December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup SPF 12

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

Color intensity 2.0. I love Estee Lauder products and I was so excited to try this product. The container is quite lovely with a built in mirror that stays powder free since the powder is in a separate area. The power puff that comes with the product is so cheap that you should just throw it away. To get to the power, you need to screw off the mirror section which makes powder get all over the place due to the holes. Just be patient and tap the container and let it sit a bit so you are in a powder cloud.

The product is very nice quality, feels incredible and light on your face. I have very oily skin and I will say that I was so oily at lunch I was blotting my skin to get the oil off. By the end of the day, I was so embarrassed cause I looked like I was working in the kitchen frying up some chicken. If you are oily skin girl, don't even try this stuff. Go with the Dermablend setting powder instead. If you have dry skin, this MIGHT work for you, but at this price, not worth the try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by b2kkkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fairly good powder.. It doesn't cake and is quite buildable, I can layer a fair bit and the powder remains smooth on the skin as apposed to other powders that can sometimes melt off in places, bundle up on areas of the face and look cakey.
The coverage is pretty good but I can still see discolouration/redness on my skin that I have left over from blemishes (which was why it didn't get all the lippies.) But in saying that, if you're wearing concealer or a full coverage foundation underneath, then the powder should provide enough coverage to cover problem areas.

It photographs really nicely making my skin look smooth and airbrushed in pictures. It lasts a reasonable amount of time, but it's not one of those products that are going to guarantee 8 hours wear with no touch ups needed at all, it's average in this department. After 3/4 hours I get shiny on my nose and other areas of the face (forehead, temples).(also why I didn't give it all the lippies.)
BUT unlike other high end products that are average lasting, the double wear powder doesn't turn into a disgusting slimy mess on my face on a hot day. It still manages to look smooth if it's hot and I am perspiring. The intensity of the colour does fade on a hot day and you may need to touch up every few hours if this bothers you.
I like that if I've been out and about, running around , working up a sweat, my face is not going to go crazy where I've got patches of foundation slipping around and looking extremely noticeably messy.

It's matte-ish? it's not matte like Mac studio fix powder. The description of this powder and the name of it would maybe lead people to believe that it would be an extremely matte finish, which it's not. It's not a problem for me, but if you're after a very matte finish, this one won't give you that (imo.)
It's a smooth finish but it doesn't have a SILKY airbrushed textured finish that I like.So maybe a smooth semi-matte finish would be the best way to describe it. It also doesn't give that over powdered look, settle into lines etc. I love it when powders can transform the skin per say and I'm still on the hunt for one that will do that. This certainly makes the skin better but I want something silky and full coverage.

I also add credit to the fact that it's non drying as well. I get dry skin but am also blemish prone. It doesn't agitate my skin and dry it out. I've had the bare minerals powders dry my skin out quite badly where I would get flaky or skin would appear cakey due to the emphasized dry spots and a lot of other powders have done the same to me before. Even with a substantial amount of powder on my face, my skin can hold up and not feel dry and uncomfortable.
I would purchase again because it's really all that I look for in a powder except that the coverage isn't as full as I want it to be and I do wish it was more longer lasting. Still on the look out for something that will do this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Pro:
- good and buildable coverage
- didn't break me out like other products
- natural finish. Doesn't look cakey for me
- have SPF of 12
- mineral
- doesn't have an irritating smell
- doesn't smear off in the middle of the day. (For me it's 8 hours)
- doesn't dry up my skin

Cons:
- makes me really oily after a few hours if I didn't use a powder. Even if I did powder up, my face still looks a little shinny at the end of the day
- expensive
- personally, I don't like the packaging. It gets really messy and it's so bulky to put it in makeup bags for touch ups

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by silviasandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stays really long in my face, but it's too cakey and shiny, plus makes my face looks oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Fantastic coverage beyond any other loose powders I've ever tried. Had a lot of acne hyper pigmentation scars. Use this powder after I apply my Smashbox primer, green tint on scars and concealer. It really blends everything together seamlessly on my face for a perfect finish. I only have to apply one layer (a very thin layer) across entire face but if you need extra coverage, can keep adding layers until happy with the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade: Intensity 1.0 (lightest shade)
Cost: $36

I really love this powder. It applies lightly with good coverage, but still looks natural and not too matte or too shimmery. My one complaint is that it is too dark for me. It is the lightest department store makeup I've found and the closest to my skin tone, so I will probably buy it again. If they make a lighter shade, I will be all over it.

It has a great texture, good smell, and totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BigPrimpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder! My color is Intensity 2.0. I usually just swipe this on with a fluffy brush vs. the time consuming swirling that's necessary with BE and other minerals. Sometimes I do use the enclosed puff, which delivers more coverage. What I love about the puff (besides it being cute) is that it doesn't hang onto the powder and waste product. It really does all go onto my skin.
This goes on so smooth and natural looking that at first, I don't see much difference. When I look in a different mirror, you can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, yet my skin looks smooth, clear, and luminous. I haven't had any oiliness, irritation, or breakouts and the powder does last all day for me. (I have not gotten to wear it in the heat yet.) I can see how it would be easy to spill, so be very careful opening and handling. My only complaint is that there is no indication of sunscreen on the box or container of this formula. I believe the previous version did contain it, but I can't find any info that says if this one does. While I'm not crazy about the price, you get 11g and I don't wear it daily. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim ("oh, gee, I just need a few more dollars for free shipping... maybe I'll try this...") and am SO glad I did! I got this in Intensity 1.0 and am very happy with the color for my skin.

I have never used the powder puff for application and probably never will. I use a kabuki and swirl it on to my face, and it's so fun to watch myself basically being airbrushed. The finish is so soft, fresh and pretty. I would say there is a slight shimmer/sheen to it... it's not sparkly, by any means, but it's not matte either. If you need additional coverage, it's easy to apply another light coat and erase redness or uneven skin tone. Best of all, this doesn't exacerbate any dry areas. I have some dryer patches that other foundations really pick up on, but this glides right over it and any dry areas are unnoticeable. That can be so incredibly difficult to find in a powder foundation!

I've found the staying power is fine if I'm not doing anything taxing, and haven't noticed any oily breakthroughs in my t-zone. I wouldn't wear this during any kind of sporting event, or if you plan on getting sweaty. I do competitive show jumping, wore this while doing that one day, and was less than impressed with the results. My other favorite powder, DiorSkin Forever Flawless Powder, holds up much better in that regard. However, this is great for an everyday kind of makeup and didn't require touchups on my combination-dry skin, even with a generous coat of moisturizer under it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by bunnyjohnson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Aways been confident buying Estee Lauder products...but this powder in #3 does not apply well, it just looks uneven and feels awful/harsh on the skin.(later to reveal red bumps) Gives poka dot looking coverage and absoluety zero staying power. Compact gives great results, but loose is a NO!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a powder to set makeup with extra coverage or just a powder foundation with lasting power until you take it off, pick this up and try it. It's amazing.