December 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - luxury powder in visage

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by shajmamba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant powder, I am a mac nc40/ and a nw35 (as have a pinker tone than yellow) amd have beige suede perfectly warm for me the banana colour has more yellow tint not right for me.
I have combination skin it kept my make up in place and helped with oil control.
You can't keep oil away all day tis not natural as its healthy to sweat..For some ppl a re touch might be necessary for me I haven't needed to on nights out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the color in 'Banana' & I must say I really really love it! I use it for my everyday makeup as my under eye highlight, and it helps makes my skin look much brighter. I apply it after applying concealer under my eyes that is 2 shades lighter than my skin tone. Also helps control my oils compared to other powders I used.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Monyak12

The selling price in manila is pretty steep if you ask me. Anyway i bought beige suede because most bloggers say this will suit my skintone (nc40-45) thinking banana will be too yellow for me. Tried it on to set my concealer and im pretty impressed with the staying power. Although it took an hour or two before my skin became oily again I had to retouch ugh. I also used this on my face (to set my foundation mac to be exact) it was okay but not as i expected it to be since most people say it helps the tzone area to be matte and oil free considering that its not that hot and humid anymore. I feel like its just an improved version of Bare Minerals foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lets begin with my skin type, I have normal skin with redness around the chin area and prone to breakouts. Been looking at Ben Nye powders for months, was never sure about the color match so would back out in the last minute before ordering. After months of looking at online swatches, decided to go with this shade. On the website its described as translucent beige with brown tones. It matches my NC40 skintone perfectly. Its super sheer and blends in perfectly. The powder feels very light and yet it covers very well without giving me the cakey look. So far this hasn't given me any breakouts so far. Its very reasonably priced product and the packaging is pretty cool. I sealed off the sifter holes except one with cellotape so I don't have any messes.
UPDATE**** Still loving this product and is my go to finishing product, haven't touched MAC in a very long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the banana powder after all the hype. I have medium plus skin tone and it worked great for my skin tone. I set my foundation and under eye concealer. It work really good on oily skin and seems to help keeping my face matte for a while longer. Can't really beat the price and get a lot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

You wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a neutral pale loose powder for NC/NW15 skin. But thanks to reviewers on here I finally have. Cameo is my colour.
Pros
Cheap, �6.25 for 47gms. Screenface sell it in the UK. (Edit - volume has now gone down to 42gms and price up to £8.95!!! whopping 62.4% per gram price increase.)
Coverage - not too sheer not too heavy
Combines/blends with the skin quickly so you don't look too chalky
Does seem to provide some oil control
Doesn't oxidise like so many do
You can reapply later in the day and it looks fine
Cons
Container is a pain, need to decant it into another and not suitable for makeup bag
Hard to get hold of
It doesn't do anything else, doesn't moisturise, dry the skin, have anti ageing ingredients etc etc but it provides the correct level of coverage without looking chalky or you've over done it. I think this is HG.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by soniyah55

i absolutely love this product i have it in banana, topaz, cocoa tan, neutral set and sienna. i am indian and have tanned/olive skin tone i am an nc43 in mac studio fix. i have always found it a problem finding suitable foundations and setting powders due to the fact that i have a yellow undertone, but these are amazzzing! they work beautifully on my skin tone and i believe they will b suitable for pretty much all skin tones. brilliant for indian skin colours! very impressed with it apart from the packaging, as alot of product can b lost when applying it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I have this in Cameo. I actually purchased this product in error - I was trying to get the one that was more pink to make my own setting powder for concealer. Unfortunately it didn't really work. It has been in my shelf for over a year and I just started using it again after reading reviews on the other shades of luxury powder. If you use too heavy of a hand, this goes on quite powdery although it is very finely milled. The amazing thing about this powder is how long it controls oil! I am usually a greaseball by the time I get to work in the morning but I can get past lunch without blotting with this powder, and today I didn't even need to blot at all. This is actually the best powder ive tried for keeping oil at bay, and also doesnt dry out my skin. The only down side is the packaging - kind of like a mini baby powder shaker, and a lot of product comes out at once. I use a separate dish to swirl.

For reference, I am NC 20 (but more neutral-olive) and I do not find that this looks pink or ashy on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Buff. I am a OB-2. The fair in loose was way too light. The translucent changed the shade also and you could tell I was wearing powder. I didn't want to get the Banana (I don't need more yellow tones). The Cameo is a pink based (that would have looked horrible on me).
This one was perfect. It set my makeup exactly like the translucent and didn't give me the powdery look or change the shade of my foundation at all and it is so finely milled that it feels like a dream on your skin. I've tried a lot of loose powders, but this by far has been the best for me. My HG? :o)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had this in Banana. This does zap face oil. Yes good work. But the color, though I mixed with other neutral colored powder. This powder also feels heavy and this yields kinda full coverage.