October 23, 2014 | 1813 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the brand but the powder not so much. It made me look cakey and it didn't last long. Oh and it doesn't spread; the powder just stays concentrated on the area where my brush first touched my face. Better loose powders out there :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Love this powder. I used it with a round makeup sponge to apply. I really like the coverage and look that this gives to the skin. Allow it to set in while you do the rest of your makeup and it starts to mix with your skins oils and makes it look beautiful. I wish they had more shades though because none of these match me well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by thatssodeming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

love this. I switched over from bare minerals due to cost, and I must say I like this better then any other brand names I have tried. its lightweight and sets my makeup beautifully without having to worry about it breaking me out or clogging my pores. I am a make-up artist and actually bought all shades to use in my makeup kit. it works perfectly for the airbrushed look and looks amazing in photographs! love it! will never use anything else! Why fix something thats not broken!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I attempted to use this as a powder a few years back but it made my skin look incredibly dry/cakey and I have oily skin! So I put it away and have now come to find it works amazingly as a finishing powder. I tried others but they're lack of pigment made me look ashy. So this one is perfect! It isn't very pigmented but that's what makes it great over foundation.
Oh and the brush is a definite joke haha :) just toss it and use a different one

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by limoncandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this as a setting powder for years, it does not cake up but would not use this as foundation. It is not pigmented enough. It will accentuate dry skin. Overall I like it, I have sensitive acne prone skin, and this does not cause me any problems. The container is great for a loose powder, the brush on the other hand not so great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by GrantMichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

omg haha this was my loreal mattique (like the most helpful reviewer had) in high school... always at my locker, though as staying power was an issue. still overall great foundation, might go pick some up to take a trip down memory lane (and now its summer, im oily again!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is quite expensive for a 'drugstore' brand. It is pretty much equal to some Clinique makeup here. Other than that, it is truly a top quality item. The silly brush is there for show. Still, brands like Dior and Chanel pull the same gimmick, so I wouldn't dock a point for that. I use it to set my foundation/concealer (lightly) and build it up under eyes (gradually) or use it to sweep away eye makeup fallout. It is spectacular. I took off a point because the price is high for drugstore, the colours are too limited (Translucent Medium is not exactly right for me), and I haven't used it long enough to have any idea about sensitivity. If it causes breakouts as so many ppl here have mentioned, I will update.

->It has fine sheen running through it (finer than the Chanel powder imo)
->With the right brush and technique, I think most people who can find a match would like it.
-->Some higher end loose powders like Elizabeth Arden's, are so jet-milled, so fine, that they're great for mature skin. This one is ALMOST there, not quite. It's very fine, but if wrinkles/lines are an issue, I might recommend some HE powders instead.
-->If you build it up (swirling on in 2 or more layers), you will DESPERATELY need highlighter/blush, to not look like a doll. The coverage is good!
->Staying powder is better than my other powders that I own (Wet n Wild, Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Bare Minerals). Hot summer day-->lasted hours. I still touched up afterwards, for the 'PERFECTLY' made-up doll look, but it looked naturally perfect for hours without touch-up.
->Clinique Almost Powder is better for a true 'foundation' type powder, to be used on its own, because it offers more coverage. However, it looks cakey easily, so it is best for solo usage. PF is good for those who wanna keep using their regular base.
->Melds into the skin after a few minutes. Looks light/airy/translucent, not cakey.
->Totally airbrushes away my pores
->Be careful not to breathe it in :(
-->I LOVE the packaging. Also, tip! Ecotools Retractable Kabuki, take off the top>>pour some of the PF powder into it-->put the lid back onto the kabuki brush-->VOILA! on-the-go powder in your brush without having to take the actual container with you everywhere!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Prznbreeze

I'm surprised this foundation doesn't have better reviews. I've been using it for a few years after switching from bare minerals and have loved it. In the last few months leading up to my wedding, I was searching for a foundation that could beat this one. I have tried: makeup forever HD foundation, Almay clear complexion, revlon color stay, tarte Amazonian clay, cover fx liquid foundation, Laura mercier silk creme, Vichy dermablend, physicians formula liquid foundation, becca liquid foundation, bare minerals liquid foundation, and Laura mercier mineral makeup. None of these foundations have been as good as the physicians formula mineral foundation! The coverage by itself is medium but I wear the physicians formula concealer RX under it (it's amazing) and wear the loose powder on top. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup and it's full coverage. Also, I have very sensitive acne-prone skin and I don't break out wearing this. If you look at the ingredients and compare it to other foundations, you'll notice it contains a lot less ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by luisajiron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love! This product is great for young women who are not looking for full/max coverage. It feels great on the skin (does not feel cakey or as if you're over doing your foundation) and does a great job of keeping a young, healthy glow. Works best with a primer or moisturizer to last all day. I do not find the smell to be disturbing however the packaging isn't the greatest & the applicator they provide is horrible!! I highly recommend to high school students & teens. It also works fab on top of a bb cream for a little extra coverage & glow!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by BigPrimpin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite way to apply this is onto bare skin using my Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush. I wear this powder on casual days when I don't need much sunscreen. Once buffed in, it reminds me of Bare Minerals, but I find the coverage superior. As suggested by other reviewers, I poured my powder into a better container. I gave 2 lippies for packaging since that's easy enough to do.

Nutshell:
*Natural finish, has a soft sheen, evens out complexion
*Very affordable/amount for the price at $11 (+/-) for 14 g
*Most importantly, the brush seems to make the biggest difference in application. Buildable coverage with thorough buffing
*Color selection could be more varied (especially for deeper skintones)

*Shade Update: After noticing some oxidization with Buff Beige, I found a better color match with Translucent Medium. While TM appears more pink toned, it buffs out to a truer beige and does not turn darker/orange.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No