Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 1/21/2015 1:48:00 PM

I bought this for my under eye area. I didn't remove the sticker, just stuck a pin through a couple of the holes to prevent all of the product from spilling out. I use this every day, but mostly because I have it, not because it does anything great for me. It is very shimmery, but thank goodness that isn't obvious with the naked eye. I don't really see any brightening effect, and it cakes and creases as much as any other powder would.

on 1/5/2015 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I bought this with a voucher I had for Christmas as I fancied something to set my under eye concealer with. Utter disappointment. I may as well use baby powder on my face. I used it sparingly and it instantly settled into my makeup and fine lines- I'm only 30 and don't have many!
It's the only time my partner has said 'are you wearing foundation?' As he hates heavy make up, as do I. As it set into my make up it took away the 'dewy glow' I have from it too which emphasised my dark circles.

The pot it comes in is also isn't very nice. The only positive thing I could think of is that it would probably last you a while as you only need such a tiny bit.

Boo to my wasted voucher! :(

on 12/23/2014 6:57:00 PM

I really love this powder. It's one of the few powders I've used that actually prevents my undereye concealer from creasing. I use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and all the other powders (MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and NARS Pressed Powder) did not prevent it from creasing, but with this I have no creasing!

I also think that the slight shimmer in it actually does brighten up my undereye circles and I do notice a difference after I apply it over my concealer. The shimmer can look somewhat scary on your hand or in the jar, but don't worry it really doesn't look like a disco ball when you put it on under your eyes! I've also used it to set my cream highlighter along my nose and on my forehead, and it looks nice used like this as well.

on 12/19/2014 9:13:00 AM

This is some good stuff! I was using elf's HD under eye concealer. When I was looking for a new concealer I was interested in Laura Merciers Secret Camouflage which, I love so when I was reading about that I came across this powder. I ordered it right away as I get bluing because I'm so pale in the corner of my eyes. It makes me look like I have insomnia which I kinda do. So I though using this with the concealer only in the corners of my eye might help. Well this powder is amazing! I sweep this with a fluffy concealer brush under and in the corners of my eye. It makes my eyes look so alive! The sparkle actually is kinda not a sparkle because it's used to reflect the light. So the shimmer isn't a deal breaker it's what helps make this product.

I also had a red spot under my eye and with a touch of cover up and this powder and it's gone! I also like how my eye makeup does not move with this. I don't get the mascara panda either. It just makes my under eye area look awake and fresh nothing crazy. It's really amazing how it reflects light to give that well rested appearance which I need sometimes. I also use it just to set my foundation under my eyes and keep my eye liner in place. It's pricy but for me it's plenty for the price and will last forever in my case. I'm an NW20, NARS Monte Blanc, green eyes, blonde hair for reference. I'm the number 1 shade in this and I really like what it does. Instant sleep and no discoloration I'll take it. Recommended!

Seriously this product is god sent! Magic!! Naturally Brightens any area I sweep across!!

I LOVE this product. I use it primarily to set my concealer under my eyes. It helps to stop my concealer creasing but also helps to disguise my dark circles even further! Definitely recommend using this over concealer as I think it helps to reflect light and help colour correction.

on 10/9/2014 3:27:00 AM

Beautiful, Finely milled and so light! I also got Nars Loose Powder and Elf HD, beecause I read they were comparable and cheaper. No. Not comparable. This with the concealer is SUCH a help with my older eyes. I don't want raccoon eyes and I don't want cakey eyes. I get plenty of sleep and just need some help with shadows. This is IT.

on 10/6/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whoever said this powder is like a Instagram Filter wasn't lying.

First off I was debating on getting this or the Ben Nye Banana Powder, I have never tried the Ben Nye Powder but I don't like the way it looks on Women of color in pics, I am a NC 45-50 in Mac, Cadiz in Nars Sheer Glow , sometimes it can be a little too yellow in photos which I hate So I decided to get this and thank god I did I first heard about it through Kim K's makeup artist Mario, it brightens the under eye area and in photos it makes the under eye are look sealed and highlighted. As a selfie queen I was actually thrown off about how great it looked it does look like I have a filter on my photos.

Now the product,

The size of it may throw some people off especially for the price but A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY so this will last for a while. The powder itself has little specks of shimmer in it but again it is not very transparent it still gives a glowing matte look under the eye.

Application

I use a huge fluffy brush to apply it, I put a little of the powder in the cap then I dip the tip of my fluffy brush in the product and apply it under my eyes. Remember very little of this and it works great. Too much will ruin the whole look.

Longevity

Last all day no touch ups.

They are two shades of this I got shade # 2 which Is preferred for tan to dark tones. Darker toned do not be afraid of this product.

on 8/21/2014 5:51:00 PM

This product is pricey but so worth every dollar. There's enough to last you a year so you do get your money's worth.

I have a huge problem of concealer creasing into my fine lines. With some research I came across setting powders. I really don't like owning a lot of makeup but this was something I really wanted to try. I love Laura Mercier products -- and had no doubt that it wouldn't work.

Wow! It brightens my under eye area and it sets my concealer beautifully. It leaves a smooth matte finish and looks so natural. I have no problem with my concealer now! I hope this product is never discontinued--it's a beauty product you need.

It's very fine and only requires a finger to put on. I don't use a brush, only the tip of my finger. I pat, never rub. A little goes a long way so be careful!

on 8/20/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was first introduce to LM by my makeup artist on the day of my wedding. I have dark circles and this product works wonders. Ever since then I have always used this product on myself and all my clients (especially with brown tones and the ones that have dark circles around their eyes).

Recommended for Normal Skin