September 23, 2014 | 1683 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Non-Acetone Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

I purchased this for two reasons - because I really love Nailtiques Formula nail treatments and because it was non-acetone. Normally, I use Zoya Remove+ which I love, but I thought that considering my positive experience with Nailtiques and the lack of acetone, it would be even better for my nails. Wrong. It does quickly remove the paint, but it is SO much more drying than Remove+ which does have acetone but also has glycerin. It is so drying that it leaves a white cast on my fingertips. I won't be using it anymore and will be sticking with Remove+.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

Nailtiques non-acetone remover is fantastic! Dump the other brands down the drain and grab a bottle of this -- you won't regret it.

This product smells nice, but the best part is how it absolutely whisks away nail polish without disturbing the gel nails underneath. This lets me change my polish frequently without having to worry about the gel coating lifting.

I've even used this on glitters -- that does take longer than regular polish, but that is to be expected, so I can't mark it down.

This is a little more than other removers, but since it does the job SO FAST it's really worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this remover. It's gentle and moisturizing, yet I can even get glitter polish off with a little scrubbing and soaking. The lack of acetone really makes a difference for my nails. They do not like acetone. It really weakens them. The aloe vera in this is also very moisturizing. I find I can really grow my nails out with this remover, even using it weekly. I do use a nail hardener, though, to combat damage from chemicals for my soft nails

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

For a non-acetone remover, this blue remover works very, very quickly, but that's the only good thing about it. The bottle has a large opening, which makes spilling easy. When I first opened it, there was a lot of settled blue color at the neck of the bottle. After using it weekly for three weeks my nails looked dry and began breaking. Denatured alcohol, which is drying, is listed second on the ingredient list, so that could be the cause of the dryness and breakage. If you have dry nails, I would not recommend this remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Marielle4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very effective nail polish remover. Quick, easy and best of all effectively in mere seconds. Just press the cotton against your nail for a few seconds and wipe off.
I just have two remarks: it leaves a residue. It dries out the skin around my nails. So the use of a handcreme or Solar Oil after using the remover is a must.
The bottle I got has a really big opening and I have to be careful when I use it, or the remover spills all over my vanity.
Conclusion: not a fan of the packaging, and that's why I won't be repurchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really good, gentle, nail polish remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to try a non-acetone remover after I felt my usual acetone-based one was making my nails peel. I was using the Sally Hansen non-acetone one, but it was sometimes hard work to remove polishes using it (esp. with darker shades). Based on the good reviews here, I decided to try Nailtiques, and I am not disappointed. This green coloured remover takes off polish quickly and easily when used as detailed in the instructions, i.e. press a cotton pad soaked with remover onto the nails for a few seconds, then wipe away. In my haste now and again I have been reminded that it really doesn't work as well if you just try wiping the polish off straight away. I am impressed though that one soaked cotton pad can take polish off all 10 of my nails (though darker colours sometimes need a second wipe over with a clean pad to remove all traces of polish). Whilst this remover is non-oily/greasy, I do feel like it leaves some residue on my nails after using, so be sure to wash hands thoroughly if using more polish straight away. Whilst the product claims to have a 'pleasant scent', I personally wouldn't go so far to say that, but it certainly isn't as eye-wateringly strong as that of most acetone removers. This remover contains aloe and other conditioners, which I assume are responsible for ensuring my nails are not stripped dry after using this. Overall I am really pleased with this remover and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 6:44:00 PM More reviews by droberson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought this when I repurchased Formula 1 again. I really like it. It doesn't dry out my natural nails like some of the other non-acetone removers. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Nickilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this polish remover, it works quicky and is gentle on the nails ans cuticles, woud definately buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2003 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SueD

It has been my experience that it takes forever to remove nail polish with most non-acetone removers. Not so with Nailtiques. It is very fast as well as gentle on your nails.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No