November 23, 2014 | 1550 users online

Treatments - Nailtek - Hydration Therapy II

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is nothing special. Better than nothing but I will not repurchase as I believe that OPI's Nail Envy is much better. I will finish the bottle though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

SO FAR this stuff is phenomenal. My nails are very dry, thin and peel like no one's business. They grow fast but I never have long nails because they either peel and thin or get nicked and break. Constantly.
I tried OPI's Nail Envy and the thing I noticed with it is that it peeled off almost instantly. For the 4 hours it stayed on my nails, they were strong. But when they got wet or I touched anything--it peeled off. What good is it going to do me if it just peels off?
This is sticking to my nails. I still apply it every other day and I notice very little chipping at the ends. My nails are growing--not breaking and they feel stronger. I've only been using this a week but I'm surprised at the difference.
I haven't used this with nail polish yet, I am going to attempt that next.
So far it's working. Well. My nails aren't peeling (you can still see the spots where they started peeling before NT HII but it seems to have sealed them for now) and they're growing pretty fast. Perhaps if I keep it going, get to the point where the peels can be cut off it will STOP any new peeling and maybe I really will have nice nails for once in my life. *crosses fingers*
I will update after a few weeks but so far--this stuff is GREAT.
The only downfall? The price. $16 for me is pretty pricey. I never get my nails done, I buy cheap Sally Hansen and Revlon nail polish because that's all I can afford and I'm on a tight budget. BUT if it keeps on working, it will be well worth it.
The only other downfall: I didn't notice there was 'formaldehyde' when I bought it, when I found out I was a little off-put. Isn't that supposed to be bad? Right now, I don't care even if it is! Just use in a well ventilated space. Perhaps that's why it works, I don't really know.
I highly suggest giving this stuff a shot, if you have tried EVERYTHING else and nothing has worked. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this after using Naitiques 3, which thickened up fast and peeled off my nails then I went to Nailtiques 2 which peeled of my nails, This Nailtek Hydration II has formaldehyde in it to strengthen nails and products to hydrate nails as the formaldehyde dries nails out. I really like this product, it seems to stay on longer than the Nailtiques and is less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this treatment, i use it mainly as a treatment as im growing my nails and then as a basecoat and i it really works for me. It helps keep my nails healthy and strong and im sure it makes them grwo faster also. Am definatly repurchasing and would recommend it to friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Lulucakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good base coat. Did not make an incredible difference for my peeling. did well at preventing stains. Dries slightly opaque, so it needs a polish of some sort over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Sour

This makes your nail grow like nobody's business! Its the best nail treatment... ever! Life without this would be very hard indeed...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by texasflamingo

I bought this thinking it was the Foundation II Ridge Filling. I thought maybe they had changed the formula and made it shiny instead of that matte finish, which I would have liked, but it's not the same and doesn't work near as well on my nails. It also starts peeling off by the second day. They both say they're for soft, peeling nails, but my nails have definitely gotten weaker. I'm going to buy more of the Foundation II Ridge Filling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by mdelah01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! My nails are pretty healthy to begin with, I had a minor issue with peeling some time back, so I used this as a basecoat for a while,but since peeling was not a big problem for me, I sorta forgot about this product. Later I read a review that recommended using this as a topcoat. Well, I have been on the lookout for a good topcoat for a long time. I have used almost everything out there and my manicures hardly ever last over 2-3 days without chipping, even when I get them professionally done. Since I already had this on hand,I decided to try this out as a topcoat. Well, it is an absolute miracle, but it has kept my manicure intact with no chips for days! I would have never thought to use this as a top coat so I just wanted to contribute my review to say this is not only for problem nails, but a great solution for chips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by divinemisscopa

This may be the only nail treatment I've found that actually helps my nails grow! I have thin, easily peeled nails which have a horrid time growing on their own right. If I include this in my daily (or eventually every other day) regiment, my nails look great. It's just remembering to use it - that's the trick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! If you use it as directed, your nails will grow like crazy, & be strong. My nails are thin & brittle, but this makes them strong & flexible. My nails actually grew so long with this product that I had to file them down. Two negatives I have to point out though, 1).when you get about 1/2 way to 2/3 done with the bottle, it starts to get thick & gloppy; 2). if you get a chip in it, the polish on that entire nail starts peeling (at least on me)..