Nailtiques Formula 1 Nail Protein

3.5

on 6/1/2015 5:43:00 PM

This stuff rocks! I tried OPI nail Envy and wasn't that impressed so I figured I try this one. I haven't broken a nail in weeks and now have to file them down. True, it's expensive ($20 at CVS) but whenever I get a 30% off coupon this is what I buy. Join their beauty club, you get $5 coupon for every $50 in beauty items so that's like getting another 10% discount. That takes it down to about $13. Officially declaring this my HG base coat. I paint my nails 2-3 times a week and only use this as a base coat.
Editing to add - after a month still in love. My husband asked me when I got artificial nails on - nope, those nice long nails are all mine! I've had several of those ugh that had to break my nail moments but to my pleasant surprise no break! Still in love.

on 9/11/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I tend to use Formula 2, but Formula 1 (a little less protein) is also good.
Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Remember to hydrate (internally and topically) to help avoid brittleness.

on 8/4/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. I used Nailtiques 2 and 2 Plus, and although my nails became harder, they continued to split at the sides. I contacted Nailtiques and they advised me to use Formula 1 because it has equal amounts of conditioners and protein strengtheners. It hasn't helped to stop the splitting. (I'm now using a base coat for dry nails.)

on 3/25/2013 5:37:00 AM

I can't believe there were any bad reviews on this product! I got this on sale, for $8, which I thought was expensive. Anyway, let me tell you, my nails were a disaster. After wearing acrylics for 7 months, my nails would not grow for 2 yrs! They were a brittle, breaking, chipping mess. I used this little miracle formula for a month, applying it every 3 days, and my nails are now strong, long, and beautiful.
I will repurchase this at the regular price of $18, GULP!. I won't like it,, but this stuff is definitely worth it.

on 12/20/2009 1:17:00 PM

This stuff isn't perfect, but I've repurchased quite a few times. I've tried to use #2 and it makes my nails brittle after one bottle. The main problem I have with this is the packaging- after awhile the bottle cap separates from the brush. Other than that, it does the trick, keeps my nails pretty strong and refreshes polish midweek.

on 1/5/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this as a base and top coat when i get my nails done and it STAYS 3 times as long. I have really weak nails so usually after about 16 hours something flakes off and ruins the polish. With nailtiques as a base and top coat it stays for like 5 days nicely!! this is an amazing product for keeping the polish fresh looking, i'm not sure how awesome it is for re-healthening your nails. I can't be bothered to put it on everyday.. but i love it for polishing my nails.

on 4/5/2007 6:51:00 PM

I don't like Nailtiques at all. Flakes right off. Doesn't last a day. I've tried this several different times...with the same results. Try Millionnails by Essie....fabulous stuff!

on 8/19/2005 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OK, I'm reviewing #1 because not many people have. I've already written this in my review of the formula #2, (my HG), but the #1 just doesn't work for me. Sure, I've been told to move on to the #1 for 'maintenance,' but I tried it for a while (a few times, actually), and each time, my nails got crappy. Sticking with #2 forever. Of course, if I were on a desert island and all I had available was #1, I would use it--it is still probably better than most of the other products out there.

on 5/24/2005 5:43:00 AM

Whew...$30 CDN for something that is great at growing and maintaining hard, flexible nails...yet chips like crazy...and has formaldehyde in it...which makes it dry faster but isn't that stuff toxic? I know we're talking about nail polish here, but so many polishes nowadays are formaldehyde free, so I was surprised this had that in it. Anyway, I'm still searching for my ultimate nail fortifier, so until I do, I'll rely on this one.

on 10/22/2004 6:40:00 PM

I love this stuff! I know it's expensive at $18 a bottle but I have natural nails and when I break one I want it to grow back ASAP. This stuff helps accomplish that. I can usually grow my long nails back in about a week and a half. I keep this stuff around all the time. I use it as both a base coat and a top coat. Definitely recommend if you want long, natural nails.

Popular Treatments