April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Solar Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so far I've used this 2-3 times a week. It does seem to moisturize my cuticles fairly enough. also it does dry a little faster than some of the other cheaper oils I've used. smells mainly of almond.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by jenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff has saved my nails! I try to aim for applying it 2x/day but only end up remembering 1x/day to every other day average. This stuff drys nail polish fast too like the expensive opi accelerating drops or sprays but I get a teeny bottle of this for $2! Just add a drop at base of nails by cuticle and let it run along the side about 5min after painting your nails. I also have noticed that I never get hangnails anymore so its even got long term benefits. My nails used to peel back at the tips, crack at the sides and my cuticle would look ragged. I religiously use thick oil based lotions so this one has all of those oils that all the other brands are bragging about as their main ingredients but I've been researching it and some don't work with out the others since their too small to actually penetrate the nail plate and this product has all of them in one! They deserve to brag about it but don't since its been around for so long. I cant live without it and it works no matter how irregularly I use it. Results were seen after maybe about a week of using it. I dont have to clip cuticle ever again either. It definately helps with all the trauma of all the chemicals in nail polish remover etc from affecting your nails. My whole familys nails are thin i guess its genetics and this stuff beats it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this smells so good that i had to taste it. not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got gel nails done, the woman suggested I get Solar oil and use it religiously. I have problems with overgrown and dry cuticles also-solar oil has taken all of that away. I use this everyday, several times a day. This stuff really works. I find it cost effective to go online and buy the big 2 oz size. Go out and get this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It keeps my cuticles moisturized and smooth. It smells amazing and the smell actually makes me want to use it more.

Yes, I do think it is a little overpriced and that there is nothing really 'special' to it - it is just a few different oils mixed together and I could probably whip it up myself at home. Would I want the hassle of mixing it up at home? No way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got my first manicure in 1990, and that stylist put Solar Oil on my nails to dry my polish quicker. I had never heard of it before and was amazed at how well it worked, so I bought a bottle. I have never been without it in 23 years. I have recently started applying it nightly as a cuticle conditioning oil, but I have always used it as a nail polish dryer every time I paint my nails. Love the smell, consistency, and especially the way it dries my polish in minutes. Will continue to purchase oner and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely a HG product for me! I love cuticle oils and have many different brands, scents, etc. And this one is by far my favorite!! It sinks in fast, very moisturizing, and smells great! The price is in the middle for me. Supply stores have it for a reasonable price, while it's kinda pricey at Ulta. Bottom line- great product and definitely repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

Another HG from CND!
I purchased this 5 years ago, and didn't get the hype.
Fast forward to this year - dried out nails that with a painful vertical split past the quick, they broke off and had no bend in them. Eraser sorted my cuticles, but nails were still as above. The usuals weren't working - avoplex, Flexitol, L'occitane, LF and I returned to this in desperation. Luckily it's worked. I felt it absorb right from the 1st application. The vertical split has healed for the first time in 2 years and I've only had 1 broken nail in the 6 weeks I've been using. So this and eraser are now staples and my nails have been transformed from splitting, breaking with bleeding sore cuticles to actually quite nice. I use it 2x daily, and eraser 3x daily, with L'occitane shea hand cream 2x daily. It's such a relief not to have to hide my hands from people anymore.

Update Nov '13. Have found out I'm anaemic, so if your dryness is due to anaemia it may help. With continued use, this has also removed deep vertical ridges in my thumb nail that I've had for around 3 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

There are no words to explain my love for this product. I am a cuticle care freak and this is my holy grail. I have repurchased countless times. I have one in my bag, one at home, one at my boyfriends, one at my parents house, and several back ups in my drawer.
The smell is phenomenal and this is the most moisturising cuticle treatment that I have found.
It dries quickly and it not greasy. It dried nail polish too!
I will always love this and continue to buy it. No product will ever take its place.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

I've been using this for less than a week and it's totally saved my ravaged cuticles. Amazing and worth the $.