Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

on 7/21/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

To put this simply, this product has been the answer to my ugly nails' prayers. For as long as I can remember my nails have been prone to splitting and peeling. And if they're not peeling they're breaking. So either way, I couldn't get my nails to grow and strengthen. So after reading the rave reviews, I bought this with full confidence and it worked wonders.
I used it by itself for about two weeks and now they won't stop growing! My nails are no longer weak and easily break; they're strong and long. My mom was so surprised she asked me what my secret was so I recommended her this product as she'd been having the same problem. Now her nails look amazing just like mine, so my aunt started asking and so on, so now my entire family has been using this.
It's great to keep up the health of your nails between painting them as well, so I would definitely get another bottle when I run out. Although the bottle is tiny it's lasted, dries quickly, and dries naturally. Would definitely recommend!

on 6/1/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Notice: I never used this more than a week or so at a time - too much protein isn't good for nails. I used it when my nails were peeling.

This is a good product for when my nail are dry, actually, but it doesn't strengthen them as much as I would've liked - I get a much better result from Trind Natural Nail Repair. What I really like about this, and what makes me give it 4* instead of 3: when my nails are peeling, this somehow fills in those places. I can't even explain how this is possible. I mean: logically, when you take your nail polish off, your nails shouldn't look any different than before the polish... but it's not the case with this. When I was wearing gel nails, I sometimes was stressing, and had a tendency to pick at them - badbadbad! Some of the top layers of the nail sometimes followed with it, and I got these ugly, flaky nails. When I used this after, my nails somehow healted themselves on only a week or so.... I really have no clue how this happent, but the result was clearly visible as smooth, non-peeling nails. Must be some black magic in here! :P ...Or maybe it moisturizer the nail, although protein for hair does the oposite. Trind make my nails be very hard when they're growing out, but they don't glue flaking nails back together. Also: Nailtiques makes the nails very smooth after wearing it for some time, while Trind can do the slightly oposite.

Now to what I didn't like so much: this nail polish is a bit annoying in terms of finish. It dries pretty quickly, but to a kinda... rubbery finish. It also doesn't get very hard either - I easily get scrapes in it, or can scrape it off my nails. The wear-time isn't very good. These are two things Trind doesn't do: it dries to a completely smooth, slippery finish, and it's hard to scrape it off. This makes me want to put another polish over the Nailtiques one, but then you partly ruin the purpose of the polish. Trind makes my nails really hard, while Nailtiques doesn't really change the hardness of my nails that much. Nailtiques also became very thick after a few months, which made it a bit annoying to apply

I guess this could be perfect for some people, depending on what nail-problems they have

on 4/5/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My nails are soft, peeling and I'm a swimmer so that made it worse. I've tried Nail Envy, Quimica Alamina, Rejuvicote. Nail Envy did nothing. The other 2 hardened my nails but did not repair the fault in my thumb nails. Both of my thumbnails have a fault in the nailbed I think is from getting acrylics years ago. They grow out with a split at both corners right at the quick and eventually it breaks off. 3 weeks of Nailtiques 2 and no splits at the quick for both thumbnails! I hope they are gone for good! I went ahead and purchased the formula one.

on 2/2/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to wait the whole recommended 2-3 months before reviewing, as I've read this is the length of time to wait before seeing the full effect of the results... but I've been so impressed with my nails since using this the last 3-4 weeks, I'm more than ready to award it the full 5 lippies!
Whilst not have big 'problem-nails', I've had a problem the last year or 2 with nails splitting/peeling. I would often had the annoying situation of growing long nails, to have 3 or 4 spilt, tear or break ... leaving me to begrudgingly file down the whole lot.
Just prior to using about 4 weeks ago, I torn one nail very low opening a jar (about halfway down the nail bed), and it's already grown out to a fairly long length, and caught up with my longer nails. It has grown back strong and quickly.
I have had only one nail chip (not a proper break) since using this in the last 4 weeks (quite an achievement for me!). For the first time in a long time, my nails are the same length, and are now getting long. I had a small issue of ridges as well, which now seems to be eliminated. The previous issue of splitting (the top layers), almost peeling off - I can now see the layers are either adhering to the nail bed and no longer lifting, or now completely grown out.
None of my nails now bend, but do have the right degree of 'flex' to them. From what I read, some may need to switch to another formula (3?) if they find nails becoming too hard and brittle. - but I'm not at that stage yet. Works great as a base coat to a colour polish, although I've mostly worn it alone and applying a coat every day, which is how I've seen the most improvement recently.
No 'cons' at all to this product - even the price is well worth it considering the value and benefits when comparing the results to a Sally Hansen comparable. I have no problems awarding this a 'holy grail' rating for a base coat/nail treatment! My next treat will most likely be the nailtiques cuticle oil!

on 2/2/2015 1:07:00 AM

I used to have really great nails until continually getting gel manicures for a year left them trashed. They were splitting and breaking off right at the nail bed.
I began using this product about 2 weeks ago. I only use the polish and only twice a week before I take it off and do one coat then another 4 days later. I don't put anything else on my nails.

My nails are so so much better!! They are back to their healthy selves like before the gel manicures. A friend actually complimented me on nails last night. That hasn't happened in a long time!

on 12/15/2014 3:49:00 AM

This product changed my nails. I had soft, peeling nails before, so I had to keep them short and painted or else I would get these annoying horizontal rips right where the white part began. I read rave reviews here on MUA, and bought it right away on eBay. It didn't do much at first, but keep at it! I found that it's a great base coat as well, it outperforms anything else I've ever used and it strengthens your nails to boot. After months, my nails are hard enough to just go naked without tearing! I think I've been using it for around 2 to 3 years now, and I no longer wear nail polish much anymore because my nails are strong enough now, but I still keep a thin coat of this on just in case. But there have been weeks I forget and go without it and they are still okay. I can even forget to trim my nails and they grow to manicure length, and they won't break. Just be careful not to get it on your cuticles because it will strengthen them too.

Prior to using this my nails were weak and flaky and would often break and split. I could literally peel off the top layers of my nail. After using this as instructed (applying a coat everyday for 7 days) I noticed that my nails were considerably stronger. I then tried this as a base coat for nail polish and it worked well - it definitely helped with the strength of my nail and coupled with Seche Vite top coat, my nail polish lasted over 3 days without any chipping.

I have repurchased this and will now never consider another brand for my base coat- I have just purchased the Formula 1 as my nails are now much stronger than they used to be. I had previously tried Sally Hansen, OPI and Nails Inc but none of them worked anywhere near as well as this product!

on 9/19/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product has truly made a difference to my peeling nails! So, so much better. It took several weeks, but I'm seeing almost no peeling now. I change my polish twice a week and was seeing peeling every time, no more! I applied it 2-3 times a week. I'll probably go to once a week now. I just bought the bigger bottle in the kit with the thinner, and this will stay a part of my regular nail routine.

on 9/11/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Remember to hydrate (internally and topically) to help avoid brittleness.

on 7/28/2014 7:30:00 PM

I have been using this product on and off for about two years and I would absolutely swear by it. I am not saying it's guaranteed to work for everybody in the world, but I'd like to be a testament to the fact that this cult item has a following for a reason. I wouldn't have a nail hobby if it weren't for this beauty here. I can only see one drawback, and that's becoming a polish junkie and spending all your paychecks on the newest shades from OPI!

In my teenage years, I had never been able to grow long nails. I was a victim to constant, inevitable chips, peeling, flakes and particularly rips at the corners of my nails. I have small nail beds and I'm known to nibble my nails once in a while, so I didn't ever really think I could grow long, pretty and girly nails. I even had a really annoying split in the dead center of my first finger which doomed me to needing to clip it as soon as it began to grow long.

Most people get upset when this product doesn't give them immediate gratification, but please don't expect super fast results after the first few applications! Give this product at least a few weeks to two months(four plus months would be ideal) to show you what it is capable of. I was able to grow long, strong, beautiful nails that got constant compliments everywhere I went. I'll sometimes get lazy or throw a fit once one of my nails do break, but I always come back and I'm always rewarded with super gorgeous and fun natural nails if I'm patient.

The best part? The split in the nail of my first finger gradually began to fix itself. If I use this product consistently, the split grows and with some occasional filing, it will be gone for however long I keep maintaining my nails.

I highly recommend filing the corners of your nails to further reduce the chance of them accidentally ripping while you use this product. I just adore Nailtiques Formula 2 and I'm going to recommend it to anybody looking to grow natural nails. Just as a side note, it works great as a healthy base coat for most any polish.

Top Rated Nailtiques Products