April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Problem Cuticle Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for at least 2 yrs. Don't remember how much I paid bc this tube has lasted that long. Love this! I do my nails myself once every week or two. After filing/trimming length, I squeeze a bit on the base of each finger/toe nail cuticle and then spread with an orange stick. I leave it on for 3 min (they say between 2 - 8 min) then push with a cuticle stick, wash off and it is then so easy to trim my cuticles. I then file, buff and polish. This product really makes my manicure/pedicure. People are surprised when they learn I have done my manicure/pedi myself, commenting that it looks so 'professional'. I used to use the older version, that looked like green gel with little green dots suspended in it. I guess they replaced that with this. I loved the original too, but wasn't disappointed with the replacement. I'm always worried this will disappear from stores.
I haven't ever used a 'cuticle remover' for the purpose of having the cuticle dissolve away. Anyone who has, and is wanting that would not find that this serves that purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by kelliechevron

I was hoping this product would dissolve cuticles but it didn't, it softened them a little bit maybe (but I feel like rubbing any moisturiser in for 5 mins would do the same thing). Once I pushed them back I was left with lots of excess dead skin (gross, sorry) which I was tempted to cut. I could have done this after a bath or shower using no product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This was just okay for me. I've never used a cuticle remover before, but since I grew my nails out after chewing them all my life I've actually liked painting them and taking care of them. I applied this to my cuticles then pushed them back with an orange stick. I do like how gentle this was on my nails and how soft they felt after, but I feel like that's the opposite of what this is supposed to do. It didn't really last long at all, I found that after a few days my cuticles would move up and I'd end up with polish underneath them somehow. I'm going to use what I have but won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product. It softened my cuticles so that they weren't so hard throughout the week. I actually do have "problem cuticles." I see in the reviews, some people say it is comparable to soaking nails in warm water. This may be true, but water doesn't moisturize. Water will just make your cuticles easy to cut. I can tell the difference between this and the instant cuticle remover by Sally Hansen.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by na2r4

I actually like this. I used this on my toes and fingernails today, rubbed it on, where there was still a little residue left over and then waited about 5 mins. Using the orange sticks i rubbed the cream in a little more which helped the dead skin come off and the rest I pushed back. They looked very neat, I did make sure to use a cuticle oil after washing the remaining cream off. I would recommend it for a quick at home pedi-mani, gives you a nice base to do your thing. Definitely use a moisturising cuticle oil after though.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by katherine9i9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was such a waste of money, like the other reviews say, it's just as good as soaking your nails in warm water. I was very disappointed as Sally Hansen's products are usually very good.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by yellowone

damn
why didn't I check the reviews before I went out and bought this?

This didn't work for me. Softened the cuticles slightly, but warm water could have done this, and could of done it better. It softened the cuticles for the first 1 minute and then the cream dried up, by then I had only pushed/scraped the dead skin off 3 nails- and I was rushing it

If this product worked for me it I wouldn't have said it was expensive, but because it didnt't it was EXPENSIVE.

The packaging wasn't that great ither.

won't buy this again thats for sure

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by maiw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't do much for me. It softened my cuticles, but it did not dissolve or remove any like I hoped. The only positive is that it smells pleasant and it's compact. Like another poster mentioned, I think I will use this to exfoliate my cuticles but once I use it up, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

It did nothing for mi cuticles, it has a nice smell, but regarding my cuticles, it really made no difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by glendonwyne

I don't know...I don't feel this does anything for me that just soaking my fingers in warm water couldn't do. Leaving it on for the maximum 8 minutes doesn't work any miracles, either. I am going to try using it as a cuticle cream; maybe as a consistent, long-term exfoliant it will be more effective.