Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 6/25/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm not really a high-maintenance person when it comes to my nails, but I work in an archive of sorts and do a lot of filing (yes, with actual papers and folders!) On filing-heavy days, my cuticles are frequently snagged by the edges of folders, and rendered dry and ragged by all the paper handling. It hurts, and regular hand lotion was really not doing the trick. I searched for a cuticle cream and tried a sample of Lush's Lemony Flutter and this Burt's Bees cream. I prefer the Burt's Bees because it's easier to find (sold in drugstores, whereas the Lush store is kind of a pain to get to), is cheaper, and also has more of the texture I'm looking for (non-greasy).

The packaging of this product is in a little tin, which isn't the easiest to use, but at least it stays firmly closed. I just scoop out the product with my fingers and rub it all over my cuticles, which can be a bit imprecise and messy but it works okay, and just let it sit for a while. The cream has a waxy texture, which can be a bit difficult to spread around until it warms, but I prefer that to something greasy. The cream smells very lemony and refreshing, and it really does seem to help with the dry cuticles and tenderness. I definitely plan on repurchasing.

on 6/18/2015 9:23:00 AM

I got this as a free sample from a Burt's Bees promoter in a 0.3oz tin, and I have been using it regularly for a few days and I love it. I have dry skin and drier cuticles, but this stuff just smooths them right out. A few notes: smells really good (like fresh lemons), lightweight but moisturizing, fast absorbing, non-greasy, matte-texture, easy to apply, travel friendly.

on 5/28/2015 10:58:00 PM

An all around great product. The lemon scent is so lovely, not overpowering or synthetic. I have very dry cuticles and am currently in the process of growing out my nails - this instantly smooths away the dry grossness around my nails without being greasy. It feels like a very luxurious product even though I bought it at my local CVS for around $6. I'd highly recommend this product, especially to those who are looking for a quick, inexpensive fix to smooth away visible dryness and cracking.

on 5/6/2015 11:00:00 PM

This creeped it's way to being one of my favourites.

I was walking around Sephora one day and I was at the Burt's Bees section and deciding to test out a couple of stuff and then I proceeded to walk around the shop, browsing.

When I was about to make payment for my stash of things, I realised my cuticles looked amazing and was not dry at all! Considering the fact that I basically damaged my nails + cuticles by painting it like crazy during my teen years, I have tried all sorts of nail and cuticle creams/gels/treatments out there and nothing works as well as this little cream of goodness!

It's not oily and I can apply it and go along with my day without worrying it will hinder me from using my computer/phone. Really handy as well that you can just chuck it in your bag and bring it everywhere. Smells lemony and fresh too!

You will also get REAL value for money with this product because this will last you a super long time! I have been using this for maybe about 3 weeks now? And there is hardly a dent made on the product.

Highly recommended!!

on 4/24/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is closer to becoming my HG cuticle treatment than almost any other product I've tried (believe me, there are many). With the very first use, my cuticles themselves looked great - smooth and hydrated with no ragged areas. However, I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I continue to develop hangnails. My nail plates don't look that moisturized or feel particularly smooth, although they are growing out thicker than before. So on the cuticle front, I really love this product, but I still need to supplement it with a good hand cream to keep my nails in decent condition. I love love love the scent - it smells exactly like the inside of a Lemonhead - and I also like that it's all natural. The texture is kind of strange to me...while it is thick and greasy, I think it seems more waxy than oily. It could potentially be used as an occlusive layer on top of another treatment, if you really needed to tackle crusty cuticles. I like that this comes in a tin, but I would definitely prefer something with a hinged/flip-top lid. It's kind of hard to open with lotion-y hands, and I don't like handling the lid after I've applied the product (the whole thing gets greasy). IMO, the price is spot on for what you're getting - I paid about $2 more for this product compared to a comparable cuticle cream from Sally Hansen, which wasn't as nice and contained fewer quality ingredients.

on 3/24/2015 8:06:00 PM

A before bed staple for me. Smells good, does what it's supposed to and doesn't cost an arm and a leg considering it lasts for at least 6 months the way I use it. I find it makes my nails look healthier (no peeling or breaking) as well as softening my cuticles. I'm an aesthetician and I can't really wear polish regularly nor do I want to. This keeps my hands looking tidy with minimal effort and safe ingredients.

on 3/23/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First use review: I thought this product would be greasy but it absorbs really well. I'm not crazy about the packaging, it would be great if they changed it to a compact style where you can just flip the top up. I applied the product to my cuticles and within minutes I've had a better result than what I've had using Sally Hansen Cuticle Rehab. It really made my fingers look and feel like I just had a mini spa. The scent is nice and clean, great product!!! Would buy again and recommend!

on 3/11/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I finally bought this based on all the rave reviews I've heard. I normally use cuticle oil -- in a nail polish bottle --- and I wanted to try a different formula. I must say -- this smells HEAVENLY! I can't stop smelling my fingers after putting this on. I do feel that it's greasy at first, but after a while, it soaks in and I've noticed that my finger tips/nails/cuticles are being taken care of a lot better than before. I think nighttime is probably best for this application so you can allow the product to really sink in.

on 3/11/2015 11:45:00 AM

The only cuticle cream that actually works, so why, oh why did Burt`s Bees stop selling their stuff in Japan???? My cuticles are beyond hope, even though I take good care of my nails, use a manicure set, moisturize like crazy, and always wear gloves when I wash the dishes. I`d have to trim them twice daily to keep them from coming back and cracking on me unless I use the Lemon Butter. Some reviewers complained that it is too greasy, but despite that it actually soaks into your cuticles, smells awesome, and stays true to its claims without nasty chemicals and additives. Nothing else I`ve tried since it`s been discontinued has worked half as well. Will repurchase when I am abroad.

on 3/3/2015 8:25:00 PM

This little balm may work alright however, I hate that silly tin. Have the hardest time opening it. Won't buy again.

Popular Treatments