July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! Just hate the packaging. I didn't like the concept of the flat lid over a tiny few holes, so I took it out. Well, once i put the lid on and picked it up to place it back, it fell and 1/3 of it spilled all over my carpet. Thankfully this was cheap and I can get it anywhere!! I got the shade translucent light for my NC20 light olive skin tone with yellow undertones. Matches nicely, and gives a good finish. Love that it's talc-free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I use this powder on top of my bb cream to give it extra coverage. I got it when CVS has their PF sale if not it's pretty expensive for a drugstore face powder. I love the packaging,it's so cute! I will not wear it on top of a full coverage foundation because it'll be too much and could make your face look cake-y. if you like powder foundation give this one a try,plus it has spf!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite powder of all time. The price is decent ($13) at my local cvs. The coverage is build able & never looks like I even have make up on, which I love. I've gotten more compliments on my skin when I use this powder & I never get compliments on my skin otherwise. No breakouts, no irritation. The packaging is a bit weird & messy, but aren't they all? I don't use the brush. I prefer my ecotools brushes for mineral makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this maybe 3 times because I hate changing skin products too often. There are some pros and cons but its really just an average drugstore product with a bigger price tag. Pros: it matched my skin perfectly and went on fairly well. It's light and doesn't make my face feel icky. It lasts for quite awhile. Cons: it's overpriced. The packaging sucks. It has a lid that's connected by a small tab. Sometimes the lid was faulty and hard to open and since its a loose powder, the powder would get everywhere. Poof! Right in your face. Too bad if you didn't want to inhale your make up. Tapping the brush on the side just sends even more powder into the air. The brush is a nightmare as well. Does not grab ahold of the powder at all. When you move the brush to your face, you'll get powder all on the front of your clothes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted a powder foundation for the warmer months... and though I love Bare Minerals, I didn't feel like spending the $$$ for it, so I decided to give this a try since it was half the price. I actually rather like it a lot and it is in fact more like a powder foundation than a regular powder. Coverage can get quite thick rather quickly, so it's best to apply lightly at first. I use my Bare Minerals kabuki brush to apply and buff. Gives nice coverage and a matte finish. The lighest shade is maybe a teeny bit too dark for my super fair skin- but I actually like the little bit of color it gives my face. I also like that I am adding a little chemical-free spf on top of my regular sunscreen. Happy to find a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Gainor

I like this stuff, notice how I didn't say love. It really evens out my skin, and the other comments that said that even the lightest one was to dark are completely wrong. If you are having trouble with your skin looking orange after you put your powder on then this is what you need! I am very white and the translucent light was perfect for me! But one downside to this product is that after a few hours your face can look oily so make sure to reapply!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by exer2b4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a powder that would last longer then 4-6 hours on my average day. This powder boasts of matte finish for all day, so was willing to spend a little extra in hopes that it would last at least most of the day. This, of course, did not happen. Definitely not worth the extra money when it does the same as a regular powder for someone like me with very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll admit, I love any powders that have spf. So when I saw this, I bought it. Its pretty expensive for a drug store brand and what really appealed to me is how yellow it was. I hate powders that are peachy, pink or neutral. So when I got this, I was ecstatic. It didnt turn dark on me but it didnt offer the coverage I needed. My lucy minerals was getting too cakey and was a smidgen to dark for my fair yellow tone skin, so I added this to the mix and I still got the flawless coverage without the cakiness or orangeness. It look wonderful. I hate the packaging. It sucks but I'm willing to pay full price. I hate spf lotion sunscreen, it makes me oily. This is a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HELL NO! This stuff is a waste of time and money! For one thing the packaging is really terrible.(bulky and hard to use)..the brush it comes with is terrible (hard, scratchy and bristles fall out by the dozen) and the foundation is...its like pointless! It offers NO coverage and after an hour it gets dark and orange (just like everyone else has experienced) and it feels oilly and mask like. I hate it! This is getting returned asap.

I dont understand why their cosmetics cost on average 13 dollars a pop and yet they still come with stupid crappy brushes!!!! UGH

Physicians formula use to be my favorite drugstore brand but I cant wear anything by them anymore...its all become cheap/bad quality and all their powders and foundations turn orange!

The ONLY thing I like that I pray they never change is their eyeliner + serum liquid liner pens.

Anyways, i sure wished i read the reviews for it first before I went out and bought this.. such a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

purchased this today at walmart and is impressed. I bought the translucent light, and am glad I did because of all the other reviewers complaining that it turns dark on them. It does turn darker, but i feel its more of a sinking into the skin and blending with whatever you have underneath it. Im wearing Korres wild rose moisturizer on and the powder...wow...its dewy and a bit yellowish/golden on my skin, which gives me a nice summery glow. it is translucent, very light coverage so those with not-flawless skin may need a concealer, but i do not. I bought this for the spf, and mainly intended to wear this on my arms, shoulders neck and chest to tone down shiny/greasy sunscreen (i detest shiny) plus, it makes me feel drier (gotta love the Houston humidity, it is so bad here in the summer) and comfortable. I dont mind the very slight cast it leaves on my arms and shoulders (i am a very dark NC30 on my body now; my convertible Jeep and a few months of enjoying pre-summer weather with the doors and top down caused me to get terribly brown so early in the season). I did try on face and am very pleased with the results. I have used Bare Escentuals and gloMinerals pressed base, so i only have higher-end mineral products to compare to and feel that this does perform well, and awesome low price. I havent worn it enough to see if i break out, and will update if i have any negative reactions. I am very surprised and love that i can buy this locally instead of waiting on international shipping (i have sadly given up on many american cosmetics and buy korean cosmetics online, as i feel the quality and packaging is more attractive to me).
I find the packaging delightfully cute. the kabuki brush works great to buff into skin; i love the shorter bristles. it is a little messy, but all loose mineral powders are so it is what it is. The little bubble is so cute and it reminds me of korean sun powders (i have Etude O2 white sun powder and love love love it).
overall i cant believe i found something for super cheap with a high SPF (15% titanium dioxide and 10% zinc) and is clean physical sunscreen with only 15 ingredients in its composition. I feel that this is going to be better for acne sensitive skin and rosacea, but i dont have either conditions, as my skin has been very happy lately and i hope (with less chemicals) to keep this up. In my opinion SPF 50 is so high, and i might forget to reapply if i feel i have the luxury of extra protection initially, at least the 30 keeps me aware that i need to re-apply every 3 hours or so. the package says 16 hour wear, which i do believe, as physical sunscreens dont break down like chemical ones do so re-application might not be so critical.
Of course i would buy this again and again! i am so excited to find it! I most likely will stick with this lighter tone, even though i am so dark, but it does turn darker and eventually melts into skin.
Update: i have tried this with the 2 bb creams i use in rotation; Legere multi-white on the left; skin79 gold on the right. I did notice a bit drier on the right side under the eye, but it might have too much product (i was in a hurry, didnt apply it very carefully). I am pleased to report, on me, did not get darker or 'oxidize'. I did feel overly made up, as both products made me feel like it was too thick. I will either wear the bb cream with my Etude sun powder (as it does not highlight the fine lines under my eyes when worn with bbg cream) or just moisturizer and this product alone. It really does give my face a nice glow and i love the physical sunscreen benefits (and low amount of ingredients).