Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder

4.1

Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Zeolite, Nylon-12, Pei10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Methylparaben, Proplparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain Mica, Yellow Six Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Blue 1 Lake, Manganese Violet, Red Lake 30, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 34 Lake, Ultramarines, Red 7 Lake

on 7/25/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've had this powder in Pale Yellow for close to a year now and I can't say I've been extremely impressed with it. It does have a natural finish, but it has NO oil absorbing properties and doesn't do anything to blur my red patches like the Bobbi Brown SA said it would. The worst part about it is that although it doesn't look strange on my NC15 skin when I apply it in the morning, in a few hours it looks quite obviously yellow. I've given it another chance recently, but with the same results. If you're fair-skinned and interested in trying this, I would recommend staying away from the yellow color and testing it first in translucent. However, I think you could get a much better translucent powder for much less than this outrageously-priced powder.

on 4/24/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This powder clogged my pores. Usually I am careful not to purchase anything that contains talc or mica, so I am not sure why I decided to give it a try as this powder contain TALC! Almost all powders and blushes (including BB) contain talc. Ingredients like mica and talc becomes caught inside the pores, enlarging it for good, and therefore make your skin prone to breakouts.

on 2/26/2015 5:09:00 AM

I just tried this product and so far I'm lovin it. I have acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out. I'm an Asian and I got the Pale Yellow. The color matches my skin and it gives me a nice result. I like how it makes my oily zone looks matte and it stays longer than I thought. I like the packaging, just in the perfect size. However I would be happier if it comes in a cheaper price.

on 10/27/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bobbi Brown loose powder is a beautifully sheer and perfecting setting powder. The colour match for me is what is so perfect about it, I have 1 pale yellow and am a Mac NC20. You wouldn't think it would matter so much in a sheer powder but the yellow undertone in this matches my skin and foundation colour so well. This has blown my other loose powders Chanel poudre universelle and Laura Mercier loose powder out of the water!
I have dry skin yet it is acnegenic and I have no problems with this blocking my skin at all.

on 4/15/2014 6:45:00 AM

I received a sample recently of Bobbi Brown's - Sheer Finish Loose Powder in soft sand. Iím really impressed with this product. It retails for over $50 and while Iíve never spent that much on powder, it's true that you get what you pay for.
I like how itís very finely milled, sheer and thus natural-looking. The soft sand shade has a soft yellow tone to give your skin warmth, rather than making you look like you have dunked your face in talc like a lot of loose powders do. It goes on smooth and doesn't change the colour of my foundation no matter what brand I used, it actually makes it look better, the finish is perfect.

I absolutely love this powder and will be buying it in the future. 5 Stars.

on 1/22/2014 1:29:00 AM

This is my fourth box of powder in pale yellow. It provides very natural coverage and has a velvety finish. Beautiful makeup though that comes with a price. Outside of air conditioning environment, my T zone shines after a few hours. Otherwise, perfect.

on 12/27/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this loose powder on & off for years. I have it in the color Pale Yellow. I am a MAC NC25, light skin- pale, warm neutral w/ slight yellowish tones in my skin. I also have some pink on my cheeks and around my nose. Pale Yellow tones down the pink and also matches other parts of my face perfectly so it's a "win win" for me. I do find that this powder tends to oxidize a tad on me and I think it's less finely milled than my other favorite powder, LM Loose Translucent, so I wouldn't say it's HG but it's an excellent product.

on 11/18/2013 3:47:00 PM

Lovely powder - has a soft yellow tone so gives your skin warmth, rather than making you look like you have dunked your face in talc like a lot of loose powders do. Very fine, kept my skin pretty matte for most if the day and didn't clog my pores. I have medium fair skin and the 'Soft Sand' shade suits me perfectly. Would purchase again.

on 8/27/2013 1:52:00 AM

I have been using the Loose Powder in Pale Yellow for years and am in love with it. Yes - it did SUCK that they raised the price 400%. And yes - it sucks even more that I'm so dependent on it.

My skin is a NIGHTMARE to deal with. It's oily, it's acne prone, and it's highly sensitive. I am constantly looking for products that provide enough coverage without weighting my skin down. This powder does exact that. I always finish up by applying a light coat over my daily CC cream. It evens out my skin tone and creates a matte finish.

To be honest, when I found Bobbi Brown's Loose Powder, I didn't even bother trying out any other products, to there might very well be a better product out there. But for many, like myself, once you discover this product, you just stop - because it's that great. It sucks that the price went up so high, but my last tub lasted me over 6 months (maybe even closer to a year, since I don't even remember the last time I purchased it), so it's worth the money.

on 8/26/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't usually skimp when I find a product I love but it is very annoying that the price of this product keeps going up, while the quantity seems to be going down!!
Having said that I keep going back to this powder because I haven't found anything better shade-wise. I use Soft Sand over my BB Warm Natural foundation or just over moisturiser; my skin tends to turn powders darker so it's a perfect match. The Warm Natural powder seems a little less yellow and looked dull on my skin.
In summer I mix the Soft Sand with some Chanel loose powder in Dore to warm it up, and carry the pressed powder in Soft Sand for touch ups.
The container could do with going back to R&D. The holes in the sifter are too small for the powder to easily come through, so I end up shaking the thing too hard and end up with way too much.
The powder is very finely milled and only a small amount is needed. A tub lasts me about 6-7 months.