it's whatever almond deal is in it, or the c. alcohol.

I think I like nivea cream better for better moisturizing but scent on this is softer, this is tub so have to dig fingers in. I think it for a basic good moisturizer. I think could even work well for summer even though texture is thick feels lights and don't not take long to dry.

on 1/24/2018 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've bought this a couple of times in the travel size... well for travelling (duh, sorry) and have only used it for a few days to a week at the most. It was fine then, and it moisturized nicely. But when I used it at nighttime, I woke up suuuuuuuuuuuper oily, without that tight feeling though. Well recently, I decided to use it because I ran out of my moisturizer (cosrx honey ceramide something) and I used it for almost two weeks. It broke me out. I'm still using it as hand cream though. I wish I knew which ingredient exactly was the one causing my breakouts. Anyway, I won't be repurchasing.

on 12/18/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this product on my hands before bedtime, and it really keeps them moisturized overnight. It does soak in well and protects from drying out.

on 12/11/2017 8:47:00 PM

love this moisturizer.
doesn't leave skin greasy and absorbs quickly, its cheap, and INCREDIBLE FOR DRY FLAKY SKIN.
ive had flaky skin my entire life and three months of this and no flakes.
i tried everything, 80 dollar exfoliators from sephora, oils, moisturizers, special foundations, everything, and three months of this and the flakiness is almost completely gone.
this is the holy grail of moisturizers for dry skin, 10/10 would recommend, (plus its hella cheap so what do you have to lose)