September 1, 2014 | 1632 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength Nail Strengthener (Clear)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product quite a few times and have even gone back to it after trying other Sally Hansen base coats/ strengtheners. I do not use it as a topcoat.

Recently, my nails have really taken a beating. They are not nearly as strong as they were before and they peel easily.

I gave this a 4 because I think there are other things out there that would work better. However, I havent tried any higher end products and for a drugstore find, I am happy. It is much better than Sally Hansen Miracle Cure (did NOTHING) and the Sally Hansen Hardener (made my polish peel off in sheets). I'm looking for a truly good strengthener if anyone knows of one!

I just don't like the bottle. I dont know what it is about Sally Hansen's facination with opaque bottles but they drive me nuts!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Butterflywishx

Works well for me! Can I just say, the person (a few comments) below said it is a rubbish topcoat as it bubbles... It's a nail hardener/strengthener, not a topcoat. There is a top and base coat version so if you are going to purchase the top and base version make sure it isn't the hardener as both bottles are silver and can be easily mistaken. I myself am a liver I Sally Hansen nail products and this doesn't disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by MACmeoverxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just used Diamond Strength for the first time, and so far so good! I took my acrylics off a few days ago and I think most know how damaging that is. I got my manicure earlier today then stopped by the store to pick up an extra top coat. I just applied this product and I instantly see and feel an improvement! For the price, it is definitely a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ccolman

Has anyone had an issue with nails receding under the nail bed. Since I started using the Diamond Strength hardener the white part of my nails seems to be moving further back on the nail bed then dirt is getting stuck. I've stopped using it. Also noticed my cuticles are dry... Anyone???????

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a top coat. Never again! My main complaint with this polish (especially when used as a top coat) was that for me it caused MAJOR BUBBLE ISSUES. I tried making sure my colored polish was completely dry before applying. I tried applying it in cool weather as well as warm weather (since I hear warm weather/humidity can aggravate bubbles). I made sure there wasn't a breeze or dust in the air. No matter what I tried, I always got really bad bubbles. And, even after letting it dry for HOURS before going to bed, I seemed to always get sheet imprints.

I have since switched to Seche Vite and am much happier. No bubbles so far, and I love the gloss and quick drying time. If you're going to spend the money for a somewhat expensive top coat, you might as well do Seche Vite or something else that is quick drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as both a base coat and top coat. As a top coat, it provides an excellent shine with barely no bubbles, and dries within 10 minutes or so. In conjunction with using this product, I also file my nails to ensure that they stay strong. I have used this polish for the past two weeks and am very happy with the result so far. It is also very good at preventing early chipping, something that even my bottle of Seche Vite couldn't prevent! Feeling my nails now, they are almost as hard as a rock...and I put my nails through a lot, mind you!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by meisels1muse1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As everyone else has stated, it's done nothing for my nails - in fact, they might have become even more brittle ever since I started using this product. I just can't justify spending that much money for a clear basecoat that doesn't do what it promises, plus gets thick in under a month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this polish as a clear coat to add shine to my matte neon polish. For this manicure, I used one coat base, two coats color, one coat of this product, and one coat of a quick drying top coat. It made my manicure shiny without causing early chipping or peeling. I will continue to use and repurchase for this purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use this nail hardener either by itself as a clear polish or as a basecoat under other colours and it does make my nails harder. When I use this the peeling and breaking of my nails is reduced. However, it doesn't last too long. It starts chipping from the tips from the third day itself. But other than that, its a nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by yellowone

Maybe my expectations where too high but this product failed me.

It did make my nails stronger, but not strong as I expected. Maybe the name 'diamond strength' lead me to beleive my nails would become ultra strong, and that the bottle looked like it was made of titanium that this stuff would be hardcore.

Its just a nail strengthener, which its advertised as. But I felt like it should of made them stronger that what it did.

After wearing this for days the paint did chip off at the tips but thats to be expected from paint. However I did have a problem when it started to make my nails slightly yellow.

This has to be used as a base as it is mean to seal in and proctect the nails, but a base should not make my nails yellow. How funny, I need a base for the base!