September 23, 2014 | 889 users online

Loose Powders - Jurlique - Rose Silk Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by jacquelina23

I have very fair skin and even though this powder is translucent, it still left my skin looking a bit chalky, and I wear sunscreen and a bit of foundation before applying it. I have oily skin and it did a good job of leaving it matte but not anything more than other powders can do. But if you are looking for a natural organic powder, then I guess this has that benefit. I went back to my Clinique Blended Face Powder because it has a bit of color in it (or at least closer to my natural skin tone) and I use the Jurlique powder just for touch-ups after a long day. The best thing about this product is the smell - I love the smell of roses and it's a nice natural rose smell and not overpowering at all and it's always nice if someone is going to kiss you, they will enjoy the fresh smell! The packaging is also nice, comes with a mirror and a sponge but I use a brush to apply. $36 - it's not enough for me to purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. I use it on top of Dermalogica's Sheer Tint to set my T-zone skin. It keeps my T-zone matte and nice. Love the rosy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by abruzzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am up to my sixth jar of this. I primarily use it to mattify my shiny t-zone but it also sets makeup really well. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it is a translucent powder that comes in three different scents of which rose is my favorite. I used to not be able to use moisturiser and only used matte foundations because I would get so oily by the end of the day. However with this, I feel that I can wear a moisturiser, sunscreen and a relatively heavy/creamy foundation and not get any shine coming through for the entire day. I only ever need to carry it with me for touch-ups in very humid weather. The packaging is okay but I find it better to apply with a powder brush than with the sponge it comes with as makeup on the face is easily transfered to it. The price is also on the higher side but I think it's worth it for the quailty of ingredients and results. I'm not sure what I would do without this powder and I hope it is never discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by TheNonchalentBottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! The powder is so fine and it leaves a silky to your finish. It is a completely translucent white powder - and it's not one of those white translucent powders that come out chalky on the face, there is no chalkiness whatsoever!
I personally like the rose scent it has, it has a classy feel to it (haha I sound so jersey shore saying that, but it does!). The packaging is alright, the only issue I have, is that there's no divider between powder puff and the holes in which the powder comes out of. The packaging aesthetics are very nice, it's simply black and white - a nice clear cut image.
Overall, this is the best finishing powder I have tried so far. It looks natural, though I do spray MAC Fix+ over it, just so my skin doesn't look /that/ matte.
I wouldn't say it's THAT expensive at 24.50, mainly because I don't like to cheap out on face products. I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this powder. It is white and translucent, although can make my face a little paler just after application. Similar to MAC setting powder, just a little more exciting - I guess because of the packaging and smell. The rose smell is quite strong - I personally like it and it doesn't linger. I use this powder with a powder puff - buff it into the skin on top of foundation and then swipe off the excess with a powder brush, that way my pores look small and skin looks airbrushed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying so many different finishing powder, I always go back to this product. It's a bit pricy but definitely worth it. The powder is not as finely milled as some other cosmetic HD powder, but good enough to set makeup plus it smells so calming and comforting. The packaging is also great to carry around for touch up, it won't make ur face cakey like other powder touch up after a long day, just freshen up the face. I do recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lavvy76549

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this because of great reviews on another site. The packaging is pretty but what you pay for is not worth it.
First the powder is not as fine as I expected, I had one of my male coworkers smell it and he said it smells like grandmas house(LOL I tend to disagree).
The Rose scent is way too strong and I wish that I could have had it in unscented. I think that it does work better than the mac finishing powder but you have to pack that sucker on there.
Maybe I will try and order the orange scented one as a sample but I dont think I will order this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by susie4032071

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow this really keeps your face oil free for the whole day. Too bad it's so expensive. Still, I would buy it again. The smell is quite strong, but you can't smell it once you put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mscolor

Lovely product great especially for a long day where i need to keep my makeup matt and fresh. perharps even better for touch up but dont over do it as it might make your skin flake on drier days! Do note the expiry dates which are typically quite short.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this powder! The smell is absolutely wonderful. I use it to freshen up my skin during the day, as my t-zone sometimes gets a bit oily and also alone on days that don't require so much. It's perfect to me.