Nailtiques Formula 1 Nail Protein

3.3

on 9/11/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tend to use Formula 2, but Formula 1 (a little less protein) is also good.
Great for weak, thin, peeling nails but do not over do it - take breaks and read about how to correctly re-protein/ize your nails.

Remember to hydrate (internally and topically) to help avoid brittleness.

on 8/4/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. I used Nailtiques 2 and 2 Plus, and although my nails became harder, they continued to split at the sides. I contacted Nailtiques and they advised me to use Formula 1 because it has equal amounts of conditioners and protein strengtheners. It hasn't helped to stop the splitting. (I'm now using a base coat for dry nails.)

on 3/25/2013 5:37:00 AM

I can't believe there were any bad reviews on this product! I got this on sale, for $8, which I thought was expensive. Anyway, let me tell you, my nails were a disaster. After wearing acrylics for 7 months, my nails would not grow for 2 yrs! They were a brittle, breaking, chipping mess. I used this little miracle formula for a month, applying it every 3 days, and my nails are now strong, long, and beautiful.
I will repurchase this at the regular price of $18, GULP!. I won't like it,, but this stuff is definitely worth it.

on 12/20/2009 1:17:00 PM

This stuff isn't perfect, but I've repurchased quite a few times. I've tried to use #2 and it makes my nails brittle after one bottle. The main problem I have with this is the packaging- after awhile the bottle cap separates from the brush. Other than that, it does the trick, keeps my nails pretty strong and refreshes polish midweek.

on 1/5/2009 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this as a base and top coat when i get my nails done and it STAYS 3 times as long. I have really weak nails so usually after about 16 hours something flakes off and ruins the polish. With nailtiques as a base and top coat it stays for like 5 days nicely!! this is an amazing product for keeping the polish fresh looking, i'm not sure how awesome it is for re-healthening your nails. I can't be bothered to put it on everyday.. but i love it for polishing my nails.

on 4/5/2007 6:51:00 PM

I don't like Nailtiques at all. Flakes right off. Doesn't last a day. I've tried this several different times...with the same results. Try Millionnails by Essie....fabulous stuff!

on 8/19/2005 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

OK, I'm reviewing #1 because not many people have. I've already written this in my review of the formula #2, (my HG), but the #1 just doesn't work for me. Sure, I've been told to move on to the #1 for 'maintenance,' but I tried it for a while (a few times, actually), and each time, my nails got crappy. Sticking with #2 forever. Of course, if I were on a desert island and all I had available was #1, I would use it--it is still probably better than most of the other products out there.

on 5/24/2005 5:43:00 AM

Whew...$30 CDN for something that is great at growing and maintaining hard, flexible nails...yet chips like crazy...and has formaldehyde in it...which makes it dry faster but isn't that stuff toxic? I know we're talking about nail polish here, but so many polishes nowadays are formaldehyde free, so I was surprised this had that in it. Anyway, I'm still searching for my ultimate nail fortifier, so until I do, I'll rely on this one.

on 10/22/2004 6:40:00 PM

I love this stuff! I know it's expensive at $18 a bottle but I have natural nails and when I break one I want it to grow back ASAP. This stuff helps accomplish that. I can usually grow my long nails back in about a week and a half. I keep this stuff around all the time. I use it as both a base coat and a top coat. Definitely recommend if you want long, natural nails.

on 3/25/2004 10:37:00 AM

Sadly, I was not at all impressed. I bought this product after my girlfriend RAVED about it. The bottle was almost $20, so I expected miracles. I used close to 3/4 of the bottle, and did not find it made any improvement at all.

Popular Treatments