October 24, 2014 | 1236 users online

Powders - Corn Silk Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the loose powder in original satin, and for me it's been one of the best makeup purchases I've made for ages.
I first used Corn Silk powder in the pressed version years ago and then kept changing brands for some reason - Loreal (meh, ok for every day); Maybelline (absolute rubbish); Revlon (worst I've ever had); Benefit (too yellow and expensive); Max Factor (good but too orange) - round and round the choices went until I came back to the old favourite.
This time I'm sticking with it as it's perfect for my pale combination skin. It's a true translucent powder, in that any amount of yellow or orange in makeup will stand out like a neon light on me. This doesn't show up at all, it just makes my skin look all smooth and airbrushed. It's perfectly compatible with my foundation ( YSL Teint Eclat in BR10) too. There is a little bit of shimmer but not too much, just a subtle amount.
The only little gripe I have is that the packaging is not brilliant - it might look good but you'd need to firmly tape it shut or the powder will get everywhere if you want to take it with you somewhere. Still, I would definitely buy another when it runs out (I've already got the matching pressed powder version).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Kpmuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product for oily skin!! Love this powder and is one of my makeup essentials :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Vicladelle

I've been using max factor face finity for years and have also tried estee lauder, chanel, yves st laurent you name it I've bought it often spending a fortune on face powder.
Cornsilk is by far the best loose powder for me and for once in my life it's also very affordable 6.00. I found mine in boots but you can buy it online, amazon definately stock it.
I use the satin version which leaves a matt yet luminous finish. It doesn't clogg pores and looks so natural...I was really down about my skin lately and this has transformed me I just love it. I use a little concealer where I have breakouts then just powder my dace with Cornsilk and that's enough coverage for me, it blends into your skin tone whether pale or tanned.
Try this girls you will love it and so will your purse!! (wallet)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I totally agree with the previous reviewers.
This is an excellent translucent powder for oily skintypes. It prevents shinyness for hours, makes your skin look good and matches a wide range of skintones. I've tried other far more expensive brands but I keep coming back to this one. A simple, no nonsense powder but the best as far as I'm concerned!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would never say that any product is my HG product,however I would say that because of my dry skin,I use to try and avoid applying loose powder as I just use to find that it would accentuate my dry/flaky areas.
I first used this product years ago at least fifteen years ago,and during this time I have intermittently tried other loose powders.
This particular brand does exactly what it says,it does not sit on top of your skin but blends seamlessly in to your skin.It has a slight beige tone to it,once it is applied it seems to become invisible and has a satin smooth finish.It can be applied with the powder puff and it helps to adhere to the skin when gently pressed in,and it becomes extremely long wear.
If you apply with a powder brush it gives a rather flawless professional finish.For the price you get a phenomenal amount of powder,it lasts ages.The powder is very light,even if you loaded your brush,it would make no difference.The packaging is basic,and I do prefer the loose powder rather than the compact.I do not use much compact powder as I apply so well that I have never felt the need to carry a compact with me all the time.I do not use this powder all the time but do use it in my rotation.It used to be sold in small chemists and Boots but it is becoming harder and harder to find this product.
If you have dry skin like me and at times it becomes flaky,then I would definitely recommend this one.Please see some of my other reviews which will inform you of some additional products you may purchase.
Thank you for reading.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by AYS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this powder for about 15 years - I have tried other brands but always go back to this. The colour is translucent but yellow toned so good for brown skin. It does not turn orange by the end of the day. It works just as well as the more expensive brands of powder I have tried (e.g Bobbi Brown) and you can reapply without it caking and looking obvious. Doesn't block pores. A great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Annie418

I've used this product for years as a finishing touch to my liquid foundation. I have tried more expensive powders and this one works just as well as the expensive varieties. I recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder for 5 years and it never fails to do its job of keeping my oily T zone matt throughout the day without drying out my cheeks. My hg face powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by angeladpi

This is my HG powder. I don't use liquid foundation because I don't like wearing makeup I can feel, and I don't like having to blend foundation to match my skin tone. I have used Cover Girl and Almay pressed powders, which can feel heavy in the summertime, and Corn Silk pressed and loose powders blow them all away. Corn Silk is light and blends beautifully no matter what you are (or aren't) wearing underneath, and it never cakes or looks powdery if you use moisturizer before putting it on. You look just like yourself, only with less shine! I will always buy this product as long as they make it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 1:33:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think Cornsilk might be discontinued because in every drugstore over here everything from the line is anywhere from 50-75% off. I started using Cornsilk back in 1996 when I was in high school. I always get the loose powder in Translucent because it always matches my skin tone, it doesn't matter if I'm tan or pale from the winter. It never cakes on me and it has never caused a breakout. I bought two powders when they were on sale to keep as trusty back-ups.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No