April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Treatments - Poshe - AHA Cuticle Care

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A very good product that helps to maintain your cuticles. It is a white cream that you apply on your cuticles. The AHA acids "eat up" the skin making the cuticles look smooth and feel soft. The product has a citric smell which is nice.
I simply keep the tube on my work desk and apply now and then. You can achieve pretty good results in maintaining your cuticles by applying the eraser as recommended, that is daily.
The main thing you should keep in mind when dealing with this type of cream - consistency in using. Otherwise it is hard to see result.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sbenowitz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG cuticle cream. After just one use, i see a dramatic improvement. The tube allows you to squeeze out a small ribbon directly on my cuticles, and its tiny so it fits in my purse. The flip side is that there is not a lot of product so it runs ut quickly. I found it for $5 including shipping, so i bought 2. I suggest pairing this with an occasional use of Blue Cross Cuticle, dirt cheap at Sally's.

This beats my next favorite, Qtica, b/c that one is greasier and takes longer to see results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a lifelong problem with dry, raggedy cuticles that crack, split, sometimes bleed, etc. It doesn't help that when they're ragged, I tend to pick at them (or bite them, which is even worse). In the past few months, I've been on a quest to find a routine that really, really works to keep my cuticles healthy and free of hangnails and other cuticle problems.

I am astounded by how well and how quickly this has worked. The packaging suggests improvement in a week, but I saw real improvement in just a couple of days, using the product twice a day (I later decreased usage to once a day as my cuticles became more supple). When I first tried this product, I had been doing some work with my hands that was extremely hard on my cuticles and a couple were actually torn, but within a few days, that was all but healed and my cuticles were looking much healthier in general. In a few weeks, my cuticles were looking healthy, moisturised, and neat.

I will continue to use hand lotions and other creams for general moisturising (I love Lush Lemony Flutter, but it's hard to carry with me and it tends to melt in the heat, so I usually have Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser + Balm in my bag for quick touchups), but I will definitely be keeping up with the Poshe Cuticle Care, because it does just such a great job.

UPDATE: Have been using this for some time now, and it's fantastic, very healing, really does a great job on exfoliating the dry, dead skin that tends to accumulate around my nails. I've reduced the usage to once or twice per week now, because there's not that much that needs exfoliating any more (yay). This works wonderfully, and I'm super happy with it. Will definitely continue to purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product 2-3 times a day for a week, and I've decided that it just can't compare to jojoba oil. Despite being an oil, jojoba doesn't coat the skin. Instead, it completely absorbs into skin very, very quickly. And, of course, it's far more moisturizing than this Poshe product.

However, this product isn't terrible or anything. In fact, I'd recommend it to people who want to carry a cuticle moisturizer with them, but don't want to risk spilling or melting.

I also have to give Poshe a lot of credit for the excellent packaging. The tube has a tapered nozzle with a very narrow opening, so you can precisely control how much of the product you squeeze out. The product is very thick, too, so a little goes a long way. So even though the package is small, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Gottwinkies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this after reading nail blogs and deciding that I needed to try something different . I live in Montana with some ugly winters and it was showing. I found it at Sally Beauty Supply for about $4 for a tube. I love the packaging-tube with a tiny tip makes it very easy to apply to my cuticles and leave on. I can do this quickly at my work desk and continue working on the computer while it disks in a bit. Massage in and WOW! No more little hairy hangnails popping up, and things are so much healthier looking. I routinely push my cuticles back, so no difference noticed there. But my nails are healthier, skin around nails is soft, smoother and pretty! Such a noticeable difference. I am allergic to most fragrances-not this. Very soft mild scent, not greasy to apply, either. I love that I can use it at work. That makes me more likely to use it frequently...yay! I apply 2-3 times/day, with lotion for the rest of my hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jones1106

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. As a nervous habit, I subconsciously pick at my cuticles constantly, and I've never been able to find a lotion that actually works for this. I'll actually pick and peel and cause major damage to myself. As a nurse, I'm always washing or putting alcohol foam on my hands. That paired with the fact that we keep the air in hospitals very dry just exacerbates my problem.
So, for anyone who's in the same boat as I am, here's my routine:
I use a nail file to actually buff away the rough edges of my cuticles. For those pesky long little jobbies, I have cuticle clippers. Once I'm done with that, I'll apply the Poshe cuticle cream and just rub it in. I find this works best at night, so that it can heal overnight.
The only downside is that it's a tiny little tube, but it seems to last me a good amount of time. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way.
I still find myself picking, but with my cuticles becoming softer, I find it more and more difficult to do... which is a very good thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It's the only exfoliating cuticle cream I've used that doesn't have to be washed off AND it feels very moisturizing instead of just sticky, so it's a pleasure to keep on. Makes my wrecked cuticles look and feel better instantly, and helps keep them maintained. I use first thing in the morning and before bed, both times layered under Mango Mend. The combo leaves my hands, cuticles and nails looking and feeling *much* better -- especially as we approach winter and my nemesis, The Awful Dryness, returns. My only complaints, such as they are, are the price (about $7-8USD) which is a little more than I'd like to spend on a cuticle treatment, however it works well and you only need a little bit, so it lasts; and the package -- the one I got suffers a considerable amount of seepage into the cap, so I'm losing a fair amount of product. All told, however, it's worth it, and I'll definitely repurchase. I had previously been using OPI Avoplex AHA Cuticle Cream (which I liked well enough), and I still use the California Mango Cuticle Remover to actively push back the cuticles once or twice a week, although the Poshe would also be good in this capacity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's not that often that one buys a product and immediately can tell a difference, or finds it exceeds expectations. But omg, this stuff is the ISH. Having super soft hands is one of those "things" I've always wanted to achieve, (like having stupidly long lashes, ya dig?) and I've had quite a few products fail my expectations. I picked this up at sally's when I went to get another bottle of haken nail oil and couldn't find it, and for $7, this tube has changed my hands. Blue cross and Sally Hansen cuticle remover are both miserable compared to the effectiveness of this product, and it's much more user friendly since I don't have to remove it after use. Surprisingly, it works amazingly well on the tough skin around my toes as well. It only takes a small amount, and using it 2x a day in conjunction with eucerin hand cream (the one with urea) has transformed the appearance of my nails. Sheer nail polish looks so much prettier than it used to without the ragged edges of my cuticles to detract from it. My boo even said the other night that I had the softest hands, sigh. I would absolutely buy this again, and plan on buying it for my mother too

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I must have super dry cuticles because this alone doesn't moisturize them enough. However, if I layer this under Mango Mend the combination works wonders. I've been using this combination nightly for the last month and my cuticles look fabulous. It's more than I like to spend on a treatment, but it does work; also I love the applicator since it dispenses the perfect amount and keeps you from using too much product (thus making it more economical). Personally I don't smell anything from this, and usually I'm very sensitive to scents. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super tough, don't want to come off for nuthin' cuticles. Back in the day when I got acrylics, the tech would always complain about em. I haven't done my nails in a dogs age but I have been trying to stop picking at my poor sad cuticles so I am painting again.

Now, I know if my cuticles look like $h*t that my paint job will come out looking like that too so I have been spending time really trying to get them in shape.

First I tried California Mango Mend from Sally's that everyone raves about. It's a terrific moisturizer but wasn't really helping in the way I wanted. I know saying "I can't describe what I actually was looking for" is lame but that's all I got. I then went on a hunt for Creative Nail Design Cuticle Eraser. No luck. Where the heck to they sell this stuff anyway?? I did find Poshe' at Sally's so I gave it a whirl. I have to say my cuticle skin is looking quite nice now. Time will tell if it actually keeps the sticky not gonna budge stuff off the actual nail but in the mean time, the skin around my nails is looking better every day.

I have heard that the CND Eraser works even better and when I finally do find it I will give it a try. Till then, I would repurchase this. I mean, something has to be said for availability, right?

*EDIT* I am so sticking with Poshe! I tried CND and, to me, it smells like pee. Yep, you read that right. Gross! And the scent lingers. I will pass on potty hands!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No