April 16, 2014 | 1389 users online

Treatments - Avon - Nail Experts Lemon Nail Fortifier

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was sent most of a bottle of Avon’s Lemon Nail Fortifier as a swap extra at a time when I was trying to help my nails recover from an awful experience with a NP remover (for reference, this was Honeybee Gardens). My nails had been breaking and peeling for the first time in my life and while I had gotten them *almost* back to normal, I still felt they needed more love so when this showed up in the mail I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

The first few times I used this was as base coat under polish. With no other BC, it seemed like my polish was chipping sooner and more than previous manis with the same polishes, so I tried a layer of Lemon Nail Fortifier, then base coat before polishing as usual and still, more chips and only a day or 2 after polishing. I assumed this product was not meant as a base coat and decided to use it alone on fingers and toes for about 1.5 weeks. When used alone, here’s what I noticed:

In natural, and some indoor, lighting my nails looked pink with this on. Almost like I had used a very sheer pink like you would for a French mani. Which was odd since the product is yellowish and meant, AFAIK, to go on clear.

Even alone, this “fortifier” chipped a lot. And, as with all chipped polish, it would snag and pull off, causing my nails to peel more.

After removal my nails were stained - bright pink for about a day and varying degrees of pink for a few days after. While that’s not a long time, we’re talking stained from a “clear” polish. Mostly visible in natural light and only where it hadn't already chipped off more than a day or two prior to removal.

So… I’m more confused by this nail fortifier than impressed. The extreme chipping didn't do much to fortify anything and I really prefer my naked (or just clear-coated) nails to look like my nails, not pink. So I see no reason to by this again and am actually having much better luck stopping the initial peeling issue with normal base coats and lots of moisturizer on bare nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

So I was having a problem with my nails looking real drab and over worked, like I had been polishing them forever without giving them any breathing room at all. They seemed to be peeling and even off colored with white spots of sorts. I got some of this stuff and started using it right away. It can be used all by itself or under the polish, thank goodness cause my nails were stained from all the strange colors of polish! I noticed a difference after the first use of this fortifier. My nails color and surface was better, not tremendously better but noticeable. After a month of using this stuff, they were so much better. I wear polish every day and change colors about twice a week so my nails are put through the ringer. This Lemon Fortifier has minerals and such. Whatever is included in the mix, it does make a difference. I am surprised I have not written this review until now but I wanted to share it with all of you since I remembered it when I replied to another person's post just now. Give this one a try and if it does not work for you, exchange it or get your $ back with the Avon promise.