April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - translucent Face Powder in Sienna

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kayesade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark skin womens dream..ladies that want that flawless, poreless matte look need to locate their nearest theaterical costume store or ebay, ie, Norcostco in Dallas.I use it as a setting powder and with a damp brush I use it as a highlighter. I will always use this over expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by leeyathatsme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow So glad i discovered this powder it sets my foundation BEAUTIFULY. the thing i love is that (sienna) it is a true warm brown powder!!!!! not orangey not yellowish, nor reddish just a true warm brown i love it.
***Edit*****
it seems like im loving this powder more and more, it just always acts right never sometimey ;) thanks Ben Nye

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blend foundations shades to get a perfect match for the complexion and top with translucent powder. I have used BenNye neutral set for some time now. Sienna is a medium-dark (coco) warm brown. I do think it will work for most medium-dark to deep brown ethnic skintones. Nice addition to my makeup kit. On par with all BN powders. Cost $8 for 3.5 oz shaker jar.