November 27, 2014 | 1490 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Terrible packaging and terrible product I am a fan of the mineral wear loose and pressed powders and was hoping I would like this but was very disappointed. It was so chalky and cheap looking on the skin. It enhanced any and all flaws. The colors were very unnatural and over this was useless to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm amazed by how much my skin hates this product. I normally have such good luck with PF but not this time.

Product claims "16 hour". I don't fall for that anyways, I didn't expect it to last that long. I just needed a loose powder and hoped with such a claim at least it would have moderate staying power. Not even close! Two hour max and this powder is sitting in expression lines, uneven, cakey looking, and all around not at all what I would call flattering.

It feels very, very heavy for me even with minimal use. I find it does need to be applied a little more or else the coverage looks very uneven. Then, really bad acne. I may be acne prone, but this flare up was uniquely horrible and only started when I started using this powder.

Will be getting returned.

Pros: Does look good when first applied

Cons: Lacks staying power
Very cakey/heavy
Sits in facial lines
Caused Acne

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by WaywardDaughter

This does a fine job of setting makeup. It even adds a little coverage and keeps the makeup looking natural and non-cakey. the reason I give this only 3 stars is the packaging! It is the worst packaging I have ever seen in a makeup product! DO NOT take this with you travelling, it WILL explode. I have to duct tape the thing shut if I want to take it anywhere. Npt only that but the brush is useless and smells like goat. Decent product, awful packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! Just hate the packaging. I didn't like the concept of the flat lid over a tiny few holes, so I took it out. Well, once i put the lid on and picked it up to place it back, it fell and 1/3 of it spilled all over my carpet. Thankfully this was cheap and I can get it anywhere!! I got the shade translucent light for my NC20 light olive skin tone with yellow undertones. Matches nicely, and gives a good finish. Love that it's talc-free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I use this powder on top of my bb cream to give it extra coverage. I got it when CVS has their PF sale if not it's pretty expensive for a drugstore face powder. I love the packaging,it's so cute! I will not wear it on top of a full coverage foundation because it'll be too much and could make your face look cake-y. if you like powder foundation give this one a try,plus it has spf!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by haynmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite powder of all time. The price is decent ($13) at my local cvs. The coverage is build able & never looks like I even have make up on, which I love. I've gotten more compliments on my skin when I use this powder & I never get compliments on my skin otherwise. No breakouts, no irritation. The packaging is a bit weird & messy, but aren't they all? I don't use the brush. I prefer my ecotools brushes for mineral makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by JulieDavon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've purchased this maybe 3 times because I hate changing skin products too often. There are some pros and cons but its really just an average drugstore product with a bigger price tag. Pros: it matched my skin perfectly and went on fairly well. It's light and doesn't make my face feel icky. It lasts for quite awhile. Cons: it's overpriced. The packaging sucks. It has a lid that's connected by a small tab. Sometimes the lid was faulty and hard to open and since its a loose powder, the powder would get everywhere. Poof! Right in your face. Too bad if you didn't want to inhale your make up. Tapping the brush on the side just sends even more powder into the air. The brush is a nightmare as well. Does not grab ahold of the powder at all. When you move the brush to your face, you'll get powder all on the front of your clothes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted a powder foundation for the warmer months... and though I love Bare Minerals, I didn't feel like spending the $$$ for it, so I decided to give this a try since it was half the price. I actually rather like it a lot and it is in fact more like a powder foundation than a regular powder. Coverage can get quite thick rather quickly, so it's best to apply lightly at first. I use my Bare Minerals kabuki brush to apply and buff. Gives nice coverage and a matte finish. The lighest shade is maybe a teeny bit too dark for my super fair skin- but I actually like the little bit of color it gives my face. I also like that I am adding a little chemical-free spf on top of my regular sunscreen. Happy to find a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Gainor

I like this stuff, notice how I didn't say love. It really evens out my skin, and the other comments that said that even the lightest one was to dark are completely wrong. If you are having trouble with your skin looking orange after you put your powder on then this is what you need! I am very white and the translucent light was perfect for me! But one downside to this product is that after a few hours your face can look oily so make sure to reapply!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by exer2b4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a powder that would last longer then 4-6 hours on my average day. This powder boasts of matte finish for all day, so was willing to spend a little extra in hopes that it would last at least most of the day. This, of course, did not happen. Definitely not worth the extra money when it does the same as a regular powder for someone like me with very oily skin.