December 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Lavender Silk Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SO! I have oily skin but the last time I went to Tangs in Singapore they had run out of the Citrus Silk Dust so I got the Lavender instead. And guess what? It works EXACTLY THE SAME, because it is EXACTLY THE SAME. This is my everyday translucent powder that I wear over some spot concealer. It doesn't break me out, doesn't look unnatural and keeps an oily girl looking composed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure about this powder at first, and it was sitting on my draw for a while until I re-discovered it. I thought the smell of lavender was a bit too overpowering. BUT: I started using it again at some point on top of the D&G Perfect matte liquid foundation, and it really does miracles on my skin: The smell disappears completely, and my pores also disappear! It doesn't break me out at all (great!) and it keeps me matte all day! The packaging is so much better than that of other loose powders I have (Clinique's is not very good, Chanel's slightly better) as it keeps the powder in place in the pot and you don't end up in a mess! I didn't think I would say this, but I think I will actually re-purchase this once I run out! It has replaced Clinique's loose powder for me (which I thought was the best) mainly because this has no colour (it's completely transparent) and it doesn't mess with the makeup you wear underneath (like Clinique's does...)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Troysy

I love the lavender powder. Better than the MUFE fine finishing powder and Chanel's. not totally oil absorbing all day but sets makeup nicely and a true translucent that won't cake or oxidise foundation colour.

Lovely, lovely, lovely,

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by skysurfer11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 2: IF you're on the hunt for a product to keep oily skin at bay, try Murad, I just got it after reading a number of reviews and it seems very promising

UPDATE: I forgot to mention why I like this product...it sets the makeup real nice, makes it look natural and matte but not too matte (that's how I like it). I use it with the little pad it came with, not with a Kabuki brush...I have no idea what those are or where to buy one

I own the Rose edition because it's the only one the store had and I don't have a credit card to order anything online....

I bought this product because I have oily skin...I use it as a primer. The only make up I wear is eye shadow to contour my nose. I've always had a complex about my nose, it's just too big for my face, As soon as I came across a youtube video showing how to contour the nose, I was sold (to make up haha!). The guy in the video used mac sculpt duo and shape so I went out and bought that. Basically it's two eye shadow colours, one darker for contouring/shading, and one lighter for highlighting. I noticed that after the make up was applied, my t zone would become really oily after like an hour or two. And after two hours I have to blot my nose EVERY HOUR! It doesn't help that I have class and that I'm a university student! This product did not provide me a fix for this. However, now when I do blot my nose the blotting paper doesn't pick up that much oil so I guess it does work to some extent.

CAN anyone recommend anything to combat this oily skin? Could it be the MAC eye shadow? I'm always hearing terrible things about mac.

I just started exfoliating for the first time. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub once a week. I also use Netrogena oil free cleanser and moisturizer.

This product smells nice and does help out a little, but I would say that it's too pricey for what it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by kablooie38

*UPDATE*
After using this for awhile, I noticed that it doesn't do a whole lot to actually control oil. It is a nice finishing powder to help calm your skin but that's all it's really done for me. It is gentle, soothing and has a nice smell but I probably won't purchase it again after my compact is finished.

I saw this featured in Lucky magazine so I decided to give it a try.

The powder is a great product for controlling the appearance of excess oil. The SA who helped me noted that some people expect the powder to stop excessive oil production all together but that's not what it does (nothing can do that, in my experience). Even though the package says that the Lavender is for controlling dryness/dry skin, it works great on my oily/combination skin. Jurlique also makes a Citrus silk dust for oily skin but there's really no difference in how the products work although the SA did mention that the Citrus slightly irritated her eyes.

My current regimen for controlling oil is: in the mornings, I wash my face and let dry. Then I apply Metrogel (a really soothing antibacterial gel, by prescription only), Korres Pomegranate moisturizer, and then dust the Lavender powder all over. Then my face is prepped for whatever makeup. It's done a great job of minimizing oil and soothing my skin. It's not a miracle product (don't expect a matte face after a long day of work and partying) but it's the best I've tried so far. Plus the smell is nice.

The packaging has been changed from the white jar with gold lid to a larger tub-compact that has a flip top. I think the new packaging looks much better (like something Prescriptives would design). My only complaint is that I have to tap the sides of the tub for the powder to come up and it sometimes puffs up everywhere like a little white cloud.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow- this stuff is truly amazing for shine control. the smell is wonderful, just feels so nice going on your face! smooth and silky - it mattifies and keeps you from shining all day! i'm truly amazed, this blows my MAC blot loose powder out of the water. the white color made me a bit leary-- but it does go on translucent and does not make me look like a mime- perhaps in pictures? we'll see. but for daytime at the office this stuff over my tinted oil free moisturizer is working out great for me. i got mine on ebay for about half of the list price of $28. so to make a long story short: GREAT STUFF! TRY IT! YOU'LL LIKE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by kristina_145

Jurlique Lavender Silk dust is a life saver for anyone who gets an oily t-zone. I just dust it lightly over the area and i don't get shiny in the middle of the day anymore. It smells nice too. You only need a tiny bit and the tub is a generous size, so you wont be running out of for a long time. You can also use it under your arms and it seems to work well there too. A fabulous product from an Australian company :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This is identical to the Rose Silk Dust, which I recently used up after nearly a year of ownership (tempering the initial sticker shock), but with an authentic lavender scent that is wonderful--it makes powdering one's face so much more enjoyable. The company claims that the Rose is better for dry skin and the Lavender is better for oily/acne-prone skin, but I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference. Does a wonderful job of keeping my combination skin pretty matte all day (I still need to blot at some point in the afternoon, particularly in warmer, more humid weather). It looks snow white in the tub, but is actually very finely-milled (hence, "dust") and does not "whiten" my AAB skin or make it look chalky. This may seem like a fairly hefty investment upfront (about $28) to those who are used to drugstore prices, but my last jar lasted me for about nine months! Comes in a hefty, rather plain-looking white ceramic jar with a sifter and a cheesy gold plastic lid. For the price, I think they could upgrade their packaging and make it a bit prettier. But otherwise, this is an excellent product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No