July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Treatments - Qtica - Cuticle treatment cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I cannot even begin to tell you how awesome it is. I bought it on a whim, not even looking at reviews first. I really wanted something with lanolin in it. When I first used this cream, I was blown away. It transformed my cuticles . . . instantly made them look hydrated and healthy. I'm used to using various lotions and Burt's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream VERY regularly (multiple times per day), so my cutes are not in bad shape to begin with. Some have compared this cream to vaseline, which I completely disagree with. There are critical ingredients in this cream critical to cuticle health (lanolin, glycerin, etc.) and this sinks in *way* better than vaseline does. The only similarity to vaseline is the consistency.

It's easy to get out of the pot, goes on smooth, quickly and easily, and you only need a tiny bit (pea-sized amount or smaller) for all 10 fingers. It's a bit sticky/greasy for using multiple times per day, but once at night is enough. That alone makes it worth the extra money. This little pot is going to last me months and months. I can't wait to see how it improves my cuticles over the long haul. To use, I just get a small amount, massage into each cuticle for about 30 seconds, and let this cream work its magic overnight. You do have to be careful in the bed for about 10 minutes while the cream is at its greasiest so you don't get it all over your sheets.

My only complaint is the scent. Smells very "old lady" and is rather strong. Still, it will not defer me from giving this product 5 stars.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

This is by no means a great product. I purchased it and gave it to my mom because she has dry hands. However, for the price, it can be easily substituted with petroleum jelly. It is a little softer, but not 16$ softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by satayakulc

This item really does the trick. It is super thick and heavy so a little goes a long way. My cuticles instantly looks hydrated and healthy. It feels almost identical to the Dior cuticle cream to me. I use and love both.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by SQ8199

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the best cuticle cream I have ever used. Ever. Nothing else has even come close. It soothes as it moisturizes and heals raw, bleeding, sore cuticles super fast. So glad I found this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Just started using this a few weeks ago - I am on a mission to kick my 20+ year cuticle picking habit. When my cutes are dry, that's when my picking is the worst.

This balm moisturizes and repairs like nobody's business. In fact I would say it is just as healing as neosporin on my cuticles with the added bonus that it smells nice (a powdery floral scent) and doesn't require band aids to stay on! It is sticky (due to the high lanolin content) but not unbearably so. I put it on before bed and like previous reviewers have noticed, it really sinks in overnight. I have also tried Lanisoh (100% lanolin nipple cream) on my hands but still prefer the Qtica - the consistency, "feel" and packaging is superior, and equally as expensive if you know how to hunt down a deal.

So for me, Qtica does the "heavy lifting" of repairing my skin, which I then maintain during the day with lots of basic hand lotion and Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle cream - and being vigilant not to pick. For the first time in forever the skin around my nails is smooth and soft rather than raggedy and peeling! I think I have found my holy grail hand saver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best cuticle moisturizer I've even used! I've tried maybe a dozen other cuticle oils, creams, etc, and up until now I liked Aquaphor Healing Ointment. Qtica cuticle treatment is JUST as moisturizing, but stays on longer and doesn't smear as much.
Qtica is a jelly/cream consistency and it's sticky (not uncomfortable), but the stickiness helps it stay on. I put this on before bedtime, and when I woke up my cuticles were so soft, and I could feel it soaked in!
It has a slight fragrance, but its pleasant. It's also a bit pricey ($16), but you get quite a bit of product.

I think I found my HG cuticle treatment!! I will repurchase this!

UPDATE 7-27-13: Still the best cuticle treatment I've found. I would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

Just tried this product based solely on reviews and I couldn't be happier. I have used oils and other creams but none have worked as instantly as this. I can see not needing to reapply this a few times a day, but maybe only once. Fragrance is there, but its not all that bad. Pricey but worth it in the long run. I have a slight obsession with my cuticles since buying and wearing expensive nail polishes. If I am paying high end for polish I want my nails and cuticles to be perfect and smooth. This is doing the trick. I would recommend this product to anyone, even with the high price. Going to be tricky once the product gets used a bit and I am trying to get it out because the pot is rather deep. Still not enough to sway me negative though. If you want nice smooth cuticles I would try this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by masa_inn

Nothing short of a miracle. I've been using it for years; and will definitely keep repurchasing. Have two jars: one for my purse and one to keep on a vanity.

It is very thick and seems very greasy; but it sinks right in. Norwegian Formula (that is often compared to Qtica balm) would sit on my fingers forever without sinking in, much like ol' plain Vaseline.

This balm is the only thing which can instantly repair my cuticles after an hours of handling paper (filing); or weeks of neglect.

BRW, this is the one and only Qtica product I like and use.

ETA: Yes, it is expensive; but it last a long time even with a daily use. Tip: all Bed, Bath & Beyond that carry cosmetics have this in stock. Use your 20% coupon - makes it so much more affordable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

i'm on the fence with this one. it -works- so there's that. however ...

- it's expensive ($16 for 0.5 oz).
- the pot is too narrow for easy use. a flatter but wider pot would be better.
- it's really sticky. i need to wear lotion gloves for a while afterwards.

... but i can't deny that it - works-. what to do, what to do ...

(neutrogena norwegian formula hand cream works slightly less well but is cheap, in a tube, and i don't need to wear gloves after application. i'm torn between the two.)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I recently started using this cuticle balm. I like it much better than the oils I'd been previously using. It is a very thick cream, but not really greasy or waxy. Does a great job at improving the condition of your cuticles. The only thing I don't like is the smell...it smells like really bad generic perfume. I know that a lot of the girls like the smell, but I hate it and don't really understand why a cuticle balm needs fragrance anyways? I took off one lippie for the smell, but will definitely repurchase.