September 16, 2014 | 1859 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - One Hot Minute

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont have any problem with the packaging, like many others. I think this product applies easily and evenly. I dont like the color and I dont like the smell of it. Packaging is good quality and attractive. I dont like the frosty glow of the product. It definitely is not suitable to be used all over the face for my fair skin. I only used it on the cheeks but it is not delivering the look I want.I prefer matte look and this looks like makeup on my skin. I dont want to have those brown or shimmery patches on my cheeks that I see too much around here. I like my nude by nature bronzer lot more and that does not make me itch either. I think this made me to itch but I do not know what could be the irritant becuase this one contains no Bismuth Oxychloride. I would not purchase this again. It cost me 30 euros when I purchased in a departmet store in the netherlands. And they told me this product is discuntinued so I actually had to get it from their online department store becuase they were no ne left in the actual Douglas store.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For so long I've been searching for a perfect finishing bronzing powder that isn't too dark or hard to apply, I unexpectedly came upon One Hot Minute and I'm in love!

Firstly, I hate the brush that comes with the tin. It's horrible. The bristles fall off and get everywhere and it barely applies the powder. I will say that the brush is good for applying to your entire face, though since it gives you a very light application. The powder itself is beautiful; a pretty, shimmery, tan that doesn't look like ke$ha just sneezed on me. I love using this as a neck, chest, and shoulder bronzer. It blends very well, doesn't fall onto your clothes, and the finish is stunning. A gorgeous shimmer that catches the light beautifully, but it's not so glittery that you can see it from a mile away. It seems to blend away any imperfections and create a flawless glow. When I go out at night I just sweep it on my face very lightly with my own stipple brush and use a heavy-packed powder brush to grab more of the product for the rest of my body. A good tip: add this to your lotion for an all over glow! I like that it's loose and not a pressed powder, but the brush inside is useless! Don't use this as your regular bronzer for your face, use a contouring powder for that. For me this is better suited to being a body bronzer and a face finishing powder. Just play with the application and you'll figure out what works best for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sussuk

I like the way it lightens up my face giving me a healthy looking skin, I put it on top of That gal to enhance it as I like the shimmery look. My skin looks radiant and I am ready to go. It only takes me 5mins. Natural an glamorous in minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Kicopup

The best thing ever ! Makes my skin look amazing ! Such a healthy look to it and I can't stop looking in the mirror lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by beautybev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a all over finishing powder on top of benefit hoola. This product is truly amazing it gives you a air brushed look like no other product can. It does look a little shimmery when 1st applied but after a few minutes it settles into your skin beautiful. You can also use this on it's own which I normally do when I'm on holiday. I have been using this for years now and I just hope that it's never discontinued! I have tried every bronzer on the planet and I cannot live without it. People have stopped me in the street and ask me what make-up I'm wearing :-) truly stunning!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by dlsdls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product as an all-over luminizer. The powder looks somewhere between copper and rose gold but is very sheer once applied on my NC25 skin. If you hate glitter in your luminizers, be warned that there are some small glitter particles here. It's not in-your-face but definitely noticeable in sunlight.

The packing is a round metal tin. The lid screws on quite tightly so it's safe for travel. It comes with a sort of mini fan brush which, to be honest, I don't like. It's too small and flimsy, even for applying a highlighting product. I get good results using a MAC 167. I turn the tin upside down (with the lid on) and give it two or three shakes back and forth. This dispenses a small amount of powder onto the lid, which I swirl onto my brush. I apply first to my cheeks, then down the middle of my face, and then do an all-over sweep of my face with what's left on the brush.

The wear is decent. My skin is normal and I get a pretty sheen that lasts a school/work day. This isn't going to last you all day and night though.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this when I couldn't find Benefit 10.

When this first goes on your skin it looks like an orange shimmery glittery powder/mess but it soon settles down leaving a soft bronze brown sheen. It's sort of like a bronze highlighter. It looks good in small doses on the top of the cheekbone and hollows. Not for temples or sides as it's far too shimmery. It really flatters my olive skin.. However the packaging is really awful. Looks pretty but very impractical. It may be called 'one hot minute' suggesting it could be used on the go but it's really a huge no go.Yes it's in a tin but don't even think you could carry this in a bag or make up bag as it will easily fall open and create a huge mess. I have kept the plastic shifter but the action of removing the lid causes so much powder to be released and it's so messy and gets everywhere- on my mirror, top, neck, counter and carpet. I'm not sure the price or the effort to apply this whilst trying to remain clean and tidy is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by xannav

i love benefit packaging i think its quite adorable, which drew me to this product. i had a spehora associate try this on me and it gave me a great glow. i thought it looked very nice so i bought it. i did return it because once i used it again i was as crazy about it and for the pricepoint you really dont get a lot of product. i figured i can get a nicer product for the same amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This sat untouched for a year after it exploded all over me the first time I used it (I should have kept the damn plastic thing on there). After reading the MUA reviews I had to try it again. You all were right about the beautiful color. Bronzey rose, not too orange, not too much shimmer. Looks really pretty on my fair skin. HOWEVER..I cannot deal with this packaging. I taped up some of the holes and I still get powder everywhere. The brush is worthless. I seriously have wasted so much of this product b/c of the packaging. For the price, not worth it. Am going to try NARS Laguna next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I'm loving this powder. Its described as rose gold, but its really more a light bronzy rose. It just finishes my look so well, my skin just looks great. It's not shimmery which is great. Cons are that its quite pricey ($30) and you can't tell how much product is in the tin. Thankfully you don't need much to finish a look.I would buy this again.