REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal MaskRen Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask

Polysorbate 60 (Source Rape Seed Oil), Glycerin (Source Coconut Oil), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Water, Lecithin (Source Soybean), Lactic Acid (Source Wheat), Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol denat. (Source Grape), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum (Source Corn), Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Phenoxyethanol (Source Aromatic Ether), Sodium HydroxymethylGlycinate (Source Amino Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Berry Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 5/23/2009

on 8/5/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have the Radiance Renewal Mask. It felt very restorative, but I had an issue with the scent. At first, I was really surprised about the consistency. It smells like honey or orange marmalade on toast. Very pleasant, but I prefer fruity scents. Overall, it was very sticky, but not too difficult to smooth onto the skin. I won't buy again because I think it was a bit on the expensive side. I like their moisturizer line though. I wish think what I have is enough to last me a while.

on 7/19/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first used this product I thought it was great and would remain a permanent part of my beauty regime. It left my acne-prone, sensitive and oily skin glowing, reduced my breakouts to the point that they were nonexistent and shrunk my pores. Unfortunately, after using 1-2 times a week, it no longer has any effect on my skin and this when I hadn't used nearly half the product. I cannot attest to this product's wrinkle fighting properties because I have none at this time, but I would probably repurchase this product in the hopefully far, far, far away future for that. The mask itself is of an almost gel-like consistency that goes on transparent and smells like papaya or guava. The biggest negative while using this when it was effective was that I wish it dried, because it otherwise feels uncomfortable and not at all relaxing or pleasant.

on 7/17/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I sampled this mask through a subscription service, and immediately fell so deeply in love with it that I bought the full size without even blinking an eye. It is a tad pricey, but you DO see results, and to me that's completely worth it. It is an orange, thick gel-y kind of consistency, and it smells a bit citrusy and fresh. You simply put it on over clean skin, and let it sit for a little bit. I always leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. You rinse it off with warm water and the included washcloth, and sit back to be amazed. My skin is always glowy, smooth, and bright after I use this mask. I use it weekly or every other week for the best results. It just helps exfoliate and make me look glowy - takes all of my dullness away! Definitely worth a look if you've got dullness or redness issues.

So I used the whole bottle and I must say I really do enjoy this peeling mask. It's by no means a holy grail product, but it does deliver. I used to use it right before I headed out to a nice dinner, clubbing, or special occasion. I like it because it's all natural, packaged extremely well and works. I always had baby smooth skin after I used this, and my blackheads were definitely reduced. I dare say it cleaned my pores out pretty well, too. I noticed my makeup would always go on smoother and my skin would look a lot smoother. It never damaged my sensitive skin, made me break out, or gave me a rash. I can't say it disappeared any of my few freckles, but I used it very randomly. I'm SURE I would've gotten better results had I used it once a week or so. I'll probably buy it again and try sticking to a schedule. All in all, a good buy and well worth a look if you're in the market for something to even out your skin texture, diminish blackheads and "shrink" pore size.

This is a very nice mask but given the high price tag I prefer Jan Marinis Glycolic Cleanser which is even more effective if left on your skin for longer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OK, so I tried this years ago and was REALLY underwhelmed. I don't know what happened since. But I got a sample recently and decided to give it another go. And lo and behold, if it didn't live up to all the hype I failed to understand the last time I tried it.

Maybe my skin was just better looking by itself back then? It certainly is possible. I have pretty good skin, but I would lie if I said it wasn't brighter and younger looking when i was eh, five years younger. Stating the obvious here, but you know.

Anyways, I am ready to go out and by a full size of this product. It really makes a visible difference in the overall appearance of my skin for a few days and who knows what it will do in the long run if the instant effects are that good. We're talking fading of redness in old acne scars and pigmentation spots, overall brighter, more plump skin with no dry patches. And all of this with no itching or bad reactions. My skin is sensitive towards peels, this doesn't irritate it at all.

I am happy to say that I am now a REN glycolactic convertee. But spare your pennies if you're 24 with perfect skin (like I was).

ETA: Got the full size and have been very happy with it. I don't use it as a thick mask, I use it as an overnight treatment. Just a little, enough to cover my face (fingernail-sized blob) and go to bed. When I wake up, my boyfriend will mention how well-rested I look - and that look lasts a few days. Heh. Love this! Also, the bottle has lasted me a year with weekly treatments like this

on 5/4/2012 1:41:00 AM

Maybe it's just me? I received a sample with my purchase through Sephora and was anxious to try this as soon as my package arrived. I slathered this...gel gunk onto my face that can eerily resemble a slighter softer version of jam. The smell is so overwhelming, that I felt like I was going to throw up. SERIOUSLY. The smell is so bad that I started to think maybe I received a bad sample? Nevertheless, this mask stays on your face for 10 minutes, and it never dries. It stays wet the entire time. I will admit, it did make my skin look very cleansed and supple. But would I continue to use this mask with that rancid smell? Hell to the NO.

on 4/15/2012 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really like this mask. I have been using it once a week for about 10 weeks. It has made my skin brighter. My skin also feels smoother and my pores are less noticeable. My skin also never gets irritated from this. I would definitely purchase this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mask is good. I like the way my skin looks after, and it doesn't irritate my skin. The only downside is that the smell can be so overpowering that it gives me a headache.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

> I do not understand why it is in the 'treatments' section as it is a wash off mask, you are not supposed to leave it on your face for longer than 10 minutes?

Anyway, let's review:

I gave up the grainy exfoliants and moved to less abrasive ones as my skin got drier and drier. I have been using this product at least once a week for last half a year (so even though initially it is a splurge it last really long time!) and tonight was the last pump that I have managed to squeeze out of the packaging.

I think it exfoliates though I could not see ANY difference in the size of my pores and their clearness (especially the ones on my nose and chin) which was a big disappointment.

I have purchased Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant (thanks to Lisa Eldridge's recommendation on her YT channel) and REN lost this race - Dermalogica exfoliates visibly, my pores are cleaner and smaller. I am happy to finish the REN'S mask bottle and I will not repurchase.

I understand that the companies want to cater for sensitive skins but if an exfoliant is so delicate that to see any result one has to use a scrub before puting the mask on to get rid of flaky skin (I have it sometimes on my nose) there is something wrong with the product imho.

On a plus side it did not indeed make my skin red or more sensitive, I just think that there are better non-abrasive exfoliants out there.