April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 - Nail Protein

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This treatment saved my nails! I, unfortunately, let my nail care become a low priority. As a result, my nails were peeling, cracked, and painfully thin. I started using this for two months straight, with one application per week (using two coats per application). During midweek, I would apply another thin coat. After consistent use for about 6 weeks, my nails were strong and healthy. Now that my nails are back in great condition, I no longer need to use this. However, if I ever get back in that situation, I will repurchase this treatment. One bottle (.25 fl. oz.) lasted the entire 2 months. Towards the end of the bottle, it started to get goopy but application was not a problem for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it! I've always battled being able to grow my nails cause they peel and I have to file them down.

This product pretty much worked in days. I wasn't super good about following the instructions perfectly about reapplying. I pretty much put it on in between wearing gels. I have my own set of gelish (like shellac) at home. When I take that off often my middle fingers are peeling badly. So now I put it on for the few days in between before I redo my nails and it keeps them much stronger so I don't get such a bad peeling issue. No peeling on the other nails - that's totally gone. The two main ones still peel but much less.

My nails can more consistently grow longer rather than it being a special thing. Very happy! Very easy to use - dries fast. I've tried other stuff and it's never worked.

Also this product doesn't really chip off like other treatments or clear coats. So looks pretty good for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Pestina18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've always had short, brittle nails that chip, peel, break, and never grow past my fingertips. I have tried every Sally Hansen product on the market as well as biotin supplements and oil soaks to try to make my nails grow strong and long. After reading numerous good reviews of Formula 2, I had to give it a try. I applied it by itself every day and refrained from painting my nails with colored polish for two months. I read some reviews that said to be patient and wait 2-3 months to see results, because the nails had to have time to grow all the way out before they could start growing in strong.

After two months, I saw no big difference in my nails. Some very stubborn nails that always break, like my pointer fingers, finally grew a little bit longer. But I still had breakage and peeling. I decided to keep trying Forumla 2. After the initial two months of using just Nailtiques, I continued using it as a base coat underneath my colored nail polish. I wouldn't paint my nails without using it. For six months, it was always on my nails.

After those six months, I haven't seen much improvement at all. My nails are hard, and I experience a bit less peeling. However, I still have just as much chipping and breaking as I had before using Nailtiques. My nails still don't grow past my fingertips without breaking. When I use it as a base coat, I can peel my nail polish off in sheets. The formaldehyde in the polish has slightly yellowed my nails, too. Overall, this was definitely not worth it. After 6 months of constantly having Nailtiques on my nails, they still break and chip, and aren't any longer. I definitely wouldn't buy this again. In the future, I'll look for something that can make my nails more flexible; maybe then they'll be more resistant to chipping and breaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product & after using it for a month as described the white tip part of my nails began to advance towards my cuticle. I found that my nails are separating from my nail beds. I called Nailtiques customer service & they told me that formula 2 is too strong for me & that I should use formula 3 since she said it sounds like I have brittle nails. I really feel this is a horrible side effect that there is no warning for on their webpage nor on the product. I cut my nails short for fear that I may hit the tip and have my entire nail come off. I'm now moisturizing with cuticle oil & cream through out the day hoping that this grows out & that the new growth will be attached like before. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone for fear of what happened to me might happen to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Kaneve

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Magic. It's literally like nail magic in a bottle. I used this when I was a teenager and people didn't believe my nails were real. I remember my aunt actually grabbing my finger and pushing on my nail trying to bend it! Price is so high that I tend to put off repurchasing but then I pay the figurative price for it; soft, weak, peeling nails.

I was at ulta last week when an older woman next to me in the nail aisle asked me if I had ever tried the nail envy she was holding. I had in fact (of course, I feel like I try everything), and I told her I did not notice any improvement with it. She told me she has issues with her nails being soft and peeling and she was desperate for something to help. I gave her this and told her to expect miracles. Hoping she's as happy as I am (and most people here are) with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by JanineDesiree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It seems I may be the only person who did not like this product at all. Which I guess it's good, but not for me. After dealing with horrible nails for what seems like my whole life I came to MUA to check out reviews and all signs pointed to Formula 2 by Nailtiques. The price was not really something I wanted to pay but the reviews helped me decide that it was worth it.

I used it for one week and it seemed to do it's job but by the end of the week my nails were starting to feel funny. I figured it was just that I'd been using a lot of products on my nails recently, a lot of polish and polish remover and then Formula 2. So I took it all off and went with bare nails for a week and just used a lot of moisturizer. (Lemony Flutter by LUSH)

My nails looked pretty good so after a week off from anything on my nails I decided to use Formula 2 again. I put it on sometime around noon and come bedtime my nails were feeling a bit sore. But not all of them. I figure I may have jammed a finger or two while cooking dinner that night.

When I woke up the next day they were still sore and feeling a bit itchy. I still didn't think much of it and put another coat of Formula 2 on my nails again. Within a couple hours my nails felt horrible. They all hurt as if I had slammed them in a door and they were so so so so so SO itchy!!

Then the worst happened. I woke up the next day and the nail on my right thumb started to pull away from my finger! I noticed it was also happening with other fingers as well, but not all. 3 fingers in my right hand and two on my left. Once I saw this I took off the product and washed my hands like crazy.

By the next day my fingers were feeling much better but they looked horrible.

It's been 5 weeks and my nail are starting to look OK. But the nail on my right thumb was a complete wreck and I am only seeing results now. There's a lot of dead skin under my nail and I have constantly been trying to fix the problem. A lot of Lemony Flutter and constantly cutting my nails short to keep them as clean as I can. I've been using Essie's Millionails since I removed Formula 2 and things are looking pretty good.

Nailtiques website claims 100% satisfaction guaranteed. However, 5 weeks later, I've yet to receive a reply to the email I sent. At this point I don't expect to either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by dseniz

dear ladies!

this product literally saved my peeling, brittle, weak nails less than in a month! i've used several nail products such as CND Toughen Up, Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps and many others.

i use this alone or under my nail polish every day. it dries fast and looks so natural on the nails.

just be careful not to get any product on your cuticules!

xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

This product completely restored my soft, brittle, peeling, cracking, etc. nails to long, healthy and strong nails. I was on several medications that caused my nails to become very weak amongst other things, and I was skeptical as to whether or not anything would fix them. I can not live without this anymore! I always notice a difference if I stop using it...but I don't do that often! It can be used alone or as a base coat, so you won't have to buy two seperate products! I love wearing it by itself because it's incredibly shiny and makes your nails look flawless. The only downside is the bottom 3rd of the bottle gets rather thick. I have bought this at CVS and ULTA so it is fairly easy to find. This is definitely a product I will always have on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by sybsters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the BOMB! I never say that but it truly is! Whenever I stop using it, my nails chip and are weak. I'm not one of those people with rock hard fingernails, no matter how many vitamins I take. Helps my nails grow and keeps my nails hard! The only downside is that once it's almost a quarter full it gets thick and gloppy, probably why nailtiques sells a nail polish thinner!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Liquid silk for your nails! This is worth spending a couple dollars more over any of the Sally Hansen nail strengtheners. It feels very smooth going on and it protects your nails to allow them to grow. I have not have issues with it peeling and I am a nail picker. Worth the hype!