April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Loose Powders - Agnes B. - Radiant Loose Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by miranets

Me -NC30 yellow undertones, combo skin, oily tzone, somewhat sensitive to talc powders.

I have this in "lumier d'arore" sunlight yellow or some such gloss, a true cream medium yellow - for reference and comparison, a shade darker than T Leclerc Banane. Matte and no shimmer. I am a huge fan of true yellow make up, as it serves to brighten my ruddy-ish cheeks up and does not cause any sort of jaundice effect at all. It is the beige/peach hues in makeup that make me look *yuk*.

The mill is fine, to par with the likes of CdP(!) and T Leclerc, Kevyn Aucoin, Caron etc.. But it is heavily scented, a cloying musk/talc aroma, it is bearable for me and does not cause any problems.

The packaging is probably the worst I've come across. The first time I removed the sifter seal sticker, the entire sifter flew off! It is merely stuck into the container, no grip at all - so becareful when you open your first jar, pray you don't spill half its contents out. Once all technical glitches are overcome, the powder itself is lovely.

Coverage is sheer, probably best used as a setting powder on top of foundation or liquids, or for those of good skin and even warm complexions it imparts a very nice radiance. This does lighten my skintone a bit as well, but after it settles the colouring becomes very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

I have this powder in two colors- Baby Rose, which is a pale pink, and Translucent Sunlight, which is a pale beige. I like the rose color better, as I find the beige color goes on nearly white on my skin (and I'm pale, so that's saying alot.) This leaves an acceptable finish- not the best I've ever gotten from a powder, but certainly not the worst either. I'd order more of the pink stuff, but not the beige.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2004 1:27:00 AM More reviews by spookiecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. It doesn't look chalky on the dry areas of my combination skin and does a good job of keeping the shine down on my more oily nose/forehead. I've found that a lot of powders that are effective at absorbing oil look much too talc-y on me. Someone with really oily skin might find this stuff ineffective, but the texture works great for me. The packaging is not great -- it comes in a clear plastic ball with a really cheapie puff. The size and roundness of the thing makes it awkward to keep in a handbag I generally shake a bit into the top half of the ball and use a big brush to apply it. The price isn't bad, especially since this company does a whole lot of promotions and you can generally get it for less than the listed price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Translucent Sunlight and absolutely love it! I've tried a ton of brands and price ranges, but I always come back to this product. Plus, CCB Paris constantly offers half-price and free deals, so it's easy to find this for under $10. One container is packed with a ton of product, so it should last quite a while. As for the scent, it's too old-fashioned, but quickly fades after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2003 2:53:00 PM More reviews by stellina

I have the Dawn Sunlight shade (pale yellow), which I bought after using up another very famous French brand of the same shade. This compares very favorably & at a fraction of the price! It isn't quite the mattifying powerhouse that the other (LeClerc) is, but it actually makes it better for year-round wear as my skin gets somewhat dry in the winter. It has a nice, soft texture & is overall a very high-quality product. Some may be put off by the old-fashioned flowery scent (typical of French lines), but it fades away almost immediately & isn't a problem for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a cheap face powder and feels like it. It is so coarse as to be almost crunchy, and is hard to apply evenly. It is also quite visible after application unless really pressed in firmly. And the container is rather cheap and nasty. Loose powder lasts so long that I think it's worth spending money to get a good one - which this isn't. It's a false economy which can spoil the finish of even an expensive foundation, so I won't be using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2002 3:14:00 PM More reviews by duchess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the baby pink color and iI adore it. It smells nice but not overpowering. It gives my face a slight rosy glow and it feels very clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2002 12:15:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

I use the powder in "Dawn Sunlight" which is the yellow one! My only beef with this product is that the container is gigantic. So I periodically empty it into my own smaller powder container. Goes on light as air with very light and natural converage. Holds well. The yellow gives my skin a warm natural glow without looking pasty. Does have a slight scent. Excellent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2002 6:56:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an average face powder. I recieved it free with my CCB Paris order. It does have a scent to it, but it's not too strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2001 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Mary R.

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are 6 loose powder colors in this line: Dawn sunlight (yellow), radiant beige (golden brown), translucent sunlight (pale neutral), evening sunlight (lavender), sunlit passion (peach), and golden sunlight (dark neutral). Of these, only 2 are truly neutral (translucent sunlight & golden sunlight.) So if you want a classic look, stick with these 2. The others are for special effects. Lavendar is especially nice on cool complexions at night. Powder quality is excellent with good staying power. However, there is a delicate fragrance. If this would bother you, do not buy.