Creative Nail Design Solar butter

4.3

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, SWEET ALMOND OIL, SHEA BUTTER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIBEHENIN PEG-20 ESTERS, STEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, JOJOBA SEED OIL, FRAGRANCE, XANTHAN GUM, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, RICE BRAN OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E)

on 1/20/2015 4:22:00 PM

Anything from Ceative that starts with solar is a must have.
Im a naildesigner so its my job, passion and hobby. That makes me a qualified expert. Solar something is a muuuust haaave.
Love it! Fresh scent, hydrating, nourishing, smooth, visible results.
The speed spray is amazing, the hand creme is heaven, the hand peeling is even moore amazing, the oil is a gift from above etc etc etc.
You get my point :)

on 12/8/2009 4:57:00 PM

This is one of my favorite hand creams. Yes, it has a strong almond smell, but I don't mind it. I absolutely love the way this makes my hands feel. It's a tad greasy at first, but absorbs in reasonably quickly and softens my hands and cuticles very well. The 2 main reasons I gave this a 4 and not a 5 rating are the price and the packaging. It's a tad pricey if you buy it retail. I get it from etailers at a significant markdown, but it's still kind of expensive. Also, I'd prefer if it came in a tube instead of a tub to help keep bacteria out. That being said, I still continue to buy this product and keep it in my rotation of hand creams :) I also love the Neutrogena Norwegian formula creams and Gold Bond Ultimate Healing cream (all of these are easily found in drugstores and significantly less expensive than the CND).

on 4/23/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great hand cream! Makes my hands soft, smooth, hydrated and my nails grow faster and stronger! Smells jummy :)) I love Solar Oil, too.

on 10/16/2008 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this in the 1/2 ounce size to try it out. I'm so glad I did! Like the reviewer before me, I agree that this product has an overwhelming fragrance. It smells of almond and cherries, which I do not particularly care for. I also did not find this product to be very moisturizing. I love Solar Oil for nails and cuticles, but will not be purchasing Solar Butter in the future. The best hand moisturizers are Neutrogena's Norwegian formula (around $5.00 for 2 oz.) and L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream ($25 for 5.25 oz.) EDITED: I tried this again, and no only are my hands very soft, but my nails feel stronger! I'd buy this again. :D

on 9/21/2008 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I was about to review this product I read the reviews and was shocked at how positive they were. The jar I bought was completely sealed so I don't believe it was old. The scent of almonds was like smelling artificial almond extract sold for baking.....totally overpowering. I'm not sensitive to fragrance. I love essential oils and mix my own scents for moisturizing and armotherapy around my house. In fact I love Frangelico and marzipan which are almond. The smell of this butter was over the top. It filled the room with a horrible smell. Yes it disipates but you have to live through the first 5 minutes. It moisturizes OK but not super great. If buy this smell a tester first or make sure you love sweet almond fragrance. I don't recall ever being so offended by a smell. Make sure you like it or keep your receipt.

on 7/23/2008 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Like the lotion, this went rancid on me and I had to throw it out. But it smells so amazing and really does a great job of moisturizing my feet. I'd buy it again if I can find it in a smaller tub.

on 4/10/2008 3:13:00 PM

I use Solar Butter at night, along with the Solar Oil on my cuticles. I love the combination, my hands have never looked better. It has a lovely almond smell that does fade. I use this strictly at night, I found it to be too greasy to use during the day at work. It was $15 for a 3.5 oz jar at Ulta, but you can find it cheaper at the various nail etailer sites. I'm not crazy about the jar packaging for sanitary reasons, but I'll overlook that because the product is so great.

on 11/12/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this for my cuticles.. the sweet almond oil scent is nice. ive had a little jar for awhile now and it doesnt keep for long. theres no expiry date but after awhile it starts to harden. i mixed it all up in the jar with a toothpick and it seemed to retain some moisture. its not cheap but you get what u pay for... i'll buy again if on sale.

on 4/13/2007 2:37:00 PM

Wow! I'm a huge fan of "Solar Oil" and "Creative Scentsations" already but this beats both hands down and saves on time as a great hand and cuticle treatment in one! Hugely expensive at 15 a tub but worth every penny. My hands had got soooo dry that scentsations alone couldn't help, on the advice of my nail technician I tried this and wondered why on earth I hadn't used it before. Amazing! My hands have never felt so good. The almond scent is delicious and as others have said fades quickly. What surprised me is how a cream so rich could absorb so quickly without leaving a greasy residue. Ladies treat yourselves you'll love it!

on 1/2/2007 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent rich hand cream that's a great addition to my use of Solar Oil. Takes a little time to absorb, but not so long that it can't be used during the day. Almond scent fades pretty quickly so that it doesn't clash with my fragrance. I have a jar on my desk at work and use it several times during the day. Will definitely follow the suggestion from Maverick8 to buy a small size and refill so that I can carry it with me in my bag. Not as messy as Solar Oil and helping to keep my cuticles in better shape. Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Treatments