September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Nailgrowth Miracle Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LindseyKM

*update* I stopped using this product for almost a week and my nails stopped growing. I can tell because I have marks on my nails from them being squished under heavy metals/tools (I am a welder) that were growing out from the base/middle of my nail quite rapidly, they stopped growing out. Just more proof that this product works

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Nillalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very,very expensive in my country. Bought it for like 27$ . I use it along with Nail Miracle top coat.I can say it works pretty fast

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SavannahMurdock

This stuff is awesome! It has improved the health of my nails so much. They no longer peel and break. If you have weak nails, I would recommend giving this a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this product, and have been using it off-and-on for a couple years. I have really thin and weak nails, and when not properly taken care of, they snap off, break, and peel/chip. They get really dry (as do my hair and skin). I hated that I always had to keep them short.

At one point, i found Sally Hansen serum, at my local grocery store for about $8. It was a little pricier than I liked, but decided to give it a try. Originally, I had used the serum with the nailgrowth miracle polish that is supposed to go with the serum. I did not like the polish, as it peeled easily and actually caused further drying to my nails (so eventually I just started using a regular clear top coat polish, just to seal my nails and protect them). I used the serum every morning and every night, and definitely saw a difference. After 1 month of continuous use, my nails were not only longer, but also stronger. I've dinged them several times over the last month, and normally they should have snapped off- but not even a crack. :) I don't really have problems with my cuticles (I barely have any), so I can't say if it moisturizes cuticles. But it's certainly helped my nails. :) I think it's worth the money.

The thing is that you need to be consistent with it- use it everyday (at least before bedtime), and in my case, always keep a clear coat on your nails while they're growing so they won't peel or flake as they grow out (which is what happens to mine if they're bare for too long and exposed to the elements).

As some people have said, the key to making the dropper work is you have to squeeze the little white cap before putting it in the bottle, so it can suck up the product into the dropper. The one thing I dislike about the product (but it's not a deal breaker for me) is that bottle being opaque. While it makes the bottle look pretty, I don't like that I can't see when I'm running low. I only know to buy more when the dropper has nothing left to suck up, lol. Overall, I think the product is worth a try. It does take times and some work, but it did make a difference in my nails, and I use this stuff when I want to have long nails :)

*Also, a little bit goes a long way. Just a tiny drop per nail. This product lasts me a long time before I need to purchase more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by goldandrubies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great packaging, great promises on the package, but it failed miserably. This product only does half of what it claims. The package stated it moisturizes and perfects cutilcles while making your nails grow faster. I believe my nails did grow faster, but my cuticles got dried out while using this product. The miracle serum contains lemon peel oil, which is notorioiusly drying to your skin. My cuticles became hard and dry.

What I do recommend is the Sally Hansen Growth Gel, which contains castor oil, vitamin a, vitamin e, etc. It is moisturizing and makes my nails grow faster. Overall, the serum probably encouraged faster growth, but the benefit was not worth the dryness. Sally Hansen Growth Gel = good. Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Serum = bad. And I believe the gel is cheaper in price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by tarlillian13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have only been using this product for 2 days and I can already see a difference un my nails, they definitely soften up the cuticles. I noticed that some people were complaining about the dropper, the proper way to use is to squeeze the white tip before you put the glass tip in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Petlover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently my nails began splitting and just didn't grow....no change in health, eating habits, etc. I tried another nail mending product without success and saw this at my local rite-aid and decided to try it. The price $9.99 was slightly cheaper than the other product.

I found it much easier to apply with a q-tip and rub in with my fingers...it dries relatively quickly so no complaints there.

However after using it 3-4 times daily for exactly 14 days, I have seen no improvement. Only thing I can say is that my nails haven't gotten worse! I also didn't see any improvement on my cuticles as other reviewers have noted.

I would not recommend nor will I purchase again......I doubt that I will even try to use it up!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Littlemissninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was dissapointed with this to say the least. Sally hansen usually has great products, so I hought this would give some results. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it (I think around 10 canadian).
I used it in the morning and in the evening, sometimes even around noon, when I had the chance. I used it for a few weeks and noticed no difference. The dropper isn't bad, but a brush would have been much easier.Another thing is that the bottle is opaque, so you have no idea how much you have left. Overall, this product was a waste. The only thing it's good for is a cuticle oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Jammyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm new to this product so need to trial for a while longer and come back and update.
I haven't found any problems with the dropper in the bottle, although it probably would have been easier to apply with a brush!
I started to apply this around my cuticles whilst wearing some fake nails. My cuticles had been quite dry and I noticed the results immediately. I will continue to apply to my nails morning and evening and report back. I am a bad nail biter so praying this works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nlawrence84

Okay, first of all, the bottle and the dropper are terrible. I hate that dropper. I haven't noticed this product helping with my nails growth, however it has completely changed my cuticles and all the skin around my nails and I could not be happier with how much it has helped. Definitely recommend for cuticle health.