Koh Gen Do Face Powder

4.4

Basic face powder (not UV or color): Talc, Zinc Myristate, Silk Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Iron Oxides

on 4/5/2015 11:33:00 AM

I have the UV Face Powder in Light Beige and it's a lovely loose powder for everyday use. It has a slight pinkish tone and sheen, but has no discernible glitter or shimmer in it. The powder is really finely milled and feels very soft. Applies invisibly on the skin and looks very natural. The powder puff enclosed is also really large and super soft. One tub can last more than 2 years of daily use.

on 3/31/2014 8:47:00 PM

BEST face powder made, and I have tried them all. This powder blurs imperfections and looks natural. Fantastic!

on 2/18/2014 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Koh Gen Do lighting powder because I was looking for a face powder that would give me an overall luminous glow. The loose powder comes in a large tub with a screw off top. Inside is a powderpuff and under it is the plastic dispenser where the powder comes out. First let me talk about the packaging. The powder is very hard to dispense without getting it everywhere. I suppose you are supposed to tap the side to release some product but it ends up getting all over me or my counter which is a waste of product in my opinion. Secondly, the product itself is decent. The powder is very fine which I love and is very blendable. I use the Sephora stippling brush #44 to apply it. However, the glitter in the powder is quite course or chunky and does not really give me that natural glow I was looking for. The glitter is as thick as it is in the NARS "Hungry Heart" duo (which is quite chunky if you haven't ever seen/used it). I think that the powder would be X10 better if the product contained shimmer rather than glitter. Though I still use it from time to time I don't think I'd repurchase it.

on 5/27/2012 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Natural Lighting Powder. LOVE this powder! It's a very very finely milled powder that's a pale shade of beige but will not change the color of the foundation. It finishes off the Moisture Foundation to the point where it looks airbrushed. It does have an extremely slight shimmer, I don't even want to call it shimmer because it's so slight- you do NOT see it when it's on unless you're looking in a 10X mirror outside, and even then it's so subtle, but it makes the skin look flawless. I love this line and wish I would have found it years ago!

on 5/17/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Simply one of the best. I chronically experiment with loose powders and have a small army at home. Koh Gen Do Maifanshi loose powder is in my top 5: satin-matte finish with no shimmer/glitter (at least for the translucent and uv powders; the snowy pink and natural lighting powders have some), great setting/lasting power, silky luxe feel. I have dryish skin and KGD works like a dream for me. Invisible, but in the best way. In the normal canister, you don't get a huge amount of powder (12g; for reference, la mer has 25, Chanel has 30, cinema secrets has a massive 56!) but the finish is so flawless/noncakey that I actually prefer it to Chanel, LM, Cinema Secrets, guerlain, lunasol, Shu, and (gasp) Shiseido. It's one of those products that ruined me for lesser quality items (which isn't a comment on price point; see Southern Magnolia
minerals HD illuminating powder for another powder I really like at a much cheaper price.) Plus, it comes with a super plush puff that holds up well to washing.

on 3/30/2012 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love, love, love this powder! I'm currently using Nars loose powder, which I thought was good, but this is better. It's ridiculously expensive, but powder always lasts a long time and I think this is worth it.

I'm using the sample that comes in the sample kit from their website. It's a pure white powder and it's the softest face powder I've seen. There's no pigment in it, so it just disappears into your skin. It does not look white on the skin. Since my skin is dry, I love that it doesn't leave me looking dry like most powders, and there's no sheen whatsoever either. It just looks like skin. I've had no signs of breaking out from it at all.

It came with a nice powder puff, and I also use a small brush to get into small areas around my nose, etc. Usually I just powder my T-zone, but even if I use this on my cheeks I don't look dry. This is very good stuff.

on 3/17/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This colourless powder comes in a cylindrical shaker (cardboard) , with a powder puff, much like a talc powder. The first ingredient is talc, which doesn't bother me a bit. Sodium hyaluronic acid powder is the 2nd (or 3rd) ingredient. For the first 2-3 minutes, applied over their moisture fdn. it does seem to appear a bit whitsh, but it soon disappeared and the fdn. is set, looking natural and not a sign of cakiness on my dry skin. Within 2-3 hours, my dry skin, instead of appearing cakey, does look somewhat moist, not in a shimmer way, as this powder has NO shimmer/pearlescent at all.
For normal skin, as the weather is getting warmer, this may result in "mud-slide".
For the price Cad$75, I returned it, as I often skip powdering on top of fdn. as the skin eventually absorbed the moisture in the fdn. and set it anyway.

Recommended for Normal Skin