Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 4/24/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is closer to becoming my HG cuticle treatment than almost any other product I've tried (believe me, there are many). With the very first use, my cuticles themselves looked great - smooth and hydrated with no ragged areas. However, I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I continue to develop hangnails. My nail plates don't look that moisturized or feel particularly smooth, although they are growing out thicker than before. So on the cuticle front, I really love this product, but I still need to supplement it with a good hand cream to keep my nails in decent condition. I love love love the scent - it smells exactly like the inside of a Lemonhead - and I also like that it's all natural. The texture is kind of strange to me...while it is thick and greasy, I think it seems more waxy than oily. It could potentially be used as an occlusive layer on top of another treatment, if you really needed to tackle crusty cuticles. I like that this comes in a tin, but I would definitely prefer something with a hinged/flip-top lid. It's kind of hard to open with lotion-y hands, and I don't like handling the lid after I've applied the product (the whole thing gets greasy). IMO, the price is spot on for what you're getting - I paid about $2 more for this product compared to a comparable cuticle cream from Sally Hansen, which wasn't as nice and contained fewer quality ingredients.

on 3/24/2015 8:06:00 PM

A before bed staple for me. Smells good, does what it's supposed to and doesn't cost an arm and a leg considering it lasts for at least 6 months the way I use it. I find it makes my nails look healthier (no peeling or breaking) as well as softening my cuticles. I'm an aesthetician and I can't really wear polish regularly nor do I want to. This keeps my hands looking tidy with minimal effort and safe ingredients.

on 3/23/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First use review: I thought this product would be greasy but it absorbs really well. I'm not crazy about the packaging, it would be great if they changed it to a compact style where you can just flip the top up. I applied the product to my cuticles and within minutes I've had a better result than what I've had using Sally Hansen Cuticle Rehab. It really made my fingers look and feel like I just had a mini spa. The scent is nice and clean, great product!!! Would buy again and recommend!

on 3/11/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I finally bought this based on all the rave reviews I've heard. I normally use cuticle oil -- in a nail polish bottle --- and I wanted to try a different formula. I must say -- this smells HEAVENLY! I can't stop smelling my fingers after putting this on. I do feel that it's greasy at first, but after a while, it soaks in and I've noticed that my finger tips/nails/cuticles are being taken care of a lot better than before. I think nighttime is probably best for this application so you can allow the product to really sink in.

on 3/11/2015 11:45:00 AM

The only cuticle cream that actually works, so why, oh why did Burt`s Bees stop selling their stuff in Japan???? My cuticles are beyond hope, even though I take good care of my nails, use a manicure set, moisturize like crazy, and always wear gloves when I wash the dishes. I`d have to trim them twice daily to keep them from coming back and cracking on me unless I use the Lemon Butter. Some reviewers complained that it is too greasy, but despite that it actually soaks into your cuticles, smells awesome, and stays true to its claims without nasty chemicals and additives. Nothing else I`ve tried since it`s been discontinued has worked half as well. Will repurchase when I am abroad.

on 3/3/2015 8:25:00 PM

This little balm may work alright however, I hate that silly tin. Have the hardest time opening it. Won't buy again.

I know every one loves this stuff but i wasn't a fan. It smells awesome and packaging was cute but that's where it ended for me. It felt too greasy!!

on 3/3/2015 11:58:00 AM

Just found my tin and cannot be happier! I've used this product for years and misplaced it while moving a few months ago. A very cold Canadian winter and no dishwater at my new place means my nails have been looking a bit rough ever since. A few applications of yummy smelling cuticle butter and my nails are back on track!

Will repurchase again and again until I die or they stop making it.

on 3/3/2015 12:56:00 AM

I've had this for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if it's doing anything to help my nail beds, but it sure feels nice to put on. I like carrying it around and putting it on when I'm waiting in line, waiting for the bus, etc, like a little bit of pampering. The smell is great and it's not too greasy.

on 2/21/2015 8:58:00 PM