Nailtiques Formula 2 - Nail Protein

4.4

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Toluene, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Dibutyl Phthalate, Acylic Resin, Formalin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Calcium, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Gelatin

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just changed to this polish from the plus verion about 3 weeks ago. I still LOVE the plus version (see that review) but this version is cheaper so I thought it was time I made the switch. This formula is not as "gooey" as the plus...a little thinner...but it seems to work just as well at keeping my nails strong and keeping my polish looking nice. But honestly, my nails are now stronger with nothing on them at all so the real proof will be in a few months when the nails that have been treated with the plus version have grown out. I'll update again in a few months, but for now if your nails are doing well on the plus version, I do recommend trying the non-plus for less money. If you haven't tried either and you have problem nails, DO NOT HESITATE!!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!!

I have noticed, as a side note, that when my nails DO break (more than a chip off the end), they tend to break down in my nail bed. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but ouch! It's only happened maybe 3 times and it might be my fault (trying to open a bathroom drawer from the side so it hit my thumb nail instead of using the drawer knob) but they do at least grow out faster now. And it's actually very difficult to cut my thumb nails now with a nail clipper because they're so thick and strong. YEAH!!!!!

I like this stuff even though it's expensive IMO. I'm at the end of one bottle and now it's thick, so I need to figure out how to thin it out or lose almost a quarter of the bottle. I can definitely tell a difference in the strength of my nails when I use it regularly.

I have had very weak nails for my whole life. My nails never grew very long because they would always break off and the bed of my nails were very flat. Then I started using this twice a week for at least 4 week now and i see a huge difference. The bed of all my nails are starting to round and the nail itself is so much thicker!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This saves me from visiting the salon! My real nails grow nicely without chipping or peeling. Wish I knew this in my 20s! I love this and recommended to my loved ones. It's a life saver aka nail saver!! My nails are long and strong. Thank u MUA for this amazing 411 :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nailtiques 2 saved my nails! I struggled with peeling nails for many years and tried every moisturizing basecoat under the sun, as I assumed moisture was what my nails needed. After seeing several posts on the Nail Board recommending Nailtiques 2 for peelies, I gave it a try.

I do not use this product per the directions, rather I use it as my basecoat and change it once a week with my polish. By the third use, my peelies were gone and have not returned. I actually have to trim my nails down due to length, rather than peeling! The only additional product I use is oiling my nails nightly before bed.

The price is a bit high for this item, but you can get a half size bottle to try it first. I got a half size on Amazon for less than $10.

I have been using this for about 5 weeks- I never had especially brittle or peely nails, but the tips would inevitably get a small chip on the sides... I have been applying daily for 5 weeks, removing weekly or when the polish started to peel or chip. I have not used any additional nail polish or treatment. I love how my nails look so shiny and a bit thicker when wearing this. They are much stronger and have not chipped, not once! They look beautiful. I will be applying colored polish this week and using this a my base coat. I wanted to wait a few weeks and solely use this and see the difference it made.
I turned my friend onto this and she noticed her peeling problems were fixed in a few days! I actually cut my nails down this week on my own, and not because I had to (because I usually do when one of my nails chip- I like them all the same length).
I am down to the bottom of the bottle and will be repurchasing Formula 2. After that next bottle is done, I may consider using the Formula 1 for maintenance, but I am not sure... I might just stick with the 2.

I'm cautiously optimistic about my nails after using this for several weeks. Some, but not all, of my nails were a peeling, breaking hot mess. Nail Envy did nothing, NailTek Intensive II did nothing, despite working wonders before. So I bought this and have been using it regularly - one coat a day followed by a nice cuticle massage with Mango Mend. My nails are hard, but not brittle. The teeny peelies that I can see that have been growing out - they refuse to peel any further! It even started to peel off after so many coats (you can only expect it to last so long) and the nail underneath was not fazed by peeling nail polish off of it. I'm very impressed, and SO grateful for the recommendations.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

To put this simply, this product has been the answer to my ugly nails' prayers. For as long as I can remember my nails have been prone to splitting and peeling. And if they're not peeling they're breaking. So either way, I couldn't get my nails to grow and strengthen. So after reading the rave reviews, I bought this with full confidence and it worked wonders.
I used it by itself for about two weeks and now they won't stop growing! My nails are no longer weak and easily break; they're strong and long. My mom was so surprised she asked me what my secret was so I recommended her this product as she'd been having the same problem. Now her nails look amazing just like mine, so my aunt started asking and so on, so now my entire family has been using this.
It's great to keep up the health of your nails between painting them as well, so I would definitely get another bottle when I run out. Although the bottle is tiny it's lasted, dries quickly, and dries naturally. Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Notice: I never used this more than a week or so at a time - too much protein isn't good for nails. I used it when my nails were peeling.

This is a good product for when my nail are dry, actually, but it doesn't strengthen them as much as I would've liked - I get a much better result from Trind Natural Nail Repair. What I really like about this, and what makes me give it 4* instead of 3: when my nails are peeling, this somehow fills in those places. I can't even explain how this is possible. I mean: logically, when you take your nail polish off, your nails shouldn't look any different than before the polish... but it's not the case with this. When I was wearing gel nails, I sometimes was stressing, and had a tendency to pick at them - badbadbad! Some of the top layers of the nail sometimes followed with it, and I got these ugly, flaky nails. When I used this after, my nails somehow healted themselves on only a week or so.... I really have no clue how this happent, but the result was clearly visible as smooth, non-peeling nails. Must be some black magic in here! :P ...Or maybe it moisturizer the nail, although protein for hair does the oposite. Trind make my nails be very hard when they're growing out, but they don't glue flaking nails back together. Also: Nailtiques makes the nails very smooth after wearing it for some time, while Trind can do the slightly oposite.

Now to what I didn't like so much: this nail polish is a bit annoying in terms of finish. It dries pretty quickly, but to a kinda... rubbery finish. It also doesn't get very hard either - I easily get scrapes in it, or can scrape it off my nails. The wear-time isn't very good. These are two things Trind doesn't do: it dries to a completely smooth, slippery finish, and it's hard to scrape it off. This makes me want to put another polish over the Nailtiques one, but then you partly ruin the purpose of the polish. Trind makes my nails really hard, while Nailtiques doesn't really change the hardness of my nails that much. Nailtiques also became very thick after a few months, which made it a bit annoying to apply

I guess this could be perfect for some people, depending on what nail-problems they have

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My nails are soft, peeling and I'm a swimmer so that made it worse. I've tried Nail Envy, Quimica Alamina, Rejuvicote. Nail Envy did nothing. The other 2 hardened my nails but did not repair the fault in my thumb nails. Both of my thumbnails have a fault in the nailbed I think is from getting acrylics years ago. They grow out with a split at both corners right at the quick and eventually it breaks off. 3 weeks of Nailtiques 2 and no splits at the quick for both thumbnails! I hope they are gone for good! I went ahead and purchased the formula one.

Popular Treatments