September 18, 2014 | 1756 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by biddi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a god sent! It's the only powder that will keep me matte ALL DAY LONG no joke. It's not cakey, it doesn't flash back in photos, it doesn't cling, just amazingly light feeling matte skin all day with no issues. I'll never buy any other powder ever again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have struggled with very oily skin. Sunscreen, generously applied in the morning, also doesn't help. I buy a new loose powder to test out whenever I can. But this baby just blew me away! I use it as a finishing powder on oily areas and I can go at least 4 hours without blotting my face. I can't go more than 2 hrs with other brands.

What's special about this is that is rice starch based, with some talc thrown in there to make it easier to blend and pretty much nothing else. The texture is extremely fine. I guess this is what they call top-quality professional-grade. Not cheap but I will gladly pay that. In the winter I will just go back to the loose face powder by Marcelle, a local Canadian brand. That is also great.

The packaging is simple but heavyweight. It contains 30g which should last a very long time. I recommend this if you have very oily skin. But if applied very lightly it could work for other people on key areas as well. If you have always struggled with shine this is a powder in which you should invest. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sisforsteph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I loved Kryolan's Translucent Powder (have hailed it as a Holy Grail product) but this... THIS baby is part of my forever makeup family. All the things I loved about the Translucent powder, but a lot more mattifying power. Amazing price for the amount you receive, as you only need the tiniest amount. Works perfectly on my sensitive, reddened, combination oil-slick-like skin. Packing is ughhhh, ugly and bulky so super annoying to travel with. Also I recommend only perforating a few of the holes through the sticker, because trust me if you just rip the sticker completely off, one wrong move and it'll seem like that scene from Scarface with the the piles of cocaine everywhere! I use my Real Techniques multi-task brush to apply sparingly. I highly highly recommend any oily-skinned ladies (or gentlemen) to try this out. I believe you can find it in specialised theatre cosmetics shops and online.

You're welcome ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

This definitely performs better than MAC's Blot Powder and Black Opal's Oil Blocking powder. My face is indeed a greaseball, especially in the summer. However, even though this does better, my face still gets super greasy within 2-3 hours. I like though, that this has a smoother consistency and application than MAC or Black Opal (which I keep in my purse on the go). I find that this is most effective when paired with a makeup setting spray (like Victoria's Secret Face Prime). Unless you're an exceptional case like me though, this product should take away shine and keep it away very effectively. In fact, it may even cause dry patches for those with skin on the drier side. Yes, the packaging takes a bit of time to get used to. It's just a twist jar lid with a powder puff sitting over the sifter. If you remove the whole sticker from the sifter (when it's brand new), you'll find that the powder just spills everywhere super easily. I actually trim the sticker so that 3/4ths of the the sifter holes are covered and this helps control the amount of powder released much better. If you didn't have luck with MAC or Black Opal, this may be the answer to your troubles. Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hotpa2d

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I would throw in a review for this fabulous product I have been using for a while. I have oily skin, and am forever on the lookout for new powders and miracle products! Well, this comes pretty darn close....after experimenting with it, my favorite way to use this is to sprinkle a little on top of my all-time fave Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder (in Light/Medium) and apply with powder puff. Pretty darn shine-free and flawless most of the day. Now a staple on my vanity table. Highly recommended!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Kryolan as a brand as find some of there products excellent quality and value, however I can't say this product worked for me, I get a very oily t-zone and this powder had no real benefits or staying power over other brands that I have used. Currently my favourite is the amazingly cheap Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent from Boots, looks scarily orange in the pot but goes on fine and controls my oil the best I have found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Indigo1707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin used to be very dry, but I started a new medication that started to make it more on the combination side, and my nose area started to get quite oily. This has become my setting powder of choice. I could see why it may give others a greyish or white cast if applied too liberally, but because my skin is ghostly white already, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me. I find this powder controls oil much better than any other powder I have tried, and I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Where has this been all my life? especially in my teens- this would have been so lovely to have. Oily ladies, this product is a miracle. Your makeup will look freshly applied all day, and who doesn't want that? I have been devoted to MAC Blot Powder for about a year, however- I would hit pan within a month with daily usage. I was tired of always repurchasing it- and decided to try this out. Firstly, you get so much product! I only paid $16.00 online for this (from CRC cosmetics with my MUA discount) and I cannot be happier. After priming, I apply this before my face makeup. After foundation and concealer I apply this with a cotton puff, concentrating on my T-zone. I do find this leaves a very slight white cast- but afterwards I follow through with MAC Studio Fix Powder, or Physicians Formula Talc-Free powder (since they have pigmentation) I then spritz with Fix + and apply a bit more on my T-zone again (I wouldn't rec. this unless you get very oily) .....then I'm set :) I get 8-9 hrs of wear with this, and that's when my skin starts to look 'dewy' not oily and shiny. At the dewy stage, I'm usually back at home for the day- but when I wanted to see what would happen- at 11 hrs of wear, I only needed a light touch up (but again, it looked more dewy) .....I am beyond thrilled with this product, and I would highly suggest to anyone who has to deal with oil, or if you simply want that freshly applied look all day. I still have my Blot Powder, but only keep it in my purse as my compact :P and if I might have to touch up on a summery day. The only downside to the product is the packaging, its not convenient to take with you- but you honestly don't need to. An amazing gem <3

*Update*

I just wanted to add that this stuff is still working for me, and is truly life changing- might sound a bit cheesy since its makeup, but it truly did. I love how this product will make my foundation last ALL DAY. I can apply my makeup at 9am, and by 6pm I am not the least bit oily. I never have to touch up anymore, which saves me money. I used to have to buy a MAC Blot powder 1X a month, and it still wasn't anywhere near as amazing as this :) I truly wish I had this all these years- the amount of $$ I spent on primers, and 'long lasting' foundations- it must be hundreds. I can use any primer now, and not get oily at all. Ladies, you must try this if you battle with oily skin- it will not let you down!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product would last a life time! it does really help with the shine. I believe no product can stop the shine completely but this one really extend the time that i stay matte for longer hours. it feels like starch, but very light weight and doesnt leave your skin white.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by missusmona

Where would I be without it! Definitely HG stuff right here. The sheer amount you get in a jar is just crazy for the price ($25 from eBay). Very simple, it does what it says it does and keeps on keeping on with the oil absorption for most of the day. Best applied with the velvet puff it comes with, pressing it into your t-zone, applying with a brush will only give a light oil control effect for the rest of the ace if needed.

If you have oily skin you NEED to buy this. Nothing does it better than this product!