July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Loose Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - MEGA SPARKLE Periwinkle

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2004 12:09:00 AM More reviews by urbana

When I saw these I got really excited and had to buy them. I have these in pink pussy cat, and periwinkle. They both flash other colors and look very pretty sitting in my make up box. Unfortunately they rarely leave the confines of said makeup box. This is because they are wanting in consistency. They have large particles of sparkle and then some smaller ones that remind me of sand or sugar. They also don't adhere well at all. The disparity in the sparkle size makes it almost impossible to direct where I want them to go. They end up scattered in sparse clumps. Furthermore these have a tendency of making their way into my eye causing severe pain, or at the very least blurriness. Until I tried these I thought that glitter wasn't really something that could be of high or low quality. Now I am aware of the difference. I would recommend these if you want something cheap, and accessible to use for a couple nights out. They could be simply dazzling if used as a body glitter or even in the hair. I don't recommend these for the eyes. Granted they are very cheap and super duper pretty, but like the parable says all that glitters is not gold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying the WHITE ICING MEGASPARKLE from this line and having a lot of fun sprucing up new cosmetics, I bought another color in this WET N WILD MEGASPARKLE line- PERIWINKLE.

At first, it looks like a light lavender color with pastel gold, peach, green, and pink flashing through it. However, upon closer looks, it has a unique pink-gold overtone to it when you hold it from side to side.

I found this to be gorgeous in peachy or warm pink lipglosses. It is not obnoxious or too gritty for me. It is the same exact stuff that they put in the MAC LIPGLASSES that I have purchased in the past. Same size, and similar colors, that is.

I love this stuff and found that it has a really wide range of uses from body gels, to highlighter for high glam looks. I will definitely buy it again- for a $3 price tag- it sure beats the high end and expensive versions of the same glitter! continued >>