April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup SPF 12

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlw8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Fantastic coverage beyond any other loose powders I've ever tried. Had a lot of acne hyper pigmentation scars. Use this powder after I apply my Smashbox primer, green tint on scars and concealer. It really blends everything together seamlessly on my face for a perfect finish. I only have to apply one layer (a very thin layer) across entire face but if you need extra coverage, can keep adding layers until happy with the coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shade: Intensity 1.0 (lightest shade)
Cost: $36

I really love this powder. It applies lightly with good coverage, but still looks natural and not too matte or too shimmery. My one complaint is that it is too dark for me. It is the lightest department store makeup I've found and the closest to my skin tone, so I will probably buy it again. If they make a lighter shade, I will be all over it.

It has a great texture, good smell, and totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BigPrimpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this powder! My color is Intensity 2.0. I usually just swipe this on with a big, fluffy brush vs. the time consuming swirling that's necessary with BE and other minerals. Sometimes I do use the enclosed puff, which delivers more coverage. What I love about the puff (besides it being cute) is that it doesn't hang onto the powder and waste product. It really does all go onto my skin.
This goes on so smooth and natural looking that at first, I don't see much difference. When I look in a different mirror, you can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, yet my skin looks smooth, clear, and luminous. I haven't had any oiliness, irritation, or breakouts and the powder does last all day for me. (I have not gotten to wear it in the heat yet.) I can see how it would be easy to spill, so be very careful opening and handling. My only complaint is that there is no indication of sunscreen on the box or container of this formula. I believe the previous version did contain it, but I can't find any info that says if this one does. While I'm not crazy about the price, you get 11g and I don't wear it daily. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim ("oh, gee, I just need a few more dollars for free shipping... maybe I'll try this...") and am SO glad I did! I got this in Intensity 1.0 and am very happy with the color for my skin.

I have never used the powder puff for application and probably never will. I use a kabuki and swirl it on to my face, and it's so fun to watch myself basically being airbrushed. The finish is so soft, fresh and pretty. I would say there is a slight shimmer/sheen to it... it's not sparkly, by any means, but it's not matte either. If you need additional coverage, it's easy to apply another light coat and erase redness or uneven skin tone. Best of all, this doesn't exacerbate any dry areas. I have some dryer patches that other foundations really pick up on, but this glides right over it and any dry areas are unnoticeable. That can be so incredibly difficult to find in a powder foundation!

I've found the staying power is fine if I'm not doing anything taxing, and haven't noticed any oily breakthroughs in my t-zone. I wouldn't wear this during any kind of sporting event, or if you plan on getting sweaty. I do competitive show jumping, wore this while doing that one day, and was less than impressed with the results. My other favorite powder, DiorSkin Forever Flawless Powder, holds up much better in that regard. However, this is great for an everyday kind of makeup and didn't require touchups on my combination-dry skin, even with a generous coat of moisturizer under it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by bunnyjohnson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Aways been confident buying Estee Lauder products...but this powder in #3 does not apply well, it just looks uneven and feels awful/harsh on the skin.(later to reveal red bumps) Gives poka dot looking coverage and absoluety zero staying power. Compact gives great results, but loose is a NO!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a powder to set makeup with extra coverage or just a powder foundation with lasting power until you take it off, pick this up and try it. It's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Freakay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the way this powder looks on my skin, Intensity 2 was a perfect match for me, great coverage with a fluffy brush and I would pat areas that needed extra coverage with a sponge. I have combination/dry skin and amazingly this lasted through the day (I put it on at around 6:30 am and by 9pm I still had good coverage). I rarely break out and I wore this for 4 days, and got 3 huge cystic pimples. Too bad because I honestly though I had finally found mu HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is simultaneously the most overpriced and most brilliant powder I have ever bought. I had serious buyer's remorse after shelling out £26.50 for a loose powder, but I had been so incredibly impressed by EL's Double Wear concealer that I threw caution to the wind and bought this from them when my last pressed powder ran out.

The coverage is light, but you can dab with your finger or use a well-loaded highlighter brush over problem areas. But the main thing I use powder for is in small quantities to set my foundation in the morning. I don't like touching-up because I hate the idea of layering on even more product, so in the day I tend to just blot.

This powder feels light, looks natural, and isn't sparkly - which is fabulous because most mineral-based powders look like a childrens' glitter tub. The added SPF is a boon for me because I'm very fair and burn to a crisp if I so much as look out of the window in summertime.

I've been using this for about a month now and I've found that it usually keeps me from looking shiny all day long, and for a coloured powder goes brilliantly unnoticed (I preferred translucent powder in the past - particularly MAC's Prep & Prime). It hasn't broken me out, or made my skin ramp up the grease like one or two powders have in the past (I won't name names!).

The packaging is sheer genius: the sponge stays clean and separate and the mill doesn't leak into the screw at all. Admittedly, I don't really use the sponge (I prefer to swipe and dab it around my face with a kabuki brush), but the sponge has a lovely velvety texture and doesn't get too loaded when you dab it in the powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by oliviadilorenzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Usually I'm not a fan of loose powders just because they can get really messy due to poor packaging, however estee lauder created the best container for loose powder. I think it covers imperfections well & has a perfect satin finish. The only thing I don't really like, is that it only comes in intensities. It doesn't have warm, neutral or cool undertones. I have very yellow/olive skin & medium depth, so I went with number 2 instensity. It's okay for the winter but this summer I'll need a much darker color. I would advise those with yellow/olive tones to use any other intensity but 2. Most of them are cool or neutral.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by briella86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this stuff. I tried Double Wear Light and really really liked it since it matched my skin and stayed put all day, as well as controlled my very oily skin like no other. The bad is that I noticed these red blotches popping up on my cheek bones. So I decided to try this stuff. This stuff sucks for me. It did not control oil AT ALL. The only place is stayed put was on the non oily spots of my cheeks, The color did match me well (Intensity 2.0). The really bad part is that it is breaking me out in actual pimples. I am returning this and buying some bare minerals until I can find something else. Oh, and I know some people say they see a shimmer or sparkle with this loose powder.... I didn't notice this at all. If you have normal or even dry skin this might be a good product for you. It isn't drying and blends really well. Just not good if you are oily.