April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I have been using this for 10 days and the results are amazing. I have had weak, peeling, breaking nails my whole life and have tried so many "strengthening" treatments, this is the only one that has had significant results (healthy hoof cream is second best IMO).

My nails were in horrible shape when I picked this up, literally they were all misshapen, broken/peeled to a nub. After applying this everyday for the last 10 days the difference is shocking. I still have a few damaged nails that got slammed in a dresser drawer and are growing slower than the rest, but the other nails have now reached a perfect, pretty length, they are not peeling or chipping, and they are not breaking at all. They are SO much stronger, flexible, and healthy. I honestly had no idea a product could work this well. I need to go pick up a different formula in another week to maintain the results (except for the severely damaged nails, going to keep using 2plus on those). I will certainly update in another couple weeks as they progress.

This was a bit on the pricey side, 10$ for a tiny bottle, but who cares, the important thing is IT WORKS. And once I get into maintenance mode I will not need to apply daily anymore so it will last a lot longer. I couldn't recommend this product more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My nails are a sad mess--peeling, soft and tearing. I live in Michigan, and they are always worse in the winter--I think because of the dry air, both outdoors and indoors. I've been using polish with a strong base coat so they don't chip, which works well to help keep them from breaking, but they still peel.
I used the Nailtiques 2 plus a few times and still had noticeable peeling, so I decided to amp it up and use two coats underneath my basecoat. When I removed my polish today after two days, all of my nails were peeling almost halfway down the nail bed. The instructions caution that it may be drying to cuticles and skin around the nail, so I think it sucked all of the moisture out of my nails and caused worse peeling. For me, this product was a total fail. If your nails need protein but not moisture, it may work well for you. Mine went in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Saved my nails like it was God and my nails were sinning. I had constant splitting of the nails since I had stopped wearing acrylic and they wouldn't grow for anything. I used this twice (a week apart from each use) before I started seeing results. It's an amazing nail base as well, keeping my polish on much longer and making my nails way more durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ItchyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shit WORKS. My nails do not peel any more at all. I'm halfway through one bottle - will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Megabyte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by inkaww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dhouseholder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have tried so many things to keep my nails intact with very little success. I've tried a few Sally Hansen products, I've tried using gel polish while my nails grow out, and I've tried Nailtek XTRA. None of those helped.

I can usually get my nails fairly long on average, but I always have one or two that break super short, and I am constantly dealing with splitting and peeling that leads to eventual breaks.

I have been using Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus for about a month now. I had a nail or two break in the first week, but I haven't had ANY breaks, splitting, or peeling since then. None whatsoever. And I'm not exactly easy on my nails. I've always had issues with nails breaking while sewing and needlework, but I sewed and worked on a cross stitch quite a bit this week without any issues.

This is hands down the best nail product I have ever used. I absolutely love it and I couldn't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by akalkh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Artylady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!