September 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 - Nail Protein

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product has truly made a difference to my peeling nails! So, so much better. It took several weeks, but I'm seeing almost no peeling now. I change my polish twice a week and was seeing peeling every time, no more! I applied it 2-3 times a week. I'll probably go to once a week now. I just bought the bigger bottle in the kit with the thinner, and this will stay a part of my regular nail routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Remember to hydrate (internally and topically) to help avoid brittleness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product on and off for about two years and I would absolutely swear by it. I am not saying it's guaranteed to work for everybody in the world, but I'd like to be a testament to the fact that this cult item has a following for a reason. I wouldn't have a nail hobby if it weren't for this beauty here. I can only see one drawback, and that's becoming a polish junkie and spending all your paychecks on the newest shades from OPI!

In my teenage years, I had never been able to grow long nails. I was a victim to constant, inevitable chips, peeling, flakes and particularly rips at the corners of my nails. I have small nail beds and I'm known to nibble my nails once in a while, so I didn't ever really think I could grow long, pretty and girly nails. I even had a really annoying split in the dead center of my first finger which doomed me to needing to clip it as soon as it began to grow long.

Most people get upset when this product doesn't give them immediate gratification, but please don't expect super fast results after the first few applications! Give this product at least a few weeks to two months(four plus months would be ideal) to show you what it is capable of. I was able to grow long, strong, beautiful nails that got constant compliments everywhere I went. I'll sometimes get lazy or throw a fit once one of my nails do break, but I always come back and I'm always rewarded with super gorgeous and fun natural nails if I'm patient.

The best part? The split in the nail of my first finger gradually began to fix itself. If I use this product consistently, the split grows and with some occasional filing, it will be gone for however long I keep maintaining my nails.

I highly recommend filing the corners of your nails to further reduce the chance of them accidentally ripping while you use this product. I just adore Nailtiques Formula 2 and I'm going to recommend it to anybody looking to grow natural nails. Just as a side note, it works great as a healthy base coat for most any polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a chronic nail biter (on and off), I tried everything under the sun including Sally Hansen "max growth" formulas. I saw reviews on MUA and thought -why not. Haven't looked back. This make my nails grow fast and strong! I recommended it to my mother who has liver issue (which leads to nail issues) and even she saw positive results! I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This treatment saved my nails! I, unfortunately, let my nail care become a low priority. As a result, my nails were peeling, cracked, and painfully thin. I started using this for two months straight, with one application per week (using two coats per application). During midweek, I would apply another thin coat. After consistent use for about 6 weeks, my nails were strong and healthy. Now that my nails are back in great condition, I no longer need to use this. However, if I ever get back in that situation, I will repurchase this treatment. One bottle (.25 fl. oz.) lasted the entire 2 months. Towards the end of the bottle, it started to get goopy but application was not a problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! I've always battled being able to grow my nails cause they peel and I have to file them down.

This product pretty much worked in days. I wasn't super good about following the instructions perfectly about reapplying. I pretty much put it on in between wearing gels. I have my own set of gelish (like shellac) at home. When I take that off often my middle fingers are peeling badly. So now I put it on for the few days in between before I redo my nails and it keeps them much stronger so I don't get such a bad peeling issue. No peeling on the other nails - that's totally gone. The two main ones still peel but much less.

My nails can more consistently grow longer rather than it being a special thing. Very happy! Very easy to use - dries fast. I've tried other stuff and it's never worked.

Also this product doesn't really chip off like other treatments or clear coats. So looks pretty good for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always had short, brittle nails that chip, peel, break, and never grow past my fingertips. I have tried every Sally Hansen product on the market as well as biotin supplements and oil soaks to try to make my nails grow strong and long. After reading numerous good reviews of Formula 2, I had to give it a try. I applied it by itself every day and refrained from painting my nails with colored polish for two months. I read some reviews that said to be patient and wait 2-3 months to see results, because the nails had to have time to grow all the way out before they could start growing in strong.

After two months, I saw no big difference in my nails. Some very stubborn nails that always break, like my pointer fingers, finally grew a little bit longer. But I still had breakage and peeling. I decided to keep trying Forumla 2. After the initial two months of using just Nailtiques, I continued using it as a base coat underneath my colored nail polish. I wouldn't paint my nails without using it. For six months, it was always on my nails.

After those six months, I haven't seen much improvement at all. My nails are hard, and I experience a bit less peeling. However, I still have just as much chipping and breaking as I had before using Nailtiques. My nails still don't grow past my fingertips without breaking. When I use it as a base coat, I can peel my nail polish off in sheets. The formaldehyde in the polish has slightly yellowed my nails, too. Overall, this was definitely not worth it. After 6 months of constantly having Nailtiques on my nails, they still break and chip, and aren't any longer. I definitely wouldn't buy this again. In the future, I'll look for something that can make my nails more flexible; maybe then they'll be more resistant to chipping and breaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this product & after using it for a month as described the white tip part of my nails began to advance towards my cuticle. I found that my nails are separating from my nail beds. I called Nailtiques customer service & they told me that formula 2 is too strong for me & that I should use formula 3 since she said it sounds like I have brittle nails. I really feel this is a horrible side effect that there is no warning for on their webpage nor on the product. I cut my nails short for fear that I may hit the tip and have my entire nail come off. I'm now moisturizing with cuticle oil & cream through out the day hoping that this grows out & that the new growth will be attached like before. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone for fear of what happened to me might happen to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Magic. It's literally like nail magic in a bottle. I used this when I was a teenager and people didn't believe my nails were real. I remember my aunt actually grabbing my finger and pushing on my nail trying to bend it! Price is so high that I tend to put off repurchasing but then I pay the figurative price for it; soft, weak, peeling nails.

I was at ulta last week when an older woman next to me in the nail aisle asked me if I had ever tried the nail envy she was holding. I had in fact (of course, I feel like I try everything), and I told her I did not notice any improvement with it. She told me she has issues with her nails being soft and peeling and she was desperate for something to help. I gave her this and told her to expect miracles. Hoping she's as happy as I am (and most people here are) with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by JanineDesiree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems I may be the only person who did not like this product at all. Which I guess it's good, but not for me. After dealing with horrible nails for what seems like my whole life I came to MUA to check out reviews and all signs pointed to Formula 2 by Nailtiques. The price was not really something I wanted to pay but the reviews helped me decide that it was worth it.

I used it for one week and it seemed to do it's job but by the end of the week my nails were starting to feel funny. I figured it was just that I'd been using a lot of products on my nails recently, a lot of polish and polish remover and then Formula 2. So I took it all off and went with bare nails for a week and just used a lot of moisturizer. (Lemony Flutter by LUSH)

My nails looked pretty good so after a week off from anything on my nails I decided to use Formula 2 again. I put it on sometime around noon and come bedtime my nails were feeling a bit sore. But not all of them. I figure I may have jammed a finger or two while cooking dinner that night.

When I woke up the next day they were still sore and feeling a bit itchy. I still didn't think much of it and put another coat of Formula 2 on my nails again. Within a couple hours my nails felt horrible. They all hurt as if I had slammed them in a door and they were so so so so so SO itchy!!

Then the worst happened. I woke up the next day and the nail on my right thumb started to pull away from my finger! I noticed it was also happening with other fingers as well, but not all. 3 fingers in my right hand and two on my left. Once I saw this I took off the product and washed my hands like crazy.

By the next day my fingers were feeling much better but they looked horrible.

It's been 5 weeks and my nail are starting to look OK. But the nail on my right thumb was a complete wreck and I am only seeing results now. There's a lot of dead skin under my nail and I have constantly been trying to fix the problem. A lot of Lemony Flutter and constantly cutting my nails short to keep them as clean as I can. I've been using Essie's Millionails since I removed Formula 2 and things are looking pretty good.

Nailtiques website claims 100% satisfaction guaranteed. However, 5 weeks later, I've yet to receive a reply to the email I sent. At this point I don't expect to either.