April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Spiralunix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best drug store powder I have ever used. I bought some last summer and used it for the first time when I got pretty sun burnt on my face. Just a few layers completely hid the red, evened out my tone, and you could still see my freckles underneath, it looked like i had no make up on!
Pros:
-This gives me just enough coverage to minimize pores (I have huge ones)
-covers up minor flaws and small pimples, yet keep my skin looking like real skin as opposed to looking fake or cakey
-There are tiny little sparkles that can be seen in the powder also that do not show up on the face as sparkles, but blend to give me a beautiful, healthy glow.
-My skin is relatively oily, VERY sensitive, and mildly acne prone-this powder never irritated my skin or broke it out-in fact the condition of my skin has improved since using this.
Cons:
-Smells really weird and gross (can't smell it once it is on face though)
-Very messy-powder flies everywhere, rubs off on clothing
-Does little to control oil
-Crappy packaging
-Brush it comes with sucks-very horrible to apply. I use my own sigma brush to apply

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ViolinistRita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why do some reviewer rave about this!?!? This product is terrible! Horrible! It comes off cakey and the brush is so hard!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

I have been using Physician's formula for about 5 years now...no joke. I HATE liquid foundation because it always breaks me out, and always dries out my skin, or makes it look un-natural. I have also tried switching to other powders (loose and pressed) due to the somewhat expensive price of physician's formula....but I ALWAYS go back to this product. All other powders seem to look too un-natural for me, either making me look cakey, taking away too much of my undertones, and drying out my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer. This product seems to work well for both seasons. I have to reapply only once, but that's not for about 6 hours, which is good enough for me. I usually have to reapply every 2 hours with other powders.

My skin:
VERY acne prone
light with yellow undertones
dries easily
Shade I use for this product: Soft ivory

I gave it 4 stars only because I wouldn't say it's PERFECT, but it is the only powder I will use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mermaidprincess1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at shoppers a few months ago, and from what I can remember it was a little pricey for a drugstore powder. The packaging isn't the greatest. But I do find it evens out my skin tone a lot, and looks really natural on me. It doesn't give me that powdery look on my face which i enjoy a lot. considering most powders tend to make my nose look more dry and cracked then it actually is. The brush is pretty much useless. I wish the coverage was a bit better. I have to flip the powder upside down with the lid closed to get powder to come out, and it can get a little messy at times. So I guess it's safe to say you end up wasting a lot of product. But the powder itself is nice. It feels light on my skin, I find a lot of the other powders at the drugstore feel a lot heavier on my skin. I like using it on it's own if I'm having a bad breakout, or my skin is really dehydrated. I have used this powder previously in the past on my face when I had peeling red scaley looking skin during the winter months (seriously my skin looked awful) and I used this powder and my ex had actually commented that my skin looked a lot better after applying the foundation. He couldn't even tell I was wearing foundation. I just wish the foundation was cheaper, therefore I probably won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by missmiseryxo

There is a review a few below this one that claims this powder has a low rating on EWG-- this is not the case (its rating is 7- pretty high). If you are looking for a PF loose powder with a lower rating, check out the loose powder from the PF Organic Wear line-- its been discontinued in stores but is still available on iHerb.

I really liked this powder until I saw its rating on EWG. It had good coverage and was long lasting, the translucent medium shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging was my only issue while using it, as I didn't care for the dome top.

I purchased it in my quest to make my make up more natural, and foolishly thinking that because it was made by PF, it would be more natural than other brands. Once I looked it up I saw that it was not the case, but it's my fault since I should have looked it up before purchasing. If you aren't concerned with its ratings or ingredients, it's a good drugstore mineral powder-- but since the organic wear is of comparable quality, why not try that instead?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rrosanno

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have tried several different mineral powder foundations (Zuzu Luxe, Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Mineral Fusion, etc.) but I always come back to Physician's Formula. This product offers great coverage, my skin loves it, and it is cost effective. My only complaints are that the product is messy and shade options are limited. I would only buy the airbrushed one, but most stores only carry 2 shade choices of the airbrushed powder. However, Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder works well too! It is my go to powder. I have been using it (and returning to this product after other powders fail) for the last 7 years!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have bought a lot of this stuff. For one thing, I was looking for products on the EWG website that had less chemicals and hopefully a better sunscreen in it, which this one does have! To boot, the product itself is wonderful. To be honest, I don't use this as just a foundation. I like a very full coverage look so I put my foundation on then put this on top lightly. It doesn't look cakey at all and I have gotten compliments from many make up artists as well! Not to toot own horn. And I say that because my skin is just meh with out foundation/powder. This really ties the whole look together and I use it everyday. Packaging is just whatever, the brush that comes with it sucks lol. I actually transfer the powder into an old empty Bare Minerals jar (and I don't use that stuff at all anymore). You get a lot for your money I think, I just think the jar is so big for my already cram packed make up bag which is fine to have extra! For about 12 bucks you can't go wrong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by EmilyRaymond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my FAVOURITE foundation ever. I bought this when my skin was going through an awful breakout and I have never switched. This is a very light coverage foundation which I am a huge fan of, but if you're going for a full coverage look, this is not for you. You can still see my freckles when I wear this. There is no way this foundation is going to be cakey on you unless you put WAY too much on. I love how this foundation is kinda glowy because there is nothing I hate more than completely matte skin. It also layers well with additional powder products - I use blush, highlight, and bronzer to contour and it all blends seamlessly. It won't look built up and cakey unless you don't blend. This is beautiful for a natural look and lasts forever. I've had mine for 8 months and I haven't even used a quarter of it. The best method of applying this is to LIGHTLY get some powder on your brush, tap off the excess, apply onto your face with a circular motion and then blend until it sinks in.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Cars4560

I bought this product because it is advertised as a loose powder that wears like a foundation. This appealed to me because I have dry, sensitive/acne-prone skin and can't wear greasy liquid foundations. However, despite it being "talc-free" it is not a good product for acne-prone or sensitive skin. I found it was a bit cakey and after only a couple hours of wear, my skin felt very greasy. I also started to get a few pimples on my forehead after wearing it.

Therefore, if you have sensitive, acne-prone skin I would not buy this product, I would use a matte powder with a kabuki brush in place of foundation.

The price of this product is definitely too high for what you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by durbavil9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very uneven skin, and before my mother gave me this product to try, I'd never worn anything but heavily applied liquid foundations to help, and most of the time, even those couldn't help my skin.

I think I've found my new HG product!

I don't have particularly oily skin, but often by the end of the working day, my makeup will usually have become a bit more opaque looking. With this powder, I wore it for eight hours straight, and it barely budged, even around my t-zone and under my eyes which is quite impressive! If anything, my face only looked better as the day went on.

Now my gripes about the product...

It seemed too light for about 10 minutes after application, before it settled down. I've found that this happens with many of my products, so it wasn't surprising, but may be to other people who are new to powders.

Also the brush. Oh, how I do hate the brush. It was rough, and scratchy, and irritating, and I threw it out immediately. I have my own set of nice brushes, but I figured it'd be nice to have a small brush like that for traveling. Nope! I think I'll stick to my soft eco-tools powder brushes from now on thank you very much!

The powder itself is a great product, so if you have a beef with the packaging, I recommend moving it to a different container, it's worth it!