Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 4/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Never tried Formula 2 and went straight to using 2 Plus since I wanted a stronger formula. My nails naturally grow well, flex, and peel easily. This formula works extremely well for my type of nails. They rarely peel, and they're very hard/durable now. I use it even when I don't paint my nails with a color since it keeps them healthy/looking good. This also works nicely as a base coat for color polish when I feel like using it. It took at least a month or two for this treatment to have lasting effects, so give it at least a few applications before writing it off.

on 4/7/2015 8:59:00 PM

My index finger on my right hand has always had a tendency to peel, despite the fact that I take biotin every day. But over a month ago I had 3 nails peeling on my right hand...and when they grew out the littlest bit, the top of the nail would just peel off again before the nail even grew beyond the nail bed! I was getting soooo frustrated!

I came to this site looking for something that might help, and came across this product. I ordered it from Amazon for $9 after shipping, which is about the same price as an OPI polish. I've used it for 2 weeks, and I LOVE it!!!! It may not be a miracle product (my nails don't seem to be growing any faster) but it has certainly allowed my nails the strength to grow without breaking! The directions say that if you feel a burning you should stop using it or use it less often, but I don't feel any sensation at all. It looks and feels just like a strong base coat. (I've been putting the polish on every night before bed, layering it on top of the layer(s) from the night before...then took it off after a week and started again....and I took it off today to start another week.)

The top 3 pictures are my nails before the first use (you can see they are colored yellow from a strong brown polish I had used.) The bottom 2 pictures are from 2 weeks later (today.) If you look closely, you can see the peeling on my index and middle fingers of my right hand. Again, not a miracle nail grower...but imo a miracle nail strengthener!

on 2/20/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am so grateful for makeupalley for giving me a chance to discover this product.

I have been a lifelong nail biter. I always had short, peeling, stubby nails. Nails so soft that I never bothered to put nail polish on as it would simply peel away from my thin bendy nails. For the first time in my 32 years, i have long nails! I love flaunting my long graceful nails. I feel so pretty and I love buying nail polishes now.

When I run out of Protien plus, i will try the regular formula 2.

on 11/6/2014 9:27:00 AM

This is an amazing product... As someone who used to be a terrible nail biter I thought my nails would never be able to grow strong, as even after I managed to stop biting them they'd break and peel and never grow. I tried many strengtheners etc which helped a bit but after reading reviews of this I thought I'd try it and I'm so glad I have!! I've been using it for about 2 months and my nails are like claws! They just keep growing and I don't have the heart to cut my new beautiful long nails.
My two middle fingernails were the worst for peeling and would split and not grow at all but now one of them has no peeling at all and the other has very slight peeling at the top if I look carefully but nothing that is going to break the nail. My two index fingernails are still peeling slightly but not badly enough that I need to cut them down. All my other nails are super strong and smooth, I don't even like to paint my nails anymore because they look so nice natural with a layer of this on for some shine.
I accidentally bought formula 2 plus thinking it was just formula 2 because I don't use fake nails/gels etc so I didn't think I'd need it but I'm glad I ended up with this one because it's made such a nice difference to my nails! I wish I had before and after photos!

on 9/11/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

on 8/1/2014 9:08:00 PM

If there's one product I would swear by, it would be this! As a previous nail biter for years who also got gel extensions regularly, my nails were battered, thin, peeling and would not grow. Some of my nail beds were so thin it hurt, so I decided to do something about it. After trying OPI's Nail Envy and various Sally Hansen products (which did nothing for my nails) I got this after seeing the good reviews. When I started applying it, I got really bad burning on one or two of my nails (the most damaged ones), but it really is worth it. After a couple of weeks, my nails which previously wouldn't grow even near my fingertips were beautiful, healthy, with natural white tips. By no means were they very strong, but they were definitely getting there. I could wear nail polish on my natural nails which was my dream!! If it works for me, it will work for anyone with very problematic nails.

on 7/24/2014 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

No pun intended, this is hands down the best thing I have done for my nails, I would never be without it as I noticed when I ran out in less then a week my nails were peeling and chipping. I have used this for two decades . At one point I purchased that pink gel nail coat which waaay overpriced and worse than that my nails peeled within eight hours of using. I also use the OPI nail strengthener under two coats of Nailtiques, although not necessary I like the buildup effect.

Yup, it actually works. I am one of those people that is going to say that they have tried everything for their nails and nothing worked. I now have a combination of products that works for me so that my nails do not peel. That is my number one nail issue- super peely nails especailly my index fingers. Now I use nailtiques formula 2+. You have to give it a while- like at least three weeks, before you can say whether it is really working for you. I used it as directed for close to a month. Now I use it as a base coat when I have my nails done, which is most of the time, or have bare nails. Another product I have used in conjuction that I love so much is the Nutra Nail odor free nondamaging polish remover. I really do think it is this combo that has helped my nails so much. I think if I removed the nailtiques with regular polish remover, even acetone free, my nails would still be a bit peely. The Nutra Nail remover does not leave my nails dry. My nails would always seem dry after I removed polish with cutex or whatever other brand- usually acetone but even the acetone free. SO I would highly highly recommend this combination!

on 4/27/2014 12:41:00 PM

Love this product! I have dry, peeling nails. At first I bought Nailtiques 2 and used it for two months without any visible results. Then I bought Nailtiques 2 plus, and wow: within a month I became healthy nails! I highly recommend this product!

on 4/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

BUY IT! ok so I'm one of those people who hates to spend a lot of money on most things. I'm cheap. and this is not cheap. I got my teeny tiny bottle for $10 and I was shocked how little it was, but the reviews were all so good I went for it and I'm so so glad I did. Background on my nails. They were weak, flaked off and peeled like old wallpaper. They broke constantly and no matter what I tried nothing helped. I've tried most things listed below that others have tried all with absolutely no change in my poor nails. Finally it got so bad I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair without breaking a nail. Something had to be done. This was recommended by a youtuber. I wish I could remember her name I'd send her flowers. The reviews they aren't lying, this really does honestly work! I had to not wear nail polish for about month which sucked cause I'm addicted to doing my nails, but once again, the results were totally worth it. I put a fresh coat on my nails everyday for 5 days then took all the coats off and started again. I did this for two weeks straight then I did a coat every other day for two more weeks. then i started using it a base coat under my nail polish, every time I did my nails. It's been about three months and I haven't broken a nail in a month. There is almost no flaking on my nails now and they have gotten so long I needed to cut them back cause I kept scratching my self and my boyfriend (be careful what you ask for) The nail polish does get thicker but I didn't find it was a ridiculous amount. the brush doesn't seem to go all the way down so you kind of have to fish for it when you get to the bottom of the bottle, which I am at now after three months. I can't say if the results will last without using the treatment as I am still using it off and on at this point. However I will definitely repurchase if my nails start getting bad again. If you want healthier nails this is absolutely worth the money. It is something that truly does work.

Popular Treatments