Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

4.3

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

on 4/5/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My nails are soft, peeling and I'm a swimmer so that made it worse. I've tried Nail Envy, Quimica Alamina, Rejuvicote. Nail Envy did nothing. The other 2 hardened my nails but did not repair the fault in my thumb nails. Both of my thumbnails have a fault in the nailbed I think is from getting acrylics years ago. They grow out with a split at both corners right at the quick and eventually it breaks off. 3 weeks of Nailtiques 2 and no splits at the quick for both thumbnails! I hope they are gone for good! I went ahead and purchased the formula one.

on 2/2/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to wait the whole recommended 2-3 months before reviewing, as I've read this is the length of time to wait before seeing the full effect of the results... but I've been so impressed with my nails since using this the last 3-4 weeks, I'm more than ready to award it the full 5 lippies!
Whilst not have big 'problem-nails', I've had a problem the last year or 2 with nails splitting/peeling. I would often had the annoying situation of growing long nails, to have 3 or 4 spilt, tear or break ... leaving me to begrudgingly file down the whole lot.
Just prior to using about 4 weeks ago, I torn one nail very low opening a jar (about halfway down the nail bed), and it's already grown out to a fairly long length, and caught up with my longer nails. It has grown back strong and quickly.
I have had only one nail chip (not a proper break) since using this in the last 4 weeks (quite an achievement for me!). For the first time in a long time, my nails are the same length, and are now getting long. I had a small issue of ridges as well, which now seems to be eliminated. The previous issue of splitting (the top layers), almost peeling off - I can now see the layers are either adhering to the nail bed and no longer lifting, or now completely grown out.
None of my nails now bend, but do have the right degree of 'flex' to them. From what I read, some may need to switch to another formula (3?) if they find nails becoming too hard and brittle. - but I'm not at that stage yet. Works great as a base coat to a colour polish, although I've mostly worn it alone and applying a coat every day, which is how I've seen the most improvement recently.
No 'cons' at all to this product - even the price is well worth it considering the value and benefits when comparing the results to a Sally Hansen comparable. I have no problems awarding this a 'holy grail' rating for a base coat/nail treatment! My next treat will most likely be the nailtiques cuticle oil!

on 2/2/2015 1:07:00 AM

I used to have really great nails until continually getting gel manicures for a year left them trashed. They were splitting and breaking off right at the nail bed.
I began using this product about 2 weeks ago. I only use the polish and only twice a week before I take it off and do one coat then another 4 days later. I don't put anything else on my nails.

My nails are so so much better!! They are back to their healthy selves like before the gel manicures. A friend actually complimented me on nails last night. That hasn't happened in a long time!

on 12/15/2014 3:49:00 AM

This product changed my nails. I had soft, peeling nails before, so I had to keep them short and painted or else I would get these annoying horizontal rips right where the white part began. I read rave reviews here on MUA, and bought it right away on eBay. It didn't do much at first, but keep at it! I found that it's a great base coat as well, it outperforms anything else I've ever used and it strengthens your nails to boot. After months, my nails are hard enough to just go naked without tearing! I think I've been using it for around 2 to 3 years now, and I no longer wear nail polish much anymore because my nails are strong enough now, but I still keep a thin coat of this on just in case. But there have been weeks I forget and go without it and they are still okay. I can even forget to trim my nails and they grow to manicure length, and they won't break. Just be careful not to get it on your cuticles because it will strengthen them too.

Prior to using this my nails were weak and flaky and would often break and split. I could literally peel off the top layers of my nail. After using this as instructed (applying a coat everyday for 7 days) I noticed that my nails were considerably stronger. I then tried this as a base coat for nail polish and it worked well - it definitely helped with the strength of my nail and coupled with Seche Vite top coat, my nail polish lasted over 3 days without any chipping.

I have repurchased this and will now never consider another brand for my base coat- I have just purchased the Formula 1 as my nails are now much stronger than they used to be. I had previously tried Sally Hansen, OPI and Nails Inc but none of them worked anywhere near as well as this product!

on 9/19/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This product has truly made a difference to my peeling nails! So, so much better. It took several weeks, but I'm seeing almost no peeling now. I change my polish twice a week and was seeing peeling every time, no more! I applied it 2-3 times a week. I'll probably go to once a week now. I just bought the bigger bottle in the kit with the thinner, and this will stay a part of my regular nail routine.

on 9/11/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Remember to hydrate (internally and topically) to help avoid brittleness.

on 7/28/2014 7:30:00 PM

I have been using this product on and off for about two years and I would absolutely swear by it. I am not saying it's guaranteed to work for everybody in the world, but I'd like to be a testament to the fact that this cult item has a following for a reason. I wouldn't have a nail hobby if it weren't for this beauty here. I can only see one drawback, and that's becoming a polish junkie and spending all your paychecks on the newest shades from OPI!

In my teenage years, I had never been able to grow long nails. I was a victim to constant, inevitable chips, peeling, flakes and particularly rips at the corners of my nails. I have small nail beds and I'm known to nibble my nails once in a while, so I didn't ever really think I could grow long, pretty and girly nails. I even had a really annoying split in the dead center of my first finger which doomed me to needing to clip it as soon as it began to grow long.

Most people get upset when this product doesn't give them immediate gratification, but please don't expect super fast results after the first few applications! Give this product at least a few weeks to two months(four plus months would be ideal) to show you what it is capable of. I was able to grow long, strong, beautiful nails that got constant compliments everywhere I went. I'll sometimes get lazy or throw a fit once one of my nails do break, but I always come back and I'm always rewarded with super gorgeous and fun natural nails if I'm patient.

The best part? The split in the nail of my first finger gradually began to fix itself. If I use this product consistently, the split grows and with some occasional filing, it will be gone for however long I keep maintaining my nails.

I highly recommend filing the corners of your nails to further reduce the chance of them accidentally ripping while you use this product. I just adore Nailtiques Formula 2 and I'm going to recommend it to anybody looking to grow natural nails. Just as a side note, it works great as a healthy base coat for most any polish.

on 6/23/2014 6:06:00 PM

As a chronic nail biter (on and off), I tried everything under the sun including Sally Hansen "max growth" formulas. I saw reviews on MUA and thought -why not. Haven't looked back. This make my nails grow fast and strong! I recommended it to my mother who has liver issue (which leads to nail issues) and even she saw positive results! I highly recommend this.

on 4/17/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This treatment saved my nails! I, unfortunately, let my nail care become a low priority. As a result, my nails were peeling, cracked, and painfully thin. I started using this for two months straight, with one application per week (using two coats per application). During midweek, I would apply another thin coat. After consistent use for about 6 weeks, my nails were strong and healthy. Now that my nails are back in great condition, I no longer need to use this. However, if I ever get back in that situation, I will repurchase this treatment. One bottle (.25 fl. oz.) lasted the entire 2 months. Towards the end of the bottle, it started to get goopy but application was not a problem for me.

Popular Treatments