Julep oxygen nail treatment

2.6

on 3/23/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, as always with Julep, if you are planning on buying this product, wait for a sale. I never-ever-ever pay full size for a Julep, it's too expensive, not worth it, and they always have sales so I just wait for one.

With that said, I think this is not a great product. I have used lots of treatments (Sally Hansen hard as nail, Essie Grow faster & Essie Grow Stronger, OPI Nail envy (second favourite) and Duri Rejuvacote (best treatment in my opinion)) and this is not part of the top 3. It's streaky, apply unevenly, make bubbles and is really thick and goopy for the last tier of the bottle.

I love the color after 2-3 coats, but it's the only thing I like, and it's a color easy to find a dupe for. Some possible dupe : Zoya Loretta, Essie Ballet slipper, OPI You callin' me a lyre? and probably others...

I would pass on this one and I will not buy again.

on 12/12/2014 2:44:00 PM

After two weeks of using this so-called nail builder is that my genetically thin nails are now peeling. I wish I had never used it. My nails are worse than ever.

All I can say good about it is, "I am not allergic to it."

on 10/26/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I have weak nails that split down the sides, the layers peel down from the tips, and I've tried everything. I have very oily nails, so acrylic nails lift within 24 hours, gel nails lift within 48, and I have found Essie Millionails to be the only nail product that doesn't completely peel off, until now! I bought the Julep Oxygen after reading reviews on the Julep site, and I am very happy with the product. I use one thin coat every 2-3 days, and remove it all maybe every second week then start over. No chips in the product, no peeling, it's great. Not sure why people would want to use a top coat or polish over it? The product instructions very clearly say to use this product on its own. It's a bit pricey, and when it thickens, I'll use a couple drops of laquer thinner in it. I will repurchase

on 2/13/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure about the "oxygen" concept when you put a top coat over it. Doesn't apply very evenly but better after the second coat. Even better with three. Nothing special here.

on 1/6/2014 12:10:00 AM

The color is lovely but the product does not apply evenly. At all. Boo!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received this in a Maven box and was a little unsure about it. I finally gave it a try and in the first few minutes I loved it. Then it changed. This has a gel shine finish and I liked it so much I applied more. I thought this was a little like Sally Hansen continuous care polish. I loved the pink shade. Then I started letting it dry. It started to have ridges and lots of bubbles. My nails appear to have little nicks in them and bubbles. The other thing is my nails feel so weak. I understand the other reviews I have seen on some blogs. My nails just feel a little ick and sore. Not impressed.

I tried the Oxygen nail treatment and it made my nails flake worse. The polish chipped the next day and took off bits of my nails with it. Big disappointment.

I give thumbs up for this treatment! I feel like this lets my nails breathe in between manicures but also makes my nails looking so shiny and elegant. it gives slight ballet pink tint...which is such a clean and flattering look for the office. i always have color polish on my nails but i can easily use this for a week without getting bored of my nails. I apply it on bare nails and reapply after two to three days. This should not be used with base or top coat. it is meant to be used alone as treatment and i really love it. i also like how Julep recently changed their applicator brush to flat shape. it is so much easier to apply now.

Popular Treatments