October 25, 2014 | 1892 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by kearro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit concerned about using face powder as I've heard that it can settle into your skin and accentuate wrinkles [I've learned now that this is most likely pressed powders, not loose powders] so I opted for a travel version of Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder. I am very pleased with this product. This loose powder is incredibly light and does not build up on the skin. It provides a lovely matte finish without looking dull. The price of $25 for 0.25 oz is reasonable, and I love the packaging which has a built in "shaver" which ensures that you are not getting more product than you need at the time. I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Vampvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't seem to understand the negative reviews on this product! I think this powder is perfect for me during the summer months when I want my skin to breathe and go foundation free. first off I Have oily skin with a few dry patches, usually powder products in the summer looks like its sitting in my pores and looks unnatural , but this powder is amazing its glides over my skin flawlessly giving my skin a polished look. it covers my slight imperfections without actually covering it if that makes any sense, its a blurring effect which is really nice. I would totally buy it again, even though its really expensive hence why I knocked off a lippie in the overall rating. otherwise its a great product for me that I will use every summer! PS the packaging is sturdy too and good quality perfect for traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We'll Iam like everybody else . I wanted to love this product . Iam on my second container and to be honest it's nothing magical . I always use over top of a foundation . It's heavy , and sits in my pores . The transfer is horrible ! I have it everywhere ! If I hug my man it's on his shirt , if I rub my face it's on my hands . And oh my god oil slick ! It doesn't nothing for my oily skin but I swear make it worse . Iam blotting within two hours. I will keep it around because you know $70 cdn I better . But honestly I wouldn't waste your money . I use a ton of high end products being in the biz bit I am going back to my old school cover girl loose powder . It's always set my makeup just fine without all of these horrid problems!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by spsavage

This stuff was the worst. Sits atop my face; yet doesn't cover anything. Too expensive. Bad color choices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I love this especially for "light days" . Not that good for oily skin but looks nice for first few hours... Then needs to be blotted & reapplied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I can honestly say that I'm amazed that this has so many good reviews! I got it as part of the Try It kit and can honestly say that it's very run of the mill and ordinary. As for being hydrating, well, it's a powder, so I don't really know what I expected, but it certainly doesn't hydrate. Like most Smashbox creams, it has an orange tinge, leaving me looking like I've been tango'd. I give up on Smashbox completely, it's overpriced rubbish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Halo powder! It is my HG of any powder I have tried. It never looks cakey nor does it settle into lines. I use it in light and although I'm more of a medium complexion it is dark enough. I use it with my LancĂ´me mineral brush all over my face and go back with my shiseido brush just under my eyes to set my concealer. It's not cheap although it has come down in price from $72 to $58 only now they don't throw in the little mineral brush (useless anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Christy33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the way this powder melts into my skin when I brush it on. It looks and feels amazing. The powder lasts for a very long time, about 1 year which I think justifies the cost. The only issue I have with it is the packaging. The closure always gets stuck so it will not snap shut unless I stick something into the latch hole to push the button out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Jwright89

My favorite powder ever. Doesn't crease, when used with the primer it will stay all day as a foundation, and you can build the coverage with it. The only negative is the price as it is pretty spendy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I bought this in the try it kit, and while everything else in the kit makes me break out, the powder works incredibly well for me. It's the first powder I've found that doesn't emphasize dry patches and flakes and doesn't break me out. It blurs imperfections and makes my red skin look practically flawless.