July 29, 2014 | 952 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Media Pro HD Powder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is Ben Nye's brand new HD powder. Having heard horrible things about MUFE HD powder I was scared to try a HD powder, but I love Ben Nye so I gave it a go. It doesn't say what it contains, but I'm going to guess this one is 100% Silica exactly like MUFE.
It gives the face a beautiful airbrushed finish and sets the foundation great. Doesn't alter the color of the foundation. It is very light so you need to be careful handling it as it will vaporize and scatter everywhere if you aren't careful. The one thing I hate about this and probably the reason why I'm going to stick with the Visage Poudre (which I love), is that it photographs white if you apply to much. I need a lot of powder under my eyes to keep my foundation from creasing and this photographs with the white halos. Its great for daytime and non flash work, but for evenings with flash photography... forget it.

Note... it does have a sifter in the top of it, even though the picture doesn't show it.