Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.6

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).

on 4/20/2015 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the powder, it's setting my make up for the whole day. The packaging is pretty beautiful, although inconvenient to use.

on 3/17/2015 10:33:00 PM

The new look is much better than the old one, very chic. Even though the powder is excellent, the old packaging was cheap and ordinary. So I didn't buy it until the packaging changed.

on 10/12/2014 1:22:00 PM

I've have had a few loose powder or compact powder to set my cream foundation, but none came close to giving me something I thought could be achieved. To a point, I would thought I'm having a skin that is troubled and hard to please.

I have oily oily t zone that would require frequent blotting every few hours and the cheek and eye area that is prone to scaley dryness. It is difficult to buy a setting powder because it would either not help with my oiliness or make my skin peel. At the end of the day, my make up is always making me look tired and haggard. Not helping.

My recent visit to sephora was purely for killing time while waiting for a friend and peeping through mirrors to see my modifying oily and yet dry skin again. I came across Givenchy’s shelf and prism loose powder caught my eye. It says matt satin finish with illuminating effect. A quick run through on my phone and every reviews was great. I thought I must b nuts to fork out that amount for another powder tt I might kill myself on spending. I went ahead anyway. The product smells of flower, which many skin expert would advise us to steer clear from. I ignored that out of stubbornness.

My first application was that I hardly had any on. My make up was fresh and set but I don't notice powder. I tot I was not generous with the application and did one more round of puffing. The same. So stopped because i don't want to have a cake face. Looks perfect but I wasn't putting my hopes too high.

Lunch hour is nearing and I skipped to the loo to blot as usual. My face looked perfect and untouched.

Dinner came and my face was still looking fresh. I was truly amazed with my new purchase. I would do an update again soon. Till then, I've never loved a product so much before.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 1. In general, the product is delicate, not too shimmery and not cakey. It gives me a good finish and helps to hold my foundation even in a hot summer.
As my skin is oily, I was looking for something that doesn't melt on my face and helps to set my daily makeup. This products does the job.
PS: I was using Clinique loose powder before and it would melt around my lips.

on 4/12/2014 7:34:00 AM

The best thing about this powder is you don't even look like you are wearing powder. Very finely milled and silky smooth, good lasting power and smells yummy too. Very original packaging, I really like the concept of having four coloured powders to blend and use together and if you apply with a small enough brush it is possible to hone in on the one/one's you are after. I prefer to apply this with a small brush in small amounts and areas at a time for a flawless finish.

In summer with my slightly tanned NC15 skin this is a perfect match in No: 2 Delicate Beige. I have not worn this in winter yet but suspect that the mix of the more bronze colour may be a little too dark - will have to experiment and go with less of that.

Fun product to use and I can see it lasting a very long time, you do get a lot of product though I would be unsure of re-purchasing as it is hidi expensive!

The best loose powder I have ever used. It is expensive but lasts for about a year when used everyday by two people. It is perfect for combination skin, doesn't look caky at all, has a lovely shimmer but not too noticeable. I had this in tender sun, so I would look a bit sun- kissed. The color is absolutely perfect! I haven't noticed any break outs particularly from this product. The best thing about it is that it is very light-weight, not noticeable on the skin (only the shimmer), the particles are really small so that's why the product works well but you cannot really see it on the skin. Of course I have to mention I used only this product because I have nice skin no need for coverage so I just used it to add some color and glow so I don't really know how it works with a foundation or primer. But I would definitely buy this one again and again and again.

on 1/26/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's too dry for dry skin, same as all other powder products which will give a cakey face. I wouldn't recommend it to any people with dry skin like me. Also it has too much sparkles that doesn't look natural. I'm giving mine away.

on 9/7/2012 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in shade 4 tender sun. First off, the packaging is lovely. It has the Givenchy symbol in a pretty pink on the top. I know it shouldnt matter, but I am a stickler for nice and pretty packaging, it makes the product more appealing to use.
It has 4 different chambers with different colors. With this shade I have, there are 3 variations of bronze ranging from light to darker and one pink. When mixed together on the face they produce a very pretty fresh sun color. Its totally true to the name of this shade " tender sun" , as it looks like you have been in the sun just that day and have that bronzey just ever so slightly pink tanned face.
I am queen of the bronzers. Having a medium complexion, using sunless tanners and tanning beds, I love to accentuate my tan with bronzers and I have tried almost every one on the market, seriously. My fave bronzers are still too faced, their bronzers work the best with my skintone and their aqua bunny waterproof bronzer is awesome! This runs a close second for me.
Now for my 2 oldest daughters who are in pageants and competitive dance, this is the best!!
The color is great for them. They have a lighter coloring then I do from my hubby, we do apply sunless tanner for pageants and dance, but they still arent as dark as I am. This bronzer accenuates and deepens their tans without being fake or unbelievable. The touch of pink actually makes their tans look more natural like they have been in the sun. I use this on their faces and shoulders, chest neck etc. They are children so naturally their skin is much more delicate than an adult would be, so that is always a concern with any product I apply to them. We have been using this consistantly for a good while now with no breakouts or rashes. Its also perfect for any type of performimg because it gives a slight mattifying effect that helps the longevity of makeup application and keep down " shiny face". That said, it does not in any way leave the face dull. It is very glowy, just not dewey. We will definately continue to purchase this product!

on 8/24/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in shade 3 - sweet caramel and whilst I find that upon application my skin is soft and has a nice finish to it, usually around 4-6 hrs later, it oxidises on my skin and leaves it looking muddy and oily. I normally use clinique's blended face powder and i will continue using that instead! Its such a shame cos givenchy's packaging and texture is lovely!

Recommended for Normal Skin