Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium Edta, Parfum (Fragrance), Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht.

I am returning this today along with the foundation. This is not for people with dry skin. It made me look cakey. But the reason I gave it only 3 stars is for the packaging. If you do not plan to use a powder brush then it is hard to mix the powders together to apply to your face. And the smell is very strong.

on 6/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

$53 USD for .42 oz. You get a lot of product at this price, and you need very little so the powder should last a very long time. I purchased Color 1 Mousseline Pastel (the blue/green/white/lavender combo); Color 2 Taffetas Beige (yellow/tan combo); and Color 7 Voile Rose (Opal/Lavender/pinks combo). The texture for the powders are very, very fine - maybe even too fine - as the powders will fly around. The case is beautiful, but the actual container is horrible and the products are very hard to use. I don't like using puffs, so what I do is, with the lid closed, flip it and tap each square lightly on the side and bottom. Flip it back, and generally most of the product should end up in the lid, not the container. I swirl the brush around the lid to mix the colors then apply. You need very little and it produces a matte texture with little glow - very nice for finishing / mattifying. What I dislike: the scent is VERY heavy; powder is drying - probably due to the silica; and I hate that you can't really control the color combination.

Also, I'm a very pale Eastern Asian skin (MAC NC20/C2 or ivory in CD), and each of the color tints distinctly showed on my face.
- For Mousseline Pastel: I like this tone as the best for my face. It worked as translucent finishing powder and added a little opalescent glow. If I'm not careful though, I think it might produce a whitish cast, so I apply it very light-handed.
-For Taffetas Beige: This looks like a bronzer on me and adds very odd clay-brick-red tone. I was VERY disappointed as I thought the yellow/lighter tones would make it perfect color for me. I'll wait until later this summer when my skin gets little darker and also experiment with contouring to see how this works out. But so far, very Meeeh.
-For Voile Rose: This was just ok by me. I can't use it as a blush since it's too pale. When used as finishing powder, I think it adds weird tone to my face. I'm hoping it'll work better as a highlighter so am in the process of experimenting. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

As true makeup junkie, I'm keeping these because (1) the containers are so gorgeous; (2) the colors in the box are Very, Very pretty; and (3) it's not a totally lost cause and hasn't broken me out yet (keeping my fingers crossed as the Givenchy version of HD powder broke me out badly and these have similar ingredients though in different proportions. However, I probably would not repurchaes if I ran out.

**UPDATE** The "taffetas beige" was just too orangey-brick - red tone on my skin, so I hacked the case to dump the darker colors and so glad I did this. If you want to try it (be sure that you REALLY want to do this, as there's no going back once the deed is done): 1) Be sure the holes on top of the container (where the powder gets shaken out) are well-sealed. I did it by cleaning with alcohol and sticking on tape. 2) Put the lid back on then, flip over to peel off the label sticker on the bottom of the case. SAVE the sticker! 3) There is a single piece of plastic that seals the holes that the powder was loaded up with under the sticker. Lift off a corner of it by inserting something sharp under it, then you can take it off. Be very careful to not spill the powders! 4) You'll end up with a single piece of plastic with four round lids that seal each of the separate compartments. Cut this up so that you have 4 separate "lids" for each of the compartments. 5) I sealed up the colors that I wanted to actually use and shook out the other colors that I didn't want. 6) Put the lids back on then the sticker on top to ensure a good seal on the bottom. I'm so much happier with the product now that I can actually use it!

on 5/3/2015 9:11:00 AM

Prisme Libre Mousseline Pastel
100% translucent, no colour alteration, no white/powdery look after dusting it on, extremely thin veil that's good for setting/mattifying (e.g. after applying anything gives a dewy shine on the face like foundation/moisturiser/sunscreen/light concealer). It gives you this "just after washing face" shine free but yet NOT powder matte look.

It's zero coverage (so don't expect it to cover any spots etc), doesn't settle into lines nor show after dusting. Probably good for mature skin that tends to be dry and want a very very light powder after liquid/cream foundation. Or those who just got to dust with loose powder before heading out.

Insignificant/unnoticeable oxidation. I can't see any grey cast. Good control of shine despite its makeup function as a loose powder (i.e. setting makeup). I only had this soft shine/glow on forehead despite having t-zone oily skin after 10 hrs. I had used numerous full coverage and highly mattifying liquid/compact foundations but they all shine, and oxidise, a lot more than this loose powder! I've got sensitive skin and it doesn't clog despite me dusting on after sunscreen.

What I didn't like is only the packaging and its way of application (I'm a bit of a hygiene freak) but can't figure how to use it with a brush without spilling the powder.

First buy, and first also for a loose powder, and definitely worth it. No powders had impressed me enough for me to pay for such a price tag (compact or loose). Expensive as compared to drug store brands but comparable to other major brands (e.g. Dior, Chanel, Lancome etc). I've seen my friends' face looking white using loose powders of other brands (drug store/major brands).

on 4/20/2015 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the powder, it's setting my make up for the whole day. The packaging is pretty beautiful, although inconvenient to use.

on 3/17/2015 10:33:00 PM

The new look is much better than the old one, very chic. Even though the powder is excellent, the old packaging was cheap and ordinary. So I didn't buy it until the packaging changed.

on 10/12/2014 1:22:00 PM

I've have had a few loose powder or compact powder to set my cream foundation, but none came close to giving me something I thought could be achieved. To a point, I would thought I'm having a skin that is troubled and hard to please.

I have oily oily t zone that would require frequent blotting every few hours and the cheek and eye area that is prone to scaley dryness. It is difficult to buy a setting powder because it would either not help with my oiliness or make my skin peel. At the end of the day, my make up is always making me look tired and haggard. Not helping.

My recent visit to sephora was purely for killing time while waiting for a friend and peeping through mirrors to see my modifying oily and yet dry skin again. I came across Givenchy’s shelf and prism loose powder caught my eye. It says matt satin finish with illuminating effect. A quick run through on my phone and every reviews was great. I thought I must b nuts to fork out that amount for another powder tt I might kill myself on spending. I went ahead anyway. The product smells of flower, which many skin expert would advise us to steer clear from. I ignored that out of stubbornness.

My first application was that I hardly had any on. My make up was fresh and set but I don't notice powder. I tot I was not generous with the application and did one more round of puffing. The same. So stopped because i don't want to have a cake face. Looks perfect but I wasn't putting my hopes too high.

Lunch hour is nearing and I skipped to the loo to blot as usual. My face looked perfect and untouched.

Dinner came and my face was still looking fresh. I was truly amazed with my new purchase. I would do an update again soon. Till then, I've never loved a product so much before.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 1. In general, the product is delicate, not too shimmery and not cakey. It gives me a good finish and helps to hold my foundation even in a hot summer.
As my skin is oily, I was looking for something that doesn't melt on my face and helps to set my daily makeup. This products does the job.
PS: I was using Clinique loose powder before and it would melt around my lips.

on 4/12/2014 7:34:00 AM

The best thing about this powder is you don't even look like you are wearing powder. Very finely milled and silky smooth, good lasting power and smells yummy too. Very original packaging, I really like the concept of having four coloured powders to blend and use together and if you apply with a small enough brush it is possible to hone in on the one/one's you are after. I prefer to apply this with a small brush in small amounts and areas at a time for a flawless finish.

In summer with my slightly tanned NC15 skin this is a perfect match in No: 2 Delicate Beige. I have not worn this in winter yet but suspect that the mix of the more bronze colour may be a little too dark - will have to experiment and go with less of that.

Fun product to use and I can see it lasting a very long time, you do get a lot of product though I would be unsure of re-purchasing as it is hidi expensive!

The best loose powder I have ever used. It is expensive but lasts for about a year when used everyday by two people. It is perfect for combination skin, doesn't look caky at all, has a lovely shimmer but not too noticeable. I had this in tender sun, so I would look a bit sun- kissed. The color is absolutely perfect! I haven't noticed any break outs particularly from this product. The best thing about it is that it is very light-weight, not noticeable on the skin (only the shimmer), the particles are really small so that's why the product works well but you cannot really see it on the skin. Of course I have to mention I used only this product because I have nice skin no need for coverage so I just used it to add some color and glow so I don't really know how it works with a foundation or primer. But I would definitely buy this one again and again and again.

on 1/26/2013 5:35:00 PM

It's too dry for dry skin, same as all other powder products which will give a cakey face. I wouldn't recommend it to any people with dry skin like me. Also it has too much sparkles that doesn't look natural. I'm giving mine away.

Recommended for Normal Skin