August 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Loose Powders - Smashbox - Photo Set Finishing Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Dreyt29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do quite like this product. It's got a lovely texture leaving a flawless finish and it's amazing for l control. HOWEVER it leaves an absolutely HIDEOUS white cast when using flash photography even when applied sparingly. I would recommend this to girls with very pale skin or in the day time when flash is not needed. Overall not my HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

WONT BE WITHOUT IT creates a photoshop effect when lightly dusted onto your foundation and leaves skin satin smooth! keeps my oily tzone at bay and gives my foundation a longer life throughout the day! one of my staple products and i wont be without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Melldy

This stuff is incredible, I bought this after reading great reviews on it. It makes my skin feel so silky and smooth and gives it a clear class like sheen. Some people have said that it can be whitening, they must have been piling it on! it also feels nice and light on me. The only prob with it is the packaging, it does tend to go everywhere when you open it and I wouldn't risk taking it in my bag anywhere. The price seems reasonable, however it really is not that big, but you dont need that much so we will see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be in the minority here but I found out that using this powder caused a lot of clogged pores and even cystic acne. I normally have combo skin with some dry patches on my face. I used a whole jar, not knowing or even thinking that this product
could be the culprit of my breakouts. I realized that most mineral makeup does not agree with my skin. Since Mica is the first ingredient on the list, I figure that most Mica based products will cause some issues for me. As far as performance goes, I'm an NC35 and this powder will cause that white, powdery effect. I think those with fair and pale skins will see the best results. This powder seemed to blur fine lines but after a few hours, my face did seem a bit shiny. Overall, I cannot use this product but I think some people may find this powder helpful. To each their own.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Sdembny

I really enjoy this product on a daily basis because it works very well and does what it says it is supposed to. This powder I find leaves my face with a mattified, poreless looking face.
This product has a silky texture, similar to the Makeup Forever HD powder, but I love this powder so much more. MUFE HD leaves a very obvious white reflection in flash photography, and even though this powder has titanium dioxide in it, I get very little white cast in photography, but if I apply too much I can get a slight white cast. I apply this powder after doing all of my foundation and it set perfectly, even Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes, and my foundation stay in place for about 7 hours.
I see so many reviews complaining about this powder clinging to dry patches, and I want to say, any mattifying powder will do that, it absorbs oil, if you have dry patches, don't apply a powder to them... Don't blame this powder for clinging to dry patches, blame peoples ignorance to not understand powder goes on oily areas.
I'm not going to run out to repurchase this powder because I like to try out new things, but this powder was very good and I like it so much more than my MUFE HD Powder, but someday I might come back to this.
To sum it up, this product is about standard price for a high end powder, the packaging is basically like every other loose translucent powder on the market, and I really like this powder, my only complaint is the slight white cast I can get if I apply too much. Any person with oily skin or problems with makeup slipping off their face should look into this powder, especially if you take many flash photos, overall this product is very good and does all the things is claims to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Toqy

I was on a hunt for a finishing powder for quite some time and bough the Smashbox Finishing Powder based on the good reviews on here and was nowhere near disappointed! This stuff is amazing! I have combo-skin (oily T-zone) and used about 3-4 blotting sheets a day. With this powder I need 1 or none. :D
My foundation routine consists off Smashbox primer (light), MUFE mat velvet+, Smashbox powder and Skindinavia setting spray for oily skin. To me, the best routine I have ever used!
As mentioned before, a little goes a loooong way! Using to much is really going to ruin the airbrushed look.
I had to rate pricing a 4, just because Smashbox is a lot more expensive here than in the US, but I can highly, highly recommend this product to anyone who's aiming for a matte look.
I have acne prone skin, so I am not fond of trying out new cosmetic but this baby gave me nothing but matte skin!
HG product worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by becksnow

I like this finishing powder a lot. The key is to not use too much. If you cake it on your face, you will look like a ghost. Use a minuscule amount, and apply it evenly. With this, my face stays oil free pretty much all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I guess I am in the minority here, but partly because after using an entire jar I have come to the conclusion that translucent powder is not a good product. This is not colorless, and I am light, NW20, Healthy FX F2. I can still see white powder up close on my face after barely using any. This really gets cakey around my nose and accentuates dry skin, but again, I think almost any "clear" (really "white") powder would do that. Maybe if you went really, really high end. I've given up on this and am going to replace my 2nd jar with a colored powder that will add as little coverage as possible. But before you fall in love with this, check it out in a 5X mirror, you may see a lot of white on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by willow100z

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The sales lady at Ulta sold me this as an alternative to foundation for my oily skin. The advice was lousy. My skin's too uneven and acne scarred for this to work this way. But the powder is great.

It's long-lasting, though I do need to re-apply every couple of hours if the weather's warm and my face gets oily. (My skin's unusually oily and I live in a warm climate). In cooler weather I don't need to re-apply. It helps smooth out my skin tone, and makes my pores appear more refined.

I use it with Smashbox's Photo Finish primer light and Smashbox Studio Set foundation, with a serum and moisturizer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by JenniBee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I use MUFE HD foundation, (with some concealer) and when I put this over it, it sets everything so soft and smooth, and it has the longest lasting most natural outcome of any makeup combination I've tried so far. Probably because its so expensive!
I wish I could find a cheaper version of this...I got it on sale for 10 dollars but wish I could get a larger amount discounted. I guess the best things in makeup really are the ones that cost more.
I have troublesome dry skin w/ mild acne scarring, if you have a great foundation that works for you I would try this over it and see how you like it.