Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder

4.5

on 1/30/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this Retouching Powder in Yellow after finding out that my local Bobbi Brown store didn't stock the pressed finishing powder which I had been hoping to test in store.

I don't know which of the two products would have been better suited to my aim of finding an oil-absorbing powder, but the Retouching Powder does have a mattifying effect when first applied.

I have read rave reviews about the Retouching Powder on a number of blogs and agree that it has a way of just adding a finished effect to completed make-up which is quite hard to pinpoint. The Yellow colour doesn't affect the colour of the underlying make-up, maybe because the powder is soooo finely milled.

A big gripe I have for this product is the packaging: the powder separator is not detachable so that any excess powder shaken out could be flipped back underneath, which makes a huge mess if the jar isn't kept upright and a bad travelling companion. This is a shame, as the powder can start looking a bit cakey after 12hrs' wear although, once reapplied after a long haul flight, it did a miraculous job of giving my make-up 24 hours' continuous wear.

Will give the Finishing Pressed Powder a go next time.

on 5/3/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These new powders from Bobbi Brown are great! I always have trouble getting blush to look completely blended out, filled in, and natural. Now that I've discovered these powders, I apply whatever blush I want, and then take a small floppy soft blush brush (the one I use that is perfect is Hakuhodo but I forget the #), and pounce and sweep some of the retouching powder over my cheeks and everything looks wonderfully blended and matte (not chalky or fake). These powders are my new favorite makeup item that I can't live without. The colors I have are Pink and Rose. I haven't tried the other colors so I don't know how they are.