December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Loose Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Leialilly

Bobbi Brown loose powder is a beautifully sheer and perfecting setting powder. The colour match for me is what is so perfect about it, I have 1 pale yellow and am a Mac NC20. You wouldn't think it would matter so much in a sheer powder but the yellow undertone in this matches my skin and foundation colour so well. This has blown my other loose powders Chanel poudre universelle and Laura Mercier loose powder out of the water!
I have dry skin yet it is acnegenic and I have no problems with this blocking my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I received a sample recently of Bobbi Brown's - Sheer Finish Loose Powder in soft sand. Iím really impressed with this product. It retails for over $50 and while Iíve never spent that much on powder, it's true that you get what you pay for.
I like how itís very finely milled, sheer and thus natural-looking. The soft sand shade has a soft yellow tone to give your skin warmth, rather than making you look like you have dunked your face in talc like a lot of loose powders do. It goes on smooth and doesn't change the colour of my foundation no matter what brand I used, it actually makes it look better, the finish is perfect.

I absolutely love this powder and will be buying it in the future. 5 Stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Yuccazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my fourth box of powder in pale yellow. It provides very natural coverage and has a velvety finish. Beautiful makeup though that comes with a price. Outside of air conditioning environment, my T zone shines after a few hours. Otherwise, perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this loose powder on & off for years. I have it in the color Pale Yellow. I am a MAC NC25, light skin- pale, warm neutral w/ slight yellowish tones in my skin. I also have some pink on my cheeks and around my nose. Pale Yellow tones down the pink and also matches other parts of my face perfectly so it's a "win win" for me. I do find that this powder tends to oxidize a tad on me and I think it's less finely milled than my other favorite powder, LM Loose Translucent, so I wouldn't say it's HG but it's an excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

Lovely powder - has a soft yellow tone so gives your skin warmth, rather than making you look like you have dunked your face in talc like a lot of loose powders do. Very fine, kept my skin pretty matte for most if the day and didn't clog my pores. I have medium fair skin and the 'Soft Sand' shade suits me perfectly. Would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by superxuexi

I have been using the Loose Powder in Pale Yellow for years and am in love with it. Yes - it did SUCK that they raised the price 400%. And yes - it sucks even more that I'm so dependent on it.

My skin is a NIGHTMARE to deal with. It's oily, it's acne prone, and it's highly sensitive. I am constantly looking for products that provide enough coverage without weighting my skin down. This powder does exact that. I always finish up by applying a light coat over my daily CC cream. It evens out my skin tone and creates a matte finish.

To be honest, when I found Bobbi Brown's Loose Powder, I didn't even bother trying out any other products, to there might very well be a better product out there. But for many, like myself, once you discover this product, you just stop - because it's that great. It sucks that the price went up so high, but my last tub lasted me over 6 months (maybe even closer to a year, since I don't even remember the last time I purchased it), so it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually skimp when I find a product I love but it is very annoying that the price of this product keeps going up, while the quantity seems to be going down!!
Having said that I keep going back to this powder because I haven't found anything better shade-wise. I use Soft Sand over my BB Warm Natural foundation or just over moisturiser; my skin tends to turn powders darker so it's a perfect match. The Warm Natural powder seems a little less yellow and looked dull on my skin.
In summer I mix the Soft Sand with some Chanel loose powder in Dore to warm it up, and carry the pressed powder in Soft Sand for touch ups.
The container could do with going back to R&D. The holes in the sifter are too small for the powder to easily come through, so I end up shaking the thing too hard and end up with way too much.
The powder is very finely milled and only a small amount is needed. A tub lasts me about 6-7 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 4 years. It was the first powder I found that didn't break me out, looked natural and light, and was a good shade (soft sand). I have it in both the loose and pressed powder compacts. The loose powder with a large brush I find spreads more easily and lightly to set foundation, but the pressed is infinitely more user friendly to take out, and smaller. I love this product. I couldn't recommend it enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

I have this in both the soft sand and warm natural as my colour throughout the year changes with my daily activities. I live in a humid, tropical climate and I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.

I use this to set my foundation (BB foundation stick) and the colour matches my face to a T (F?). It is also does not make me breakout like most other powders. It does control shine and goes on very lightly without looking cakey. I find this applies best with a big fluffy brush (don't know what it's called. Just know it's soft and from sephora). Given the type of environments I'm in (in and out of humid 30'C++ and dry, air-conditioned 18'C - 25'C environments) this powder holds up well in keeping my shine in check, while not making my skin look dry and flat.

This works better for me than the pressed powder, but I'm not sure if it's due to the formulation or application. I use the provided pad for the pressed powder.

My only gripe with this is the packaging. It doesn't come with an internal twist cover that would block the holes and thus prevent product from spilling all over the inside. You will have to tap is right-side up to make sure most of the powder goes back into the pot before you open the lid. Especially if you carry this around with you and this does gymnastics in your bag. If you don't tap/ sift the powder back, you will encounter a foundation bomb when you unscrew the lid. True story. Be forewarned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by sharr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this powder! I like how its sheer and thus natural-looking. It also doesn't break me out (i am very very acne-prone) which makes me love it even more! I used to get it in pale yellow which really matches my yellow undertones, but i recently switched to soft sand which gives me a healthy-looking tan without overdoing it. It also mattifies and sets my concealer (i usually don't wear foundation). If i were to state what i don't like about this product, it would be the packaging. It can get really messy if I'm not careful and i don't want to spill it because its rather expensive. But that's about it. I love everything else about it!!

P.S. I have just purchased BB sheer finish pressed powder to overcome the packaging downside. I hope it works as great and doesn't break me out!