Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 6/22/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wasn't expecting to like this so much but it's awesome. Much better than Lush Lemony Flutter. And it might sound weird but I think this is the reason lighter color nail polishes work on me now. Before they would always look messy somehow. *shrugs* I don't know. This isn't that expensive if you buy it on Amazon.

on 5/26/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Its a shame Sally Beauty Supply no longer carries this product. I've been using it forever. Its the best cuticle oil out there. The almond scent is heavenly. It soaks in quickly & leaves no residue. I use it every night & my manicurist can tell if I skip a few days. Full of good stuff: Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Almond Fragrance, Tocopherol Acetate(Vitamin E).

on 5/19/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had a teeny tiny bottle of this, and used it per the Nail Board's oiling recommendations. It's the only thing that has gotten my nails healthy and happy. Much less peeling and less brittle. I've ordered more, and I'm trying to use up some other oils, but nothing compares to Solar Oil. If you're having trouble with your nails, give it a go.

on 3/3/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This has really wonderful ingredients. Jojoba Oil is the second ingredient, which is the only oil with molecules small enough to penetrate the nail plate. Once the Jojoba penetrates, it acts as a carrier oil for all the other great ingredients in this product (vitamin E, for example). Without Jojoba oil, nails oils just sit on the surface, so this is really a well balanced oil that is going to deliver some serious moisture to your nails and cuticles.

The only thing I would change about this is the smell. It's not a bad smell, it actually smells rather good (marzipan), I just would prefer a citrusy scent since "solar" makes me think of the sun...and sun ripened oranges...! I'd love to see this released in a variety of scents with the same ingredients.

on 1/4/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonder cuticle oil. I use to swear by the stuff years ago. Now I just purchase Jojoba oil and decant into an empty bottle.

on 1/4/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Brilliant cash cow for CND... Overhyped and pointless, if you ask me.

It is a cuticle oil. You can achieve the same thing by rubbing olive oil on your nails, people. You could buy 10 giant bottles of olive oil for the price of like a drop of this stuff. The difference? This stuff smells like Heaven (almond oil), and Olive Oil smells like... olive oil.

Everyone claiming it has changed their nails? Not for me. Have not noticed any difference at all. I purely use it because it smells good and I feel like I'm supposed to use oil on my nails, but it is so pointless. Lotion does the same thing.

Claiming it makes manicures last longer?? Whaat? Not for me! In fact, when I use it, it makes them PEEL sooner, from the cuticle end.

They sell tiny little bottles if you want to try it before committing to a full bottle. The sales lady told me it was great because you can stick it in your purse. This makes me laugh so hard for two reasons: 1. Is a normal-sized bottle of polish too big to fit in a purse?? LOL and 2. Is this really that essential of a product that you must carry it around with you??? Like you're out and about and you're like OH MY GOD MY NAILS NEED OIL NOW.

If you're obsessed with this stuff as others seem to be, get it on Amazon... SOOO MUCH CHEAPER than in the stores.

But remember--- this is glorified almond oil. You are being duped.

I received this as part of a gift awhile ago and just recently got around to using it. Initially, I honestly had no idea what it was, so I had to look it up on the manufacturer web site. It's a couple of different oils and other products that are intended to condition the nails and cuticles. I had heard via some more Googling that it can be used if you're wearing nail polish and that it will in fact improve the wear of your polish. I decided to put it to the test, although I didn't expect much.

Thankfully, I can admit when I'm wrong -- this stuff is great, and after a week of using it, I already don't know what I'd do without it. The condition of my nails has improved a great deal. They're stronger and healthier-looking, and my nail polish does in fact wear much better than it did before. Days after applying, I have very minimal tip wear, where before chunks of polish would peel off my nails.

I've just been sweeping Solar Oil over my nails and cuticles and under the tips of my nails before bed, when I do my usual application of hand cream and moisturizers. Then I rub it in to my nails and cuticles. I also dabbed this onto my cuticles today before pushing them back when I gave myself a manicure, and it worked pretty well for that purpose as well. I'm ultimately very happy that I stumbled onto this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 7/25/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this stuff years ago and thought it was perfect. Lately I've been working hard at trying to keep my nails looking better, so I purchased it again. No. No. No.

It's gotten expensive ($7.50 for .75 ml at Ulta), the bottle is smaller, and it just doesn't do the trick for me anymore. Honestly, I had been using a Sephora cuticle oil in a little squeezy tube (that they have now d/c), and then a Sally Hansen twist-up tube (Maximum Growth Cuticle Pen), and sometimes plain old Vaseline. Truly, all three work better than Solar Oil at keeping my cuticles smooth. (I really think I'm going to buy another tube of the SH stuff, my nails have been growing like crazy! I don't really want them long, but it seems to have worked wonders.)

I've put this stuff on at night, religiously, since I bought it, and massage it in. Every single morning, my cuticles look dry and raggedy. I am really disappointed.

On the up-side, it smells deliciously of sweet almond oil. That's a plus, but for dry, icky cuticles, I can use something else that will actually work.

on 7/24/2014 11:01:00 PM

I love this oil, I don't love the price! All the ingredients are readily available (sweet almond, jojoba, rice bran and vit E oils) which you can mix for a tiny fraction of the price. I've done this with great success. Anyway it works very well to soften the cuticles and keep the nail plate flexible. My nails are too thin to grow without any help but I can imagine that for many this oil would be sufficient to keep your nails strong. A nail tech advised me to use this over polish, gel polish, hard gels and even acrylics. Apparently they are all slightly porous and oil helps keep them from drying out and cracking which prolongs your mani. It's the jojoba oil that is really important as its molecular structure is the smallest. Apparently with regular use this can even penetrate to the nail plate through your enhancement. I recommend it but won't repurchase - I'll keep making my own!

on 7/7/2014 11:06:00 PM

I have purchased 3 of the CND vinylux range now, and really love the formula! I had heard a lot about 'Solar Oil' and that it was great for your cuticles, so when I saw it during my latest OPI haul, I snapped it up.

I was surprised that it was so expensive: $15 for a 15ml bottle (size of their regular polishes). The box was beautiful, but I was surprised upon opening it, that the bottle, was exactly the same as CND's polishes, with brush and all.

When attempting to use this oil, I found the packaging to be very annoying, as the last thing you want is to be grappling with a little bottle of oil when your fingers are all slippy.

The oil itself has a pleasant subtle smell of sweet almond (which I love!) I wish the scent was slightly stronger and lasted longer however. The consistency of the oil was probably my fave thing, as it was not overly oily and soaked into my nail beds relatively quickly....

Saying that however, I did not feel that this oil actually nourished my nails enough, and would find myself putting additional cream on my nails throughout the day.

I have used this product every day for over a week now, and honestly.... I believe it is a waste of money :(

You can check out swatches for my CND purchases @hj_nails on Instagram.

Popular Treatments